The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Sterling Gray (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f789/)
-   -   Incoming Pictures!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f789/incoming-pictures-511227/)

ATTFighter 7/13/12 01:33 PM

Incoming Pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 Attachment(s)
Any suggestions? Already have borla exhaust s-type and tint. Excuse the quality these were taken with a cellphone.

Attachment 208098

Attachment 208099

Attachment 208100

Attachment 208101

Attachment 208102

Attachment 208103

Attachment 208104

Attachment 208105

Attachment 208106

SilverSkoundrel 7/13/12 01:41 PM

Damm good looking car man. Maybe darker wheels would be cooler

newpony 7/13/12 01:47 PM

You car needs to be lowered a little bit. Other than that, you car looks awesome.

youngstang90 7/13/12 01:48 PM

Yeah, if you powder coat your wheels a flat black to match the stripes, that would look sick! Although a gloss finish would tie in the tails. :dunno:

Either way you have a gorgeous car!

ATTFighter 7/13/12 02:06 PM

thanks guys, if i powder coat my wheels am i going to have to be without my car for 2 days? i don't have any other means of transportation haha? also i am not very familiar at all with lowering my car if you have any setup suggestions that would be awesome.

GreenCars 7/13/12 02:11 PM

Looks Great.. Maybe its the color or the rim IDK but your car seems higher in the back then mine

Kabooka 7/13/12 02:19 PM

Awesome!

newpony 7/13/12 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by ATTFighter (Post 6396655)
thanks guys, if i powder coat my wheels am i going to have to be without my car for 2 days? i don't have any other means of transportation haha? also i am not very familiar at all with lowering my car if you have any setup suggestions that would be awesome.

You can find more info in the Modifications -> Suspension Tech section but what recommend based on my experience: Steeda Ultralites (1.1"/1.5" inch drop Front/Back) and Koni's STR.T shocks/struts.

06blackvertstang 7/13/12 03:03 PM

Try plastidipping them first to see if you like it. You can even add a gloss finish if you want!

2012GTCS 7/13/12 06:50 PM

Looks awesome, but why do those tips stick out so far??!

ATTFighter 7/13/12 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by 2012GTCS (Post 6396796)

those are the borla s-type exhaust tips thats just the way they are they are bigger than stock they stick out more. I like it though.

TheDivaDanielle 7/13/12 08:14 PM

Lower it, add boss 302 diffuser and continue stripe on bumpers

laserred38 7/13/12 08:41 PM

If you like the wheels and can swing it, FRPP makes the same wheel in gloss black - you could buy them and sell your old wheels.

montreal ponies 7/13/12 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by 2012GTCS (Post 6396796)

Yeah, i was thinking the same. Do all Borla's stick out that much !

MyStang2010GB 7/13/12 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle (Post 6396846)
Lower it, add boss 302 diffuser and continue stripe on bumpers

The Boss diffuser is not an easy mod unless you have the GT/CS. its molded 1 piece rear valance on the V6 and GT.

I opted to have mine painted...

slostang 7/13/12 09:11 PM

The hood louvers would look good plasti dipped, other then that I like the look alot.

ScottH 7/14/12 10:23 AM

I have never understood why Borla insists that the tips stick out so far. It's so ghetto-rigged looking.

LEwis26 7/14/12 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by ScottH
I have never understood why Borla insists that the tips stick out so far. It's so ghetto-rigged looking.

Agreed. I thought they changed them in early 2012 to 4.5in tips that were tucked a bit more but it doesn't look good IMO.

laserred38 7/14/12 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by ScottH

They did it on the SN95s too. Their turbo slash cut tips that they use on truck catbacks were the best IMO. My dad had a Borla catback on his F150 and it was nice and tucked, not sticking out at all. And not double-walled, which look cheap to me.

jsimmons 7/14/12 11:36 AM

If you're not gonna lower it, you should consider getting some off-road tires for it.

Gtstyles2 7/14/12 01:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ATTFighter

those are the borla s-type exhaust tips thats just the way they are they are bigger than stock they stick out more. I like it though.

