The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Motorsports (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f772/)
-   -   Traitor wins at Talladega (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f772/traitor-wins-talladega-514424/)

Zastava_101 10/7/12 03:23 PM

Traitor wins at Talladega

Nice job Kenseth.

What a finish ...

Zastava_101 10/7/12 03:25 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vPdF0-TxeR...ascar-2012.jpg

2k7gtcs 10/7/12 03:27 PM

What a mess!

2k7gtcs 10/7/12 03:55 PM

What was the deal with Kurt Busch? He just continues to melt down.

red pony 10/7/12 04:04 PM

Tony needs to get a pilots license! Never saw any driver like him get a car upsidee down on top of other cars like he does!

jacostang 10/7/12 05:15 PM

Dale Jr. said it best in the post race interview..

Congrats to Roush Racing!

Zastava_101 10/7/12 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs (Post 6458754)

Well he is driving for Phoenix Racing ... or should I say drove for Phoenix Racing. He'll be at #78 Chevy for Furniture Row Racing for the remainder of the season.

I expected more for him since Phoenix Racing is using Hendrick's engines.

Zastava_101 10/7/12 08:47 PM

http://a.espncdn.com/media/motion/20..._Talladega.jpg

Rather B.Blown 10/8/12 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs (Post 6458754)

Bath salts. Only explanation I can come up with.

skunk21 10/8/12 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown (Post 6459114)
Bath salts. Only explanation I can come up with.

:lol:. man I just spit coffee everywhere. I think he needs another Jimmy Spencer style punch :D. Such a typical plate race, that move Tony did seem good in theory but doesn't seem to work out too often. It takes to long to move down for the block, they are right on you buy the time the move is made. Matt did a hell of a job, he had to have one of the looser cars on the track.

2k7gtcs 10/8/12 07:13 AM

It's crazy when Kyle seems like the more normal one.

sampey43 10/8/12 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
It's crazy when Kyle seems like the more normal one.

Their both divas!

Zastava_101 10/8/12 09:44 AM

Kurt Busch parked by NASCAR during race: While most of the race was monotonously boring, there were moments of emotion, yes. And Kurt Busch provided some of those. He was leading midway when he suddenly ran out of gas. And Busch wound up bouncing into the infield wall. During the yellow Busch got out to look at his car and decided it could be repaired. So he cranked it up and started to drive it back to the garage, though without his helmet. NASCAR ordered him to stop on the track, to stop scattering debris. But without his helmet Busch didn't get the radio message. So Busch roared off while the emergency crews were still at his car, one even with his arm inside, and other with an emergency medical kit on the roof, which fell off. NASCAR angrily order Busch's car parked for the rest of the race....which is his last with team owner James Finch. Busch said, "This is the way my life works. Today is a perfect example: I am leading, I wreck, I run out of gas. I tried to get back in the race, and now NASCAR is yelling at me because I don't have my helmet on, and I'm trying to get it to the garage so the guys can work on it. Now I'm in trouble, this little storm right here. This is my life. I'm not complaining; I put myself in a lot of these situations."(MikeMulhern.net)(10-8-2012)

Turn3 10/9/12 07:52 PM

Gotta LOVE this pic!

http://www.mikemulhern.net/uploads/p...aw23fq6jw5.jpg

2k7gtcs 10/9/12 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Turn3
Gotta LOVE this pic!

Talk about traffic! At 200 mph no less.

Cool pic!

cdynaco 10/9/12 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Turn3 (Post 6460959)
Gotta LOVE this pic!

:doh:

karrnutt 10/12/12 10:42 AM

Do not like Matt being called a "traitor " . He still is trying to win a championship for Roush. I am not a Toyota fan and I don't purchase non North American vehicles. But whatever happened to freedom of choice ? I regret seeing him leave Roush and won't be as anxious for to him win, but I wish him well !

Zastava_101 10/12/12 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by karrnutt (Post 6463237)
Do not like Matt being called a "traitor " .

He won everything there is to win at Roush. He was a champion, he won Daytona 500 twice and he was one of the top drivers in each season.
What else is there to prove (at Gibbs) after 10+ years at Roush?

I understand he had some sponsorship issues, but he didn't have to worry about that - he would have a full time ride at Roush no matter what, even if Jack had to pay out of his own pocket to run that #17 car.

red pony 10/12/12 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by karrnutt (Post 6463237)
Do not like Matt being called a "traitor " . He still is trying to win a championship for Roush. I am not a Toyota fan and I don't purchase non North American vehicles. But whatever happened to freedom of choice ? I regret seeing him leave Roush and won't be as anxious for to him win, but I wish him well !

I think we all do on this thread including Zoran, but when you see Chevy and Toyota get all the good drivers and Nascar giving them a ton of room to do whatever they want, the Ford teams and their drivers get the shaft making it tough to win! Look at Edwards. Championship driver last year. Loses to Tony Stewart who out of nowhere in the Chase wins half the races in a car that was so disgustingly fast that Nascar needed to investigate but obviously didn't. Why did that happen? Because Nascar is queer for Chevy! If the same Ford driver wins as many races as Tony did in the chase, they (Nascar and their'bought' commentaters ) say the Ford drivers are 'stinking up the show'! So with that in mind, you go ahead and wish him well. He is tired of doing whatever it takes to put Ford in the championship circle, which is an up hill battle!

Zastava_101 10/12/12 01:11 PM

+1.
Matt pretty much gave up and took the easy way out.