The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Motorsports (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f772/)
-   -   Carl Edwards leaving Roush and Ford? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f772/carl-edwards-leaving-roush-ford-496583/)

2k7gtcs 8/7/11 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Red Star (Post 6117733)
The kid is overrated anyways.

This! Along with a lot of others on the track every Sunday.

Zastava_101 9/1/11 03:45 PM

Fastenal Steps up to be primary sponsor for Edwards: Fastenal announced that it has signed a multiyear agreement with Roush Fenway Racing to become a primary sponsor of Carl Edwards' #99 Ford in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Fastenal will be the primary on Edwards' #99 for 17 Cup Series races in 2012, starting at Daytona International Speedway. The company will also sponsor two additional Roush Fenway entries in a yet to be determined 2012 Sprint Cup Series race, putting three Fastenal-branded Fords on the track during a single event. "I've appreciated the long relationship that I've had with Fastenal," said Edwards. "I'm proud that they believe so strongly in our team and program that they are making the commitment to sponsor us in the Sprint Cup Series. My partnership with Fastenal started in 1999 at my local dirt track. I would have never imagined that we would be going to the 2012 Daytona 500 together. They have always treated me with the same respect that they treat their customers and I am proud to represent them."
"It's hard to imagine a better driver, or a better spokesperson for our company, than Carl Edwards," said Cory Jansen, Fastenal's Executive Vice President, Operations. "He's become a true member of the Fastenal 'blue team,' and we can't wait to see him make a run for the championship in the #99 Fastenal Ford."
For Fastenal, the road to this marquee sponsorship began back in 2006 when the company began sponsoring a team in NASCAR's Truck Series. Fastenal moved to the Nationwide Series two years later. But through it all, a Fastenal-sponsored car had never won a NASCAR race until its partnership with Roush Fenway and Edwards began in 2010. Edwards and Fastenal have teamed up to go to NASCAR victory lane five times in the #60 Fastenal Ford Mustang, including four times this season. "Because of the phenomenal season Carl is having, we've probably had more brand exposure this year than we've had in the previous five years combined," added Jansen. "We're looking forward to taking another huge step forward next season by presenting our brand to the tens of millions of fans who follow the Cup Series."(Roush Fenway Racing)(9-1-2011)

jacostang 9/1/11 08:17 PM

Great News!!!

Zastava_101 9/4/11 02:00 AM

UPS to cut back NASCAR sponsorship UPDATE: UPS plans to cut back dramatically on its support of Roush Fenway Racing's #6 Ford driven by David Ragan in 2012, SportsBusiness Daily reported. Sources familiar with the company's plan said it will drop its full-season primary sponsorship of the #6 car and sponsor 4-8 races at RFR in '12. The company is in talks to shift its sponsorship to Carl Edwards, who drives the team's #99 Ford. RFR president Steve Newmark declined to comment and said the team is still in discussions with UPS. The company did not return a call seeking comment. The move will further reduce the number of sponsors paying for their logo to appear in all 36 NASCAR races. UPS was one of seven sponsors slated to be on the same NASCAR hood for all 36 Sprint Cup races. The other full-season primary sponsors are #11-FedEx [34 races, Sports Clips at Darlington, Charter Comm at Atlanta], #20-Home Depot, #48-Lowe's, #27-Menard's, #2-Miller Lite and #56-NAPA Auto Parts. (Red Bull and Furniture Row own the teams that feature their logos.) Though UPS won't renew its full-season primary sponsorship at RFR, sources said the company is expected to renew its official partnership with NASCAR. It has been the sport's official delivery company since 2000.(Sporting News/SportsBusiness Journal)(9-2-2011)
UPDATE: If UPS is in talks to become part of Carl Edwards' sponsorship program next year, the driver of the #99 Ford hasn't been part of the discussions yet. Edwards was aware of Friday's Sports Business Daily story that indicated UPS, which currently sponsors David Ragan in the #6 Roush Fenway Racing Ford, would reduce its commitment significantly next year and is talking with RFR brass about sponsoring Edwards for four to eight races. "I read it, too, and I don't know anything other than what it said," Edwards told Sporting News on Saturday at Atlanta Motor Speedway, when asked about the report. "I still don't know that it's anything more than a rumor. Nobody's come to me and said, 'Hey, here's what's happening; here's what's going on.' I wish I knew."(in ppart from the Sporting News)(9-3-2011)