Motorsports All motorsports action here, regardless of manufacturer

The Chase Tracks

Search this Thread

Old 11/11/09, 07:49 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
The Chase Tracks

Was wondering last night (for no apparent reason) about the NASCAR Chase and how it could be improved from the standpoint of racing at different tracks. Anyone think that there should be at least 6 tracks that are new to the season, instead of doubling back to the same tracks? Of course an adjustment to the schedule would be in order, but what tracks would you like to see exclusive to the chase or what would your final twelve Chase tracks consist of? I think having different tracks in The Chase would enhance the final races. I get tired of the double races at certain tracks

I’d like to see . . .

Bristol (night race)
Road Atlanta or Road America
Talladega
Darlington
Milwaukee Mile
Las Vegas
Fontana
Richmond
New Hampshire
North Wilkesboro
Nazareth Speedway
Charlotte
Old 11/11/09, 08:04 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
Was wondering last night (for no apparent reason) about the NASCAR Chase and how it could be improved from the standpoint of racing at different tracks. Anyone think that there should be at least 6 tracks that are new to the season, instead of doubling back to the same tracks? Of course an adjustment to the schedule would be in order, but what tracks would you like to see exclusive to the chase or what would your final twelve Chase tracks consist of? I think having different tracks in The Chase would enhance the final races. I get tired of the double races at certain tracks

I’d like to see . . .

Bristol (night race)
Road Atlanta or Road America
Talladega
Darlington
Milwaukee Mile
Las Vegas
Fontana
Richmond
New Hampshire
North Wilkesboro
Nazareth Speedway
Charlotte

All look like great suggestions, with the exception of NH. Living in the North East I have been there quite a few times and it is a very boring track IMHO.

The track needs a huge makeover to improve both spectator comfort/amenities as well as the racing, they spend all day just running in a single file line. It should be enlarged to a 1.5 mile tri-oval and move the S/F line to the back of the property. This was proposed a while back but NASCAR pulled the second NH race limiting funds and making the tri-oval idea just that, an idea.

NASCAR really needs to do something, they are losing their edge. This whole "chase" idea was another attempt to bring in more viewers and create some excitement where it was being lost due to restricter plate racing and the same teams winning over and over.

Looking at the "Chase" races would be a good start, but as a whole NASCAR needs and Extreme Makeover. Maybe Ty Pennington and ABC can help???
Old 11/11/09, 08:17 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Yeah, NH was a "throw-in" track to capture some of the NE market. I would love two road course tracks in The Chase (for a total of 4) but that is a pipe-dream.
Old 11/11/09, 08:30 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
Yeah, NH was a "throw-in" track to capture some of the NE market.

And for that reason alone NHIS is guaranteed a race unless someone can build a better facility in the area.

Problem is that up here most people run to vote down a new race track without understanding the potential benefit & income it can bring if marketed and used to its full potential.
Old 11/11/09, 12:07 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree. They definitely should add more tracks. Tracks like Milwaukee Mile is always sold out for Nationwide and Truck races, and I'm sure it would be sold out for Sprint race. On the other side, tracks like Atlanta gets 2 races per year and it's always halfway empty.

I would like to see at least 1 road course in the case.