The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Motorsports (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f772/)
-   -   NASCAR Winter Testing. (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f772/nascar-winter-testing-517521/)

Rather B.Blown 1/11/13 10:14 PM

NASCAR Winter Testing.

Another typical NASCAR season coming up. Watching the winter testing and Dale JR tried to draft and push Ambrose and caused a big crash.

Interviewing JR, he made sure to follow the NASCAR script, that he was fine pushing, drafting and running with the Chevrolets and Toyotas, but when he got with a Ford, all hell broke loose and wrecked everyone.

Must be those damned Fords. Need to put some sanctions on them, can't have anything other than a GM or Toyota out front.

Rather B.Blown 1/11/13 10:23 PM

Announcers : "One thing they've learned, stay away from those Fords"

Matt Kenseth in a Toyota, seems really weird. But he'll probably have much more success considering the accommodations NASCAR makes for anything without a blue oval on it, especially if its a Chevy or Toyota.

red pony 1/11/13 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown (Post 6528887)
Announcers : "One thing they've learned, stay away from those Fords"

Matt Kenseth in a Toyota, seems really weird. But he'll probably have much more success considering the accommodations NASCAR makes for anything without a blue oval on it, especially if its a Chevy or Toyota.

^This!

Rather B.Blown 1/11/13 10:37 PM

Announcers: Many of the others have gone home after trying to draft, the garage is empty. The only smart one in the garage? Turn the camera around (pans to the #48) old 5 time, Jimmie Johnson.

:rolleyes:

Rather B.Blown 1/11/13 10:50 PM

Standing by with the smartest, greatest guy in the garage, Chad Knaus.

Rather B.Blown 1/11/13 10:55 PM

They really should just change the name of the whole series from Sprint Cup. Call it the Chevrolet Spectacular Series, starring Jimmie Johnson. Hell might as well, he can be running 35th and they will still devote the majority of the airtime to talking about him, no matter how good the racing going on up front is, especially if its Fords in the mix.

Announcers just now : Here is the Nick Saban of NASCAR. Chad Knaus

Lets drool all over him, I thought the reporter was actually about to go down on him during the interview.

red pony 1/12/13 07:07 AM

I heard Knaus was gay from someone.... don't know if that is true or not.... but it wouldn't surprise me!

red pony 1/12/13 07:15 AM

Maybe that is the reason for 5 championships in a row!! ;)

skunk21 1/14/13 06:05 PM

I watched the testing and I agree really wierd looking at Matt with Gibbs. I really like the looks of the new fords and I recall some of them talking that the nose of the chevy wasn't matching well with the rear of the fusion.

I cannot wait for the season to get started although I would like some new announcers, they are stale and like stated I'm sick of "ole 5 time" and the hendrick do no wrong.

2 Go Snake 1/15/13 08:24 PM

Yea, it will be painfull to watch Kenseth driving a Toyota just as it is painfull to watch Mark Martin and Jeff Burton who were all made into superstars by Roush racing.

red pony 1/16/13 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake (Post 6531615)
Yea, it will be painfull to watch Kenseth driving a Toyota just as it is painfull to watch Mark Martin and Jeff Burton who were all made into superstars by Roush racing.

Traitors, all of them! Maybe it could have been a better paycheck or maybe the freedom of choice for such prima-donnas, ... whatever the case, I still don't see any of them getting a championship! They needed to stay put!

Zastava_101 1/16/13 09:10 AM

Mark ended being a big traitor ("I'm leaving Roush because I wanna drive part time and spend more time with my kid" ... and then, 2 years later, "I gonna drive full season for Chevy's top team Hendrick Motorsport" ...).

And I really don't care much for Jeff Burton since Carl Edwards got his big break when Burton left ... and Carl is a much better (and younger) driver ...