I also have Borla S Type, its not the mufflers.... the 13s have a different bumper any aftermarket is gonna look kinda weird... I already saw mufflers on AM that are designed for the new 13s

Tron 7/14/12 01:25 PM

That's hot!

wannabe 7/14/12 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by jsimmons (Post 6397146)
If you're not gonna lower it, you should consider getting some off-road tires for it.

I may well be the only guy in the world that thinks the Mustang looks just fine with the factory 'stance'. That one looks a touch higher than some others, but it's just fine to my eye.

TheDivaDanielle 7/15/12 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB (Post 6396866)
The Boss diffuser is not an easy mod unless you have the GT/CS. its molded 1 piece rear valance on the V6 and GT.

I opted to have mine painted...

Half of the diffuser pops right in, and then you just need to add little slots by the exhaust tips fOr the diffuser to gO through. Or at least that's how it looks. I'll find out in two weeks when the car arrIves. :)

Burke985 7/15/12 06:33 AM

Lowering an inch is good , any more than that it starts to look ghetto. car looks great man

FromZto5 10/19/12 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Gtstyles2 (Post 6397198)
I also have Borla S Type, its not the mufflers.... the 13s have a different bumper any aftermarket is gonna look kinda weird... I already saw mufflers on AM that are designed for the new 13s

Interesting.... So on a 2012, the borlas don't stick out as far?

Big Poppa 10/20/12 02:06 AM

Great looking car but I think some brighter rims would work better, like chrome or machined.

USMC:302 10/20/12 08:08 AM

It already has a great look, keep going with the black accents and do a matte black powder-coat on the wheels, maybe with some +10mm spacers. I'd also consider getting a new front grille that deletes the pony, or painting it to match the stripe.

Avengnd 10/20/12 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by newpony (Post 6396647)
You car needs to be lowered a little bit. Other than that, you car looks awesome.

^ +1

JCStang 10/20/12 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by wannabe (Post 6397219)
I may well be the only guy in the world that thinks the Mustang looks just fine with the factory 'stance'. That one looks a touch higher than some others, but it's just fine to my eye.

No, you are not the only one, I like the stock stance as well...maybe it is cuz I am older and not into the whole lowering thing....

xtc.inc 10/20/12 07:20 PM

Remove louvers and fake side scoops. Get a more subtle spoiler.

Cleaner and more simple is always better.

TheDivaDanielle 10/20/12 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by xtc.inc
Remove louvers and fake side scoops. Get a more subtle spoiler.

Cleaner and more simple is always better.

Lol "remove the extra appearance options you paid extra for to make it look more boring"

BackinBlack13 10/20/12 07:50 PM

Looks good!

xtc.inc 10/20/12 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle (Post 6470531)
Lol "remove the extra appearance options you paid extra for to make it look more boring"

Yeah, they are appearance options, aka useless.

If you paid extra for that then LOL, I would pay extra not to have them :heh:

Its american rice, "lets glue a bunch of plastic crap on the car"

Have you ever heard of the saying: "less is more"

The more simple a car looks, the cleaner it is.

Lets take a look at some pictures shall we?

Nice, clean, simple look

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7280/7...6e3f80e7_b.jpg

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...e-img_2425.jpg

VS

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...e-03025607.jpg

http://www.mustang.org/images/dto_ga.../2115/6027.jpg

Notice how the real performance cars such as the Shelby GT500 do not come with any of that crap?

I wonder why that is :dunno:

As a buddy of mine once said: "Mustangs are like women, you can pay allot of money to dress them up, but in the end they just look better naked."

TheDivaDanielle 10/20/12 11:20 PM

And yet I've seen Shelby's with side scoops and the window louvers......

Basically what you showed me was mustangs with factory available appearance modifications, and then mustangs with also useless aftermarket modifications. Cool story, bro.

laserred38 10/21/12 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle

Basically what you showed me was mustangs with factory available appearance modifications, and then mustangs with also useless aftermarket modifications. Cool story, bro.

I can't believe he's actually arguing this lol. I prefer the smoother look too, but so what?

xtc.inc 10/21/12 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle (Post 6470708)

Thats because they have been added, cars like the BOSS 302 and Shelby dont come with that.

