Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

2011 Mustang 5.0 exhaust clips

Search this Thread

Old 12/26/11, 10:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No love for the hushpowers huh?
Old 12/31/11, 06:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Is the FRPP sport and the Borla S type the same muffler ?
Old 1/1/12, 09:03 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Big Papi's Pony
Is the FRPP sport and the Borla S type the same muffler ?
Unofficially yeah. Borla can neither confirm or deny. Aside from markings they look and sound the same.
Old 1/29/12, 12:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Can anyone that has a full SW exhaust rate from 1-10 how loud the in-cab drone is around 2500-3000 rpm where 1 - stock & 10- idk like monster truck loud?
Old 2/24/12, 03:24 PM
Bullitt Member

ummmmm really no one has full SW ???
Old 2/25/12, 07:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I know some one has it. Intervention? I think does.
Old 3/10/12, 10:49 AM
GT Member

AED lope tune, newest version. Recorded this morning:

Pypes 3 inch X pipe, Jeg's cat delete's, Dynomax 3 inch Bullets as resonators and Dynomax Ultra-Flow axle back.

Mike

Old 3/10/12, 12:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Question

Is the video from the GT500axleback exhaust with or without the resonators?.
Somewehre I readed that apparently the Shelby GT500 has that axleback exhaust without resonators (?). How strong will be the noise without resonators, to atract the local PD?
Old 3/10/12, 08:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by M3hunter
Is the video from the GT500axleback exhaust with or without the resonators?.
Somewehre I readed that apparently the Shelby GT500 has that axleback exhaust without resonators (?). How strong will be the noise without resonators, to atract the local PD?
It's a noticeable increase, but not an obnoxious increase. I have had mine without resonators since they were installed almost a year ago with no issues. Meaning, no cops have said anything bad about them. Removing the resonators is a good thing to do. The GT500 has no resonators in it's stock form. Mine was a set of take-offs and came with the over the axle pipes that were just open 2.75" tubes. The main difference was the GT500 has an X-Pipe and the GT has an H-Pipe.

Of course none of what I have said will matter if you have a police officer that just wants to give you a hard time. In that case any mod to your car may draw their attention. I've gotten many compliments on the sound, some even from police officers. I think you will be good.
Old 3/11/12, 08:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RobDis
It's a noticeable increase, but not an obnoxious increase. I have had mine without resonators since they were installed almost a year ago with no issues. Meaning, no cops have said anything bad about them. Removing the resonators is a good thing to do. The GT500 has no resonators in it's stock form. Mine was a set of take-offs and came with the over the axle pipes that were just open 2.75" tubes. The main difference was the GT500 has an X-Pipe and the GT has an H-Pipe.

Of course none of what I have said will matter if you have a police officer that just wants to give you a hard time. In that case any mod to your car may draw their attention. I've gotten many compliments on the sound, some even from police officers. I think you will be good.
Hi RobDis,
All what you mentioned make sense. I also will install the GT500 axleback exhaust without the resonators.

One last question. Which is better the X-pipe or the H-pipe? Any difference?
Old 3/11/12, 09:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hi RobDis,
All what you mentioned make sense. I also will install the GT500 axleback exhaust without the resonators.

One last question. Which is better the X-pipe or the H-pipe? Any difference?
X-Pipe is supposed to make more power while the h-pipe makes more sound. Though heartthrob said their H made more power than the X but thats not t ypical
Old 3/13/12, 09:02 AM
GT Member

GT500 without resonators is a great sound. H-pipe and GT500s is louder and more "choppy and poppy" than an X pipe and GT500s. The X will smooth it out a bit and lower the volume. You can see comparisons in my exhaust thread here.

Mike
Old 3/14/12, 08:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Question

Which X pipe, do you recommend?
Old 3/14/12, 09:38 AM
GT Member

Which X pipe, do you recommend?
I would get the new Lethal Performance Stainless X with the detachable "legs." This allows you to run it as an after-cat X pipe, or delete the cats down the road. Best of both worlds in terms of options.

