The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Motorsports (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f772/)
-   -   Carl Edwards wins! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f772/carl-edwards-wins-464477/)

crucut 2/26/08 05:47 AM

Carl Edwards wins!

:banana: :banana: #99 Baby!! Lets hear it for my namesake and the Roush/Fenway team!

codeman94 2/26/08 10:14 AM

yeah...after that last pit stop I though he may have been screwed...but he came back!

jacostang 2/26/08 10:46 AM

Just one word..

AWESOME!!!!

Mayito514 2/26/08 04:21 PM

Great Job Carl!
:nice::banana:

Zastava_101 2/26/08 08:39 PM

I'm glad Edwards won, but I'm also kinda disappointed since California is supposed to be Kenseth's track.

Roush is doing pretty good so far except for Jamie McMurray. It seems to me that he will be out by the end of the season unless Biffle decides to leave the team.

codeman94 2/27/08 10:24 AM

people forget that Jamie McMurray was one of those bush drviers that got put in a FAST racecar one day and one his first race....then hasnt done anything since...I think he's won like...2 cup races in his career...I think I remember him winning at daytona once..

Moosetang 2/27/08 10:56 AM

WTG Edwards! :banana::banana:Great to see some blue in the winner's circle.

Side note: second week in a row Travis Kvapil got screwed out of a good finish. At Daytona he was running very well then got caught in someone else's disaster, this week he was moving to the front Sunday night but couldn't get it hooked up Monday morning.

Zastava_101 2/27/08 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by codeman94 (Post 1118390)
people forget that Jamie McMurray was one of those bush drviers that got put in a FAST racecar one day and one his first race....then hasnt done anything since...I think he's won like...2 cup races in his career...I think I remember him winning at daytona once..

He won his 2nd NASCAR race and then he won Pepsi 400 at Daytona last year.

He used to be great with Chip Ganassi, but he's horrible since he came to Roush.

Roush must get rid of one driver by the end of the season because of NASCAR rules. Edward's contract is expiring, but he will probably re-sign. I'm not sure about Biffle (DEI wants him). So either Biffle or McMurray will be out by the end of season.

codeman94 2/27/08 12:44 PM

I say cut the new kid...

Zastava_101 2/27/08 12:49 PM

Ragan? Why? He's doing pretty good for 22 year old kid. Last year he finished 2nd in voting for rookie of the year in Nextel/Sprint and he was named rookie of the year in Busch/Nationwide.

crucut 2/27/08 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Red Star (Post 1118516)
Ragan? Why? He's doing pretty good for 22 year old kid. Last year he finished 2nd in voting for rookie of the year in Nextel/Sprint and he was named rookie of the year in Busch/Nationwide.

Ditto, and I hope Carl stays with the Roush Ford, anybody named Carl Edwards should be driving a Ford, (Uh, BTW my name is also Carl Edwards). Think if he does well this year he'll quit the Busch series? He pretty much ran away with that last year.

Zastava_101 2/27/08 04:43 PM

I don't even know why NASCAR allows for drivers to drive both Sprint and Nationwide.

Last year only 1 race (out of 35) was won by the driver who doesn't drive in Sprint series.

codeman94 2/27/08 05:34 PM

probably to put intrest in the series....if there were no names in the races, noone would care.....

Zastava_101 3/2/08 06:15 PM

Edwards Won Again !!!

Moosetang 3/2/08 09:41 PM

Gratz again to Edwards, every time he does a back-flip Stewart, Johnson, and Gordon cry themselves to sleep. Its a great feeling.

Fairly good chance the guy Roush cuts will end up in the long-awaited 3rd Yates....If Yates can get sponsors to notice them again. Ford doesn't want to lose anymore cars from the field, and Yates is their only other multi-car team.

crucut 3/3/08 02:46 AM

:raceflag: Wow, two in a row! Ya gotta love it! Hopefully this oil tank lid deal won't be a problem.

Zastava_101 3/3/08 04:41 PM

This guy must be Chevy guy

Tarnished victory?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?...yhoo&type=lgns

Moosetang 3/3/08 06:17 PM

I don't remember that kind of furor a couple of years ago when Johnson's team rigged a trick window....

V10 3/3/08 06:37 PM

And they let Richard Petty's 199th win stand even though he had a 400 CID motor.

Zastava_101 3/3/08 06:43 PM

Chad Knaus was suspended for the past 2 years because of cheating.

I don't hear anyone complaining about Johnson's championships.