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle (Post 6470708)

Make some sense if possible.

I "showed" you "mustangs with available appearance mods and then mustangs with also useless aftermarket mods" ?

Do you realize that is the same exact thing?

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ryLaughing.gif

TheDivaDanielle 10/21/12 09:55 AM

Exactly.

Gtstyles2 10/21/12 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by FromZto5

Interesting.... So on a 2012, the borlas don't stick out as far?

No, not at its, it's almost flush, I like it that way, but I did see the Dual tipped 2013 GT500 mufflers... They look great on the 13s it compliments the larger opening

Mirad_GT12 10/21/12 07:42 PM

Yea i dont get fake hood scoops or brake ducts. If anything they create more aerodynamic drag.

Getportfolio 10/21/12 07:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
You need to add the Roush side splitters to that bad boy.

xtc.inc 10/21/12 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle (Post 6470913)
Exactly.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/degauss/gifs/yeah-ok.gif

ATTFighter 10/21/12 08:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by xtc.inc (Post 6471212)

Hey guys, first off my car does not even look like this anyone since these pictures I have done so much more and have posted newer pics. I have full suspension and black wheels now.

However, I got the appearance package with the window louvers and side scoops and the different spoiler because I like it and i think it makes the car look cooler IMHO. Without the package to me, it does not stand out from the rest of the stock mustangs.

Attachment 205096

Attachment 205097

xtc.inc 10/21/12 08:50 PM

Your car looks good. You have to do what you must to make it your own. I respect that.

My car looks just like the rest of the black 2011's, not a single one of my modifications has to do with aesthetics, performance only.

To some its a trade off between the two, to others, one matters more.

Enjoy your car, it looks like you have a good blend of both.

Skylar 10/21/12 08:59 PM

If I had an '05+, the first thing I would do would order side louvers. The quarter windows look naked to me without them. Add whatever you want to your car, the ones who complain are usually the ones with boring cars that blend in with the crowd.

BluehazeGT 10/22/12 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by ATTFighter

Hey guys, first off my car does not even look like this anyone since these pictures I have done so much more and have posted newer pics. I have full suspension and black wheels now.

However, I got the appearance package with the window louvers and side scoops and the different spoiler because I like it and i think it makes the car look cooler IMHO. Without the package to me, it does not stand out from the rest of the stock mustangs.

Car looks good. What mufflers are on it? They seem to stick out more than most

Siber Express 10/22/12 08:59 PM

Car Looks Awesome :metal:

montreal ponies 10/23/12 03:44 PM

Just can't beat a SG 'Stang.

JoshLSTV 10/24/12 04:59 AM

Car looks good, though I'm one who prefers the stock stance as opposed to lowered. You should tint your side markers to go with the blacked out look. The window tint looks good, what percentage is it?

ATTFighter 10/26/12 12:28 PM

yea my side markers are blacked out now and the window tint is 15%. I dislike the stock stance very much the rear sits so high looks like a 4x4

PaxtonShelby 10/27/12 09:37 PM

I'm not typically a big fan of black wheels, but wow - those black Brembo wheels and the lowered stance really look fantastic!

Lots of hills and speed bumps in my neck of the woods here in Pittsburgh - I'm not sure if I'd have problems scraping the front end if my car ( when I get it ) would be that low.

ryancouey 7/1/13 05:15 AM

Did you plastidip/gloss the wheels or did you go with powdercoat?

Varilux 7/1/13 01:20 PM

That car is coming along quite nicely! I'm not a big fan of black wheels either, but they do look good on yours.

Likewise, the stance is looking good too (once I've burned through the factory-equipped Pirellis, I'm going to go with something that has a taller sidewall- if that doesn't fill up the wheel wells a bit better, I'll lower 1"). I don't mind the car sitting off the ground a bit (my last two cars have been Europeans with really low chin spoilers that just love to get caught on anything), but I really don't like the space in the wheel well these cars have from the factory.

Also, +1 on the tint. I have a SG as well and have wondered how tint would look- seeing your car pushes me towards having them done.

Seems swapping out to some black 5.0 logos would be a good continuation of your journey towards the "dark side." ;)