Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

2014 GT Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 3/13/20, 12:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GT Exhaust

I am looking at upgrading the exhaust on my 2014 GT Automatic to the Kooks LT 1 7/8 and the catted H pipe and the GT 500 sport upgrades mufflers M-5230-MSVTLB. I plan on leaving the resonators on. I want something louder and deeper sounding than stock. But not crazy loud. I am 63 years old!

I am also looking at upgrading to the Boss 302 intake, and would like some opinions about that with or without the Ford billet throttle body.

Thanks

Last edited by mustangjack; 3/19/20 at 11:40 PM.
Old 3/13/20, 07:01 PM
GT Member

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
You're a pretty young guy by my standards [ I'll be 76 next month ] , by all accounts the combination of long tubes and GT 500 mufflers should give you what you're looking for sound wise. Based on every video I've seen putting headers on a 197 series 5.0 is a PITA. It's also pretty costly in terms of horsepower per dollar. Still it's your money and your busted knuckles unless you spend even more money and have someone else do the work. I am a bit of a cheapskate plus I am used to doing my own work which is why my exhaust is still stock.I also have an extended warranty I don't want to mess up.There is one question I think everyone with a 1 st. gen Coyote should ask before changing intakes. Will your rpm sensitive mechanical parts ie. valve springs and connecting rods be able to handle the higher rpms that the manifolds require in order to make increased power. The stock rpm limit on a 1 st. gen engine is 6,800 rpm. I am a bit cautious, but I think 7,200 rpm is probably safe. The Boss intake as well as the '18 and up intakes make peak power at 7,500 rpm and can carry it further yet. It's my understanding that unless you have a Cobra Jet intake putting a larger throttle body on any of the production intakes is pointless. IF you decide to roll the dice and turn up the wick to 7,500 or beyond the "X" pipe MIGHT be a little better than the "H" at high rpm. Good luck and have fun.