Mike
Old 3/14/12, 07:48 PM
GT Member

Here's my Flowmaster Hushpowers combined with BBK Ceramic Long Tubes, Off-Road x-pipe, 93 Steeda Lope Cammed tune. Not bad for an iPhone recoding, sounds bad *** in person, shakes the ground and the car, people love it. At idle it smells and sounds like a 306 SBF Windsor engine with trickflow heads and a high lift cam - I've got one of those in the garage to compare it with!

http://youtu.be/YT0gwy-sDKU
Old 3/16/12, 12:38 AM
GT Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
i had 2200 dollars to finish my 2012 gt ,,iinstalled gt500 spoiler d/g elanor scoops got a 6 month old tuner with jlt on way and a bbr tune ,,tinted windows and got dub springs and mb old school chrome looking boyd wheels ,,,and ive done it all alone except paint ...but the best mod i made by far is my exhaust ,,its the pypes super system with heart throb cat deletes ,,this threw me over 100.00 on budget caus i had shop line em up ,,i wasted a week trying ,,but it sounds so bad *** ,,it has a deep deep rumble makes me feel like im 19 again sneaking my dads 70 gtx outta garage ..its actually a lil too loud and lol i dont care ,,it will be a week before my tune is in , becaus my work car is down ive been drivn the gt probaly 600 miles since install ,,,not even a chek engine light came on after i ditched the cats ..wow ,,the super system with no cats is terriffic..if u want a mild exhaust get something else ,,if u want your gt to sound like pure american muscle with a vengance when you roll in like kid rock ,,then ditch thoes cats with 75.00 delete pipes and and get a pypes super system..wproctor knows how i feel i can tell lol

Last edited by dlc1; 3/16/12 at 12:42 AM.
Old 3/23/12, 06:02 AM
V6 Member

Looking for some opinions and aide here. I have been out of the states so long I haven't seen any of these 2011s+ on the road My 13 is on order and I already want to mess with it lol. Anyway, I like the Borla Touring, but it is just to subdued, and the ATTACK (however it is spelled) just sounds to loud, the S-type doesn't have a deep enough sound for me. I like the deep throaty sound, but I don't want it to be obnoxious unless I am really getting on it. I am leaning towards the FM Hushpowers, but wondering what their sound is like in the cab on long freeway drives.

Or if you guys can point me towards something that fits my description better then those I would be greatly appreciative.
Old 3/23/12, 07:20 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by LostGeographer
Looking for some opinions and aide here. I have been out of the states so long I haven't seen any of these 2011s+ on the road My 13 is on order and I already want to mess with it lol. Anyway, I like the Borla Touring, but it is just to subdued, and the ATTACK (however it is spelled) just sounds to loud, the S-type doesn't have a deep enough sound for me. I like the deep throaty sound, but I don't want it to be obnoxious unless I am really getting on it. I am leaning towards the FM Hushpowers, but wondering what their sound is like in the cab on long freeway drives.

Or if you guys can point me towards something that fits my description better then those I would be greatly appreciative.
What I do and don't like about my Flowmaster Hushpowers:
No or little drone or noise when cruising in 6th gear BEFORE adding an off-road x-pipe and exhaust headers. After removing the cats and adding long- tube headers there is some drone between 60-65, but not above 65, and not below 60.

The exhaust with long tubes and O/R X-pipe is louder now at cruising speed but with the windows up you can talk on the phone or listen to the radio at low volume.

Unique exhaust note at W.O.T. during acceleration...has a Euro V8 note to it but very loud.

Dislikes: Rust. I thought these were stainless but I've got the rust thing going on at the welds and I don't like that at all - and I've never driven this car in the rain.

Old 5/13/12, 08:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

This thread is great. Deciding between the Flowmaster HP catback and the GT500 mufflers..
Old 6/18/12, 02:37 PM
GT Member

hmmm will just an axleback void my warranty?

Quick Reply: 2011 Mustang 5.0 exhaust clips