Notices
'10-14 Shelby Mustangs

Intake Resonator

Search this Thread

Old 4/4/12, 07:24 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intake Resonator

So I've questioned why our GT500's supercharger seems quieter then my previous Lightning's Eaton. I could hear it slightly under load but not what we were familiar with.
I lurked around reading and searching and found that Ford had to put a Resonator to keep the noise down. FRPP offers a delete tube for $59 and the FedEx dude dropped one at the door today.

It doesn't scream but you can hear it now for sure.
Old 4/4/12, 09:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Thats pretty cool, cheap mod. Just saw you were on here Rick.. Its Garlen (boought the lightning from you a while back). How have you been, last I saw you had a SRT charger i think? What color is your Gt500? Cant tell if its silver or white in the pics
Old 4/4/12, 09:11 PM
BB3
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, I'm right there with you Rick. To me, it makes a perfect combination of Supercharger & Exhaust Noises.--------Bill
Attached Thumbnails Intake Resonator-image-468869194.jpg  
Old 4/5/12, 04:32 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 96lasersnake
Thats pretty cool, cheap mod. Just saw you were on here Rick.. Its Garlen (boought the lightning from you a while back). How have you been, last I saw you had a SRT charger i think? What color is your Gt500? Cant tell if its silver or white in the pics
I had the Charger for under 3 years, was a nice comfortable driver. We just drove it and kept gas in the tank. Never took it to the strip, did add a Mopar CAI and a Corsa Catback. Replaced it with a GMC Crewcab Sierra and still have it. Now a 2nd kid (18mo), built a bigger house and finally something fun in the garage again. Not really planning on doing much with it. Just drive it, we had been planning on a Boss 302 for past year+ and when it came down to buying time I noticed a lot of 2012 GT500's still around at dealers (50+ in TX) and some were dealing. Spent some time searching inventory all around the state, I didn't want stripes, wanted SVTP package & Recaros. Found a few in Houston optioned like this for $48,400-$48,600 in Silver but ended up close by in Marble Falls with a White one that also had the Elec/Nav package for $50,500. (exact same car in Red is at Mac Hack for $71k with their BS $13k ADM, also they have reg Boss 302s for $50k LMAO) So I'm $10k over our original plan of the Boss but bumped out the payments an extra year, I'm 106hp/130tq up over what we expected and doubt much for mods in the near future. Just keeping it clean and gas in the tank.

Originally Posted by BB3
Yep, I'm right there with you Rick. To me, it makes a perfect combination of Supercharger & Exhaust Noises.--------Bill
I still can't get over how great it the exhaust sounds stock, it's as good as some previous vehicles I've had with aftermarket cat-backs.

Last edited by AustinSVT; 4/5/12 at 04:34 AM.
Old 4/5/12, 09:49 AM
MJN
GT Member

Looks good austunsvt. I ordered the jlt intake the one with no tune needed just the tube so I could get bit more sound out of it also.
Old 4/5/12, 01:38 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
There are still several '12 Shelbys on lots here in San Antonio, all of them over $55k. While I was dealer searching for a '13, I had several try and pawn one off on me. I hate nothing more than a dealership trying to sell me something I don't want. Needless to say I am not working with any of them on my '13 GT500, and it's no surprise the '12s are still sitting there, burning up in the increasing Texas heat.
Old 4/5/12, 03:15 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
There are still several '12 Shelbys on lots here in San Antonio, all of them over $55k. While I was dealer searching for a '13, I had several try and pawn one off on me. I hate nothing more than a dealership trying to sell me something I don't want. Needless to say I am not working with any of them on my '13 GT500, and it's no surprise the '12s are still sitting there, burning up in the increasing Texas heat.
That's not cool, i had the same problems when i was looking for a boss ended up driving to Dallas. Will be getting a 13' GT500 and selling the boss when i get back from deployment.
Old 4/5/12, 03:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Thats awesome Rick, one of my buddies just picked up a white one just like yours (SVTPP, nav, recaros) in dallas are for $49k. Love white on those cars. I bought a boss late last year. I am liking it, but dont drive it too much (like 800 miles on it so far). Good to hear from you.
Old 4/5/12, 03:31 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by D1ck_Cheneyx

That's not cool, i had the same problems when i was looking for a boss ended up driving to Dallas. Will be getting a 13' GT500 and selling the boss when i get back from deployment.
Where you from?
Old 4/5/12, 05:12 PM
BB3
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AustinSVT
I had the Charger for under 3 years, was a nice comfortable driver. We just drove it and kept gas in the tank. Never took it to the strip, did add a Mopar CAI and a Corsa Catback. Replaced it with a GMC Crewcab Sierra and still have it. Now a 2nd kid (18mo), built a bigger house and finally something fun in the garage again. Not really planning on doing much with it. Just drive it, we had been planning on a Boss 302 for past year+ and when it came down to buying time I noticed a lot of 2012 GT500's still around at dealers (50+ in TX) and some were dealing. Spent some time searching inventory all around the state, I didn't want stripes, wanted SVTP package & Recaros. Found a few in Houston optioned like this for $48,400-$48,600 in Silver but ended up close by in Marble Falls with a White one that also had the Elec/Nav package for $50,500. (exact same car in Red is at Mac Hack for $71k with their BS $13k ADM, also they have reg Boss 302s for $50k LMAO) So I'm $10k over our original plan of the Boss but bumped out the payments an extra year, I'm 106hp/130tq up over what we expected and doubt much for mods in the near future. Just keeping it clean and gas in the tank.

I still can't get over how great it the exhaust sounds stock, it's as good as some previous vehicles I've had with aftermarket cat-backs.
I hear you Rick. Personally, I think the SVT guys took great care in making sure that the Supercharger whine doesn't overwhelm the Exhaust sound and vice versa. Like I said earlier, I feel it's the perfect combination, to each his own of course, but this setup is simply music to my ears........and phenomenal music at that.

Take care of yourself Rick and enjoy the heck out of your Shelby.------Bill
Old 4/5/12, 05:23 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 96lasersnake
Thats awesome Rick, one of my buddies just picked up a white one just like yours (SVTPP, nav, recaros) in dallas are for $49k. Love white on those cars. I bought a boss late last year. I am liking it, but dont drive it too much (like 800 miles on it so far). Good to hear from you.
I passed on 2 White ones in the DFW area before going to Marble Falls, both at $49,900 but after running carfaxes (yes even on new cars) I saw they had been sitting for a while, one dealer had no show room so it was out side for over 9 months and possibly subjected to hail they had in that area last year. The other GT500 was bounced around between 3 dealers so that seemed weird not to mention a few too many times unloaded and loaded (scraped air dam?). Another concern was the tires, the SVTPP exclusive GoodYear Eagle F1 Supercar G:2 R-Compound tires are not supposed to be driven in 40 degrees or lower and can not be stored in 20 degrees or lower due to soft compound and splitting/shredding. (label in door jam and additional info in Supplement owners manual). No telling if these just sat outside during the few colder nights or not.

I didn't want to go up there after finding that out and I was pleased to pay the extra $501 knowing it had been indoors the whole time at the dealer we got it from.
Old 4/6/12, 12:43 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by texastboneking
Where you from?
Mansfield

Originally Posted by AustinSVT
I passed on 2 White ones in the DFW area before going to Marble Falls, both at $49,900 but after running carfaxes (yes even on new cars) I saw they had been sitting for a while, one dealer had no show room so it was out side for over 9 months and possibly subjected to hail they had in that area last year. The other GT500 was bounced around between 3 dealers so that seemed weird not to mention a few too many times unloaded and loaded (scraped air dam?). Another concern was the tires, the SVTPP exclusive GoodYear Eagle F1 Supercar G:2 R-Compound tires are not supposed to be driven in 40 degrees or lower and can not be stored in 20 degrees or lower due to soft compound and splitting/shredding. (label in door jam and additional info in Supplement owners manual). No telling if these just sat outside during the few colder nights or not.

I didn't want to go up there after finding that out and I was pleased to pay the extra $501 knowing it had been indoors the whole time at the dealer we got it from.
Good DD on your part !

Last edited by D1ck_Cheneyx; 4/6/12 at 12:55 AM.
Old 4/6/12, 06:29 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Mansfield

Good DD on your part !
Not far! You aught to bring it out to the car shows on Saturday!
Old 4/6/12, 07:16 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by texastboneking
Not far! You aught to bring it out to the car shows on Saturday!
Wish i could but i am in afghanistan until late summer, missing alot of good stuff this summer.

The minute i get back...
Old 4/6/12, 07:51 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Wish i could but i am in afghanistan until late summer, missing alot of good stuff this summer.

The minute i get back...
Ahhh ok. Well be safe!