The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Motorsports (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f772/)
-   -   Petty, Yates to Merge!! Kasey Kahne Back to FORD! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f772/petty-yates-merge-kasey-kahne-back-ford-476787/)

Zastava_101 6/19/10 09:05 PM

Ford has been doing pretty much the same thing (Roush-Yates?).

Moosetang 6/20/10 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Red Star (Post 5895563)
Ford has been doing pretty much the same thing (Roush-Yates?).

True to an extent, and the Dodge and Toyota teams at times have been run as mega-teams with flimsy disguises as well. But that just reinforces my point: the team limit rule was created specifically to force Roush to downsize, and has not prevented "alliances" or "partnerships" which are even bigger than Roush was.

Zastava_101 10/21/10 06:12 AM

Kahne released from RPM ride UPDATE to #83?: Kasey Kahne was released from Richard Petty Motorsports on Wednesday night, clearing the way for him to join Red Bull Racing for the final five races of the season. RPM announced Kahne was out of the #9 Ford effective immediately, and Aric Almirola would drive the car this weekend at Martinsville Speedway. Almirola had been on NASCAR's entry list to drive the #83 Toyota for Red Bull. But the plans apparently were scrapped after Kahne's blowup Saturday night when his brakes failed at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Kahne exploded in anger on the radio when his brakes failed for the third time this season, second time in two races. It led to a wreck with Sam Hornish Jr., and Kahne refused to get back in the car after it was repaired. He cited illness for not going back on the track, and the team used J.J. Yeley to finish the race.(Associated Press)(10-20-2010)
UPDATE: Kasey Kahne will drive the #83 at Red Bull Racing for the final five races after being released by Richard Petty Motorsports on Wednesday night, a source close to the situation told ESPN.com. Aric Almirola will replace Kahne in the #9 Budweiser Ford at RPM at Martinsville. No plans were announced for the remaining four races, but a source said Kahne's release could pave the way for #47 JTG Daugherty's Marcos Ambrose to move into the car that he will drive full-time next season. That would open the door for #09/71-Bobby Labonte to replace Ambrose in the #47 Toyota he will drive next season. Sources said there were talks before Kahne's release about moving Ambrose into the #9 and Labonte into the #47, but Kahne's sponsorship obligation with Budweiser was a holdup. Kahne announced earlier in the year he will drive for Red Bull Racing in 2011 before moving to Hendrick Motorsports in 2012. Crew chief Kenny Francis, who will move with Kahne to Red Bull next season, told ESPN.com he will be with Almirola this weekend and he expects to remain with the team through the end of the season. "If they want me I will be there,"Francis said. Francis would not elaborate on why Kahne was released, saying it had been in the works all day (ESPN.com)(10-21-2010)

jacostang 10/21/10 10:35 AM

The more I hear about him the ,less I like him.........

Moosetang 10/21/10 02:15 PM

What a prima-dona.

red pony 10/23/10 06:39 PM

NOT a fan!