The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Black (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f783/)
-   -   Back in the saddle again!!! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f783/back-saddle-again-521168/)

Ltngdrvr 4/27/13 06:37 PM

Back in the saddle again!!!

Had a struggle with sanity today and insanity won!

Bought a new 2014 Mustang today.

The V6 brethren are going to give me hell, it's a GT.

Got it for well under invoice plus an extra $750 off with my private cash coupon.

Originally went out to look at a BOSS 302 Jr., ie; a GT Track Pack, that they had advertised on cars.com but when I got there they informed me they had just traded it to another dealer!

I, needless to say, was not happy.

We got to looking around and found a GT with 3.73's and Brembo's and the one thing it just had to have, RECARO SEATS!

So, the wheelin' and dealin' commenced, and they came across with a nice discount plus a $2K rebate, and then my $750 private cash.

Didn't do quite as well on the interest rate as I'd have liked but my hopes for that weren't too high anyway since my credit score isn't very good.

The weather here is pretty crappy this weekend so I didn't really wring it out yet but it was pretty good up to 6K in third on the test ride, had the sales lady gripping the door and seat sides pretty good!

Only pics so far are from the dealer, once the weather clears out some and I get a chance to throw a shine on it I will post some more.

Anyone want to buy a F250 CC PowerStroke?

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...mustang-gt.jpg

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...t-interior.jpg

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...g-gt-motor.jpg

Hadtohaveit'13 4/27/13 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr (Post 6612692)
Had a struggle with sanity today and insanity won!

Bought a new 2014 Mustang today.

The V6 brethren are going to give me hell, it's a GT.

Got it for well under invoice plus an extra $750 off with my private cash coupon.

Originally went out to look at a BOSS 302 Jr., ie; a GT Track Pack, that they had advertised on cars.com but when I got there they informed me they had just traded it to another dealer!

I, needless to say, was not happy.

We got to looking around and found a GT with 3.73's and Brembo's and the one thing it just had to have, RECARO SEATS!

So, the wheelin' and dealin' commenced, and they came across with a nice discount plus a $2K rebate, and then my $750 private cash.

Didn't do quite as well on the interest rate as I'd have liked but my hopes for that weren't too high anyway since my credit score isn't very good.

The weather here is pretty crappy this weekend so I didn't really wring it out yet but it was pretty good up to 6K in third on the test ride, had the sales lady gripping the door and seat sides pretty good!

Only pics so far are from the dealer, once the weather clears out some and I get a chance to throw a shine on it I will post some more.

Anyone want to buy a F250 CC PowerStroke?

Nice buy man, I know you've gotta be pretty happy. What was the final price

Stage_3 4/27/13 07:12 PM

Congrats! You will be very happy.

PaxtonShelby 4/27/13 08:02 PM

Sweet - Recaros are awesome!

BLK STANG 4/27/13 08:33 PM

Congrats looks awsome

dmichaels 4/27/13 08:34 PM

Looks VERY similar to what I just ordered, jealous you found it on the lot. Did you get the full track package or just the Brembo package?

How do you like the Recaro's? I look forward to getting mine in... well... at some point :)

Looks awesome though

PJRManagement 4/27/13 08:40 PM

Looks great!

GtStang4 4/27/13 08:40 PM

Welcome back!

Ltngdrvr 4/27/13 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by dmichaels (Post 6612804)
Looks VERY similar to what I just ordered, jealous you found it on the lot. Did you get the full track package or just the Brembo package?

How do you like the Recaro's? I look forward to getting mine in... well... at some point :)

Looks awesome though

I say in the original post that the Track Pack car I went to see about had been traded to another dealer and ended up going with a GT with Brembos and 3.73's instead. Not the full Track Pack but almost, just none of the BOSS parts.

The Recaros are fantastic, best seats they ever installed in a Mustang from the factory.

I did look at a premium GT with Recaros, tried it out and drove it but just really don't like the leather.

The only thing I worry about is the edge of the side bolsters getting worn and frayed over time as I drag my fat behind in and out of the car. Had that issue on the cloth seats in my '04. We'll see how they hold up.
_

mikeship911 4/27/13 09:14 PM

Love it!!! Those seats are freaking me out though. The picture makes them look too big for the car. I'd take it all day long.

Thamac15 4/27/13 09:15 PM

Very nice! Congratulations

Ltngdrvr 4/27/13 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by mikeship911 (Post 6612856)
Love it!!! Those seats are freaking me out though. The picture makes them look too big for the car. I'd take it all day long.

Yes, the headrest area of the Recaros is very large but once you plant your behind in them nothing else matters!

USMC0341 4/27/13 10:43 PM

Looks good! Congrats!

Stevedotmil 4/28/13 05:16 AM

Congrats on the new car. You are going to love it. I love my TP car. Clean that thing up and get some sunshine pictures when you get the opportunity.

FromZto5 4/28/13 05:54 AM

Congrats... About time you opted for real power! Kidding. Congrats again

Tron 4/28/13 07:02 AM

Beautiful! Congrats! :D

eric n 4/28/13 08:10 AM

Great looking car. En-freakin-joy. I don't know if you've owned a black car( I've had half a dozen) but they are extra work to keep shiny.

Ltngdrvr 4/28/13 09:24 AM

I've owned black Lightnings for over 10 years, yeah, maybe a little extra work keeping the black ones clean but they sure look good when they are!

cdynaco 4/28/13 04:22 PM

:nice:

Ltngdrvr 4/29/13 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13 (Post 6612712)
Nice buy man, I know you've gotta be pretty happy. What was the final price

MSRP- $35,230

Invoice- $32,453

Selling- $31,024

Customer Cash- $750

Final Price- $30,274 + TTL and doc fees.

Oh yeah, I did let the finance guy talk me into the 5 year wheel/tire and windshield warranty after they discounted it by about 80%, a whopping $4 a month extra on the payment.

Covers any wheels and tires I have on the car, even aftermarket for any road hazard and they put the coating on the windshield that is supposed to be like permanent rain-x. And with all the rock chips and cracks I've gotten in the windshields of my various vehicles over the years that small amount added to the payment to be able to get a new OEM Ford windshield put in seemed like a worthy investment.