Notices
'10-14 Shelby Mustangs

Here come the ADM's on the 2013 GT500

Search this Thread

Old 11/21/11, 11:45 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If every SVT dealer gets one GT500 how does Ford decide what dealers get their's first? In other words, if you have the allocation spot for the first GT500 at a small dealer, is that just as good a position as being the first in line at another dealer who gets 7 or more? Will the larger dealer get their first GT500 before a small dealer is basically what I'm asking?
Old 11/21/11, 05:48 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Randy M
If every SVT dealer gets one GT500 how does Ford decide what dealers get their's first? In other words, if you have the allocation spot for the first GT500 at a small dealer, is that just as good a position as being the first in line at another dealer who gets 7 or more? Will the larger dealer get their first GT500 before a small dealer is basically what I'm asking?

Absolutely the big dealer will get a car before the small dealer.
Old 11/21/11, 07:31 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
For Ford dealers to qualify the must sell Ford's full lineup. Priority allocations depend on sales volume.
Old 11/22/11, 09:59 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No markup with me!!

I haven't marked these up in years!! I still don't understand dealers who do!! Heck, a local dealer tried for months to get $10K over on a Boss LS. They never got it.

For the 2013, I will offer them at MSRP. I should get 2 cars I think. I got offered 2 last year and didn't take either of them (had no buyers for them). I think I have my 1st GT500 sold to a prior customer (he expressed interest when I told him how much power it has). But for anymore I may get, MSRP is the most I would charge. I "may" (note the emphasis on the word may) be able to discount it a small bit.
Old 11/22/11, 12:27 PM
Bullitt Member

nope

Originally Posted by Whammer
that's just not correct.
Old 11/22/11, 02:47 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by fuhrius
that's just not correct.
So what's the answer...
Old 11/22/11, 03:01 PM
Bullitt Member

it's complicated. to explain the myriad permutations of possibilities with the Ford ordering / allocation system - along with all the qualitative (who gets along best with who, etc) stuff is too much to explain here. suffice to say, it's not as cut-and-dry as most people would suggest. retail order vs. stock, geography, option availability, whims of people and nature all play into it.
Old 11/22/11, 03:36 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by fuhrius
it's complicated. to explain the myriad permutations of possibilities with the Ford ordering / allocation system - along with all the qualitative (who gets along best with who, etc) stuff is too much to explain here. suffice to say, it's not as cut-and-dry as most people would suggest. retail order vs. stock, geography, option availability, whims of people and nature all play into it.
^^^That^^^ is really annoying, and a deterrent for someone like me who just wants to order a car. Not sure if all the hassle is worth it. ADM's, allocation, share of nation crap, SVT dealer fees that get passed onto the buyer, paying Shelby for his name on the car when he had nothing to do with it...all of it is crap. These are Mustangs, not Ferraris.

I may just order a Challenger SRT8 because of it all. You just go in and fill out an order sheet, and you can typically get it for invoice or maybe even dig into the holdback a little bit. 10-12 weeks later you take delivery. No BS...

470 hp/tq is plenty. Yeah the Chally is heavy but it's also gorgeous, big motor, great tranny, elec Bilsteins, great looking 5 spoke forged wheels, interior is just as nice, has more space and costs far less. Most likely would get into trouble with the GT500 too. The SRT8 could be a better car for the street.

The question is, would I miss the power/sc whine and handling on the street where the levels of performance is limited? They're both equally good looking in my mind. I know my account would miss the extra $15K or so...
Old 11/22/11, 04:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Whammer
So what's the answer...

Its definitely not true. We got our Boss back in March. It was the 1st one in the state and we are a small dealer. The day it came in, I did a locate and no one had one within 300 dealers of us, no one!!! Not a true statement anymore
Old 11/22/11, 04:22 PM
GT Member

^^^That^^^ is really annoying, and a deterrent for someone like me who just wants to order a car. Not sure if all the hassle is worth it. ADM's, allocation, share of nation crap, SVT dealer fees that get passed onto the buyer, paying Shelby for his name on the car when he had nothing to do with it...all of it is crap. These are Mustangs, not Ferraris.

I may just order a Challenger SRT8 because of it all. You just go in and fill out an order sheet, and you can typically get it for invoice or maybe even dig into the holdback a little bit. 10-12 weeks later you take delivery. No BS...
There is a reason you can just walk in and buy one, they are just not in the same demand as the new GT500 will be. You can do the same thing with a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry (maybe even a 2012 GT500 soon), the Challenger is a nice car but just not in the same league as the '13 GT500. If you have time to wait, things will cool off like they have with the Boss and cars will be readily available. If you have too be the 1st to have one, be prepared to pay, demand will dictate price.
Old 11/22/11, 04:29 PM
Bullitt Member

the choice is yours

470 hp/tq is plenty. Yeah the Chally is heavy but it's also gorgeous, big motor, great tranny, elec Bilsteins, great looking 5 spoke forged wheels, interior is just as nice, has more space and costs far less. Most likely would get into trouble with the GT500 too. The SRT8 could be a better car for the street.

The question is, would I miss the power/sc whine and handling on the street where the levels of performance is limited? They're both equally good looking in my mind. I know my account would miss the extra $15K or so...
you don't have to know anything about the ordering / allocation system / share of nation...nothing...you just make a deal with your dealer...they handle the rest. they'll know whether they can commit to getting you one or not....so don't worry about the allocation stuff.

regarding pricing - supply and demand. if you want a commodity car...one that dealers will sell below invoice, there are plenty of them out there. if part of the satisfaction someone gains from buying a car is tied to what their price is relative to invoice, or MSRP, or whatever...then you'll be happier looking for a car where supply exceeds demand...and that's unlikely to be the 13 gt500.

as I've said to gazzilions of other folks looking for these rare mustangs, or servicing them...try some old-fashioned wisdom: build a relationship with your local dealer - the one that employs people near where you live and contributes gobs of the sales taxes generated in your area. I bet you'll find that your angst around allocations and pricing will be significantly diminished. If you price shop them, raise hell with their employees, and only try to buy the best / most limited products they offer, your strategy will certainly lead to disappointment. (and recognize, that I'm not saying that 'you' do that...but have a read through the boards and you'll see plenty of examples of what I'm talking about)

Last edited by fuhrius; 11/22/11 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11/22/11, 09:41 PM
GT Member

Yeah I'm just venting. It's a process I'm sure all of us could do without.
Old 11/22/11, 09:46 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Yeah I'm just venting. It's a process I'm sure all of us could do without.
Randy, odds are I'll be able to get you the car you want at a very fair price and I'm only a 2.5 hour drive from you. As I said in my last PM to you, I'll let you know pricing and availability where I work as soon as the order banks open. We got 4 GT500's & 3 Boss 302's for 2012 (all are sold). We sold all of those GT500's for less than MSRP and the Bosses all went for MSRP (even the Laguna Seca). I suspect 2013 will be a similar story. Hang in there, be patient, and start counting down until the order banks open in 3 weeks.
Old 11/23/11, 12:02 AM
GT Member

Thanks for the note Brian.

I should stay off this site for a while, it drives me nuts...
Old 11/