The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Motorsports (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f772/)
-   -   2nd race and Nascar ignores the Biff! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f772/2nd-race-nascar-ignores-biff-505978/)

red pony 3/4/12 04:39 PM

2nd race and Nascar ignores the Biff!

How is it that Nascar allows Tony balogney who finishes 22nd to talk when Greg Biffle finishes 3rd and gets no interview?! No wonder Ford has trouble getting and keeping sponsers! Where I was there was no sound, so I don' t understand why that happened. That will teach me to watch a race from a crouded bar!

Zastava_101 3/4/12 05:42 PM

Typical story, Kenseth and Biffle are the most underrated drivers in the NASCAR.

07S197 3/4/12 06:14 PM

They interviewed Tony because he had issues with his fuel injection system that caused him to go down 2 laps with 70 or so to go. He had been up with the front runners, when a caution came out he shut the car off to save fuel and coast. He couldn't get it restarted, I would imagine that with it being only the second race using fuel injection that is why they wanted to cover that.

Shelby08 3/4/12 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by 07S197 (Post 6272048)
They interviewed Tony because he had issues with his fuel injection system that caused him to go down 2 laps with 70 or so to go. He had been up with the front runners, when a caution came out he shut the car off to save fuel and coast. He couldn't get it restarted, I would imagine that with it being only the second race using fuel injection that is why they wanted to cover that.

On Topic: Tony is a bit overrated honestly....but I can understand why they would interview him with the new system...but why WOULDN'T they interview the guy that got 3rd the last two races?!?!?

Off Topic: why'd they switch to EFI????

07S197 3/4/12 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Shelby08 (Post 6272077)
On Topic: Tony is a bit overrated honestly....but I can understand why they would interview him with the new system...but why WOULDN'T they interview the guy that got 3rd the last two races?!?!?

IDK why they didn't interview Biffle, but I think people are reading too much into it.

Not sure...

11SHELBYGT500 3/4/12 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Shelby08

why not?

Shelby08 3/4/12 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 (Post 6272095)
why not?

why fix something that's not broken?

11SHELBYGT500 3/4/12 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Shelby08

why fix something that's not broken?

True but it probably should of been done a long time ago.

Moosetang 3/5/12 03:53 AM

They switched to EFI because the brands were threatening to leave if NASCAR stuck with carbs. And, much like the move to E15 unleaded, it was the right thing to do.

Biff's second 3rd in a row is great news, to heck with FOX for stiffing him on the interview.

AlsCobra 3/5/12 04:22 AM

So I don't subscribe to NASCAR at all but I'm curious about this EFI swap. How is NASCAR gonna regulate the EFI systems on these cars? I understand the restrictor plates but I'm guessing that there is an EFI control module on them now. Complete with programs and settings. Or chips. Just don't see how they can regulate the EFI system on each individual car and keep the playing field pretty much equal.(pretty much why I don't like NASCAR anyways).

Evil_Capri 3/5/12 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by AlsCobra (Post 6272330)
So I don't subscribe to NASCAR at all but I'm curious about this EFI swap. How is NASCAR gonna regulate the EFI systems on these cars? I understand the restrictor plates but I'm guessing that there is an EFI control module on them now. Complete with programs and settings. Or chips. Just don't see how they can regulate the EFI system on each individual car and keep the playing field pretty much equal.(pretty much why I don't like NASCAR anyways).

http://www.nascar.com/news/110211/na...ion/index.html

The ECUs are tamper-proof, ensuring that only approved software may ever be run during a race weekend. Additionally, NASCAR will have special electronic tools at its disposal during every event to ensure the legality of all ECUs.

Evil_Capri 3/5/12 04:32 AM

Tony is a bit overrated honestly....

Due tell . . .

If a Triple Crown Champion, IRL Champion, and 3-Time NASCAR Winston/Sprint Cup Champion is overrated please feel free to offer what he needs to accomplish not to be considered overrated.

AlsCobra 3/5/12 04:43 AM

Yeah but that doesn't make a lot of sense. No two engines are gonna operate exactly the same with the same program. Too much variation in engine builds just minor differences will make lots of difference. So now an engine is gonna have to be mechanically tweaked to operate correctly with an approved program. Don't see how this is gonna work. You might as well let NASCAR build all the same cars and the teams can just put stickers on them before every race. I don't see this EFI switch working without a really big fight and a whole lot of problems.

Evil_Capri 3/5/12 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by AlsCobra (Post 6272337)
Yeah but that doesn't make a lot of sense. No two engines are gonna operate exactly the same with the same program. Too much variation in engine builds just minor differences will make lots of difference. So now an engine is gonna have to be mechanically tweaked to operate correctly with an approved program. Don't see how this is gonna work. You might as well let NASCAR build all the same cars and the teams can just put stickers on them before every race. I don't see this EFI switch working without a really big fight and a whole lot of problems.

What?

No two engines operate the same regardless of a Carb or EFI. They all need mechanical tweaking to some varying degree. And to your point about stickers if you think EFI will lead to "big fights" then the "new" 2013 bodies should throw everyone into a frenzy . . .

AlsCobra 3/5/12 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri

What?

No two engines operate the same regardless of a Carb or EFI. They all need mechanical tweaking to some varying degree. And to your point about stickers if you think EFI will lead to "big fights" then the "new" 2013 bodies should throw everyone into a frenzy . . .

And then the teams will be DQ'd for the tweaks. This is why I hate NASCAR. Should be way less regulations. NASCAR to me is not much more than a fast paced beauty contest. "Who's your favorite driver?" Not who's got the baddest car on the track. One step away from professional wrestling. IMO. I miss the days of Schumacher dominating F1 for years and everyone else playing catch up. That was racing. Screw NASCAR! With all due respect. :D

Evil_Capri 3/5/12 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by AlsCobra (Post 6272341)
And then the teams will be DQ'd for the tweaks. This is why I hate NASCAR. Should be way less regulations. NASCAR to me is not much more than a fast paced beauty contest. "Who's your favorite driver?" Not who's got the baddest car on the track. One step away from professional wrestling. IMO. I miss the days of Schumacher dominating F1 for years and everyone else playing catch up. That was racing. Screw NASCAR! With all due respect. :D

No disrespect taken from me. I agree with many of your assertions. I've always been a 'car guy' more than a 'driver fan,' but understand the differing levels of fan involvement.

AlsCobra 3/5/12 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri

No disrespect taken from me. I agree with many of your assertions. I've always been a 'car guy' more than a 'driver fan,' but understand the differing levels of fan involvement.

I guess man. Just to see the NASCAR of today from where NASCAR started is a shame. I know a lot of people who go to NASCAR races and don't give a crap about the cars. I guess that's what puts money in the sponsors pockets though. I will continue to despise NASCAR but really want to see the fallout from the EFI switch.

Zastava_101 3/5/12 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri (Post 6272334)
Due tell . . .

If a Triple Crown Champion, IRL Champion, and 3-Time NASCAR Winston/Sprint Cup Champion is overrated please feel free to offer what he needs to accomplish not to be considered overrated.

He's still a jerk. He's one of those drivers that always puts the blame on somebody else when things are not going good for him. I just wish for once he would say "It was my fault".

Evil_Capri 3/5/12 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Synyster_Vengeance (Post 6272527)
He's still a jerk. He's one of those drivers that always puts the blame on somebody else when things are not going good for him. I just wish for once he would say "It was my fault".

Overrated vs. 'Being a Jerk' is a different conversation.

cdynaco 3/5/12 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by AlsCobra (Post 6272341)
NASCAR to me is not much more than a fast paced beauty contest. "Who's your favorite driver?" Not who's got the baddest car on the track. One step away from professional wrestling. IMO.

:yup:

And using wrecks as a strategy to win is stupid. When I want to watch racing, I want to watch racing. Not start/stop/clean the track, start/stop/clean the track... :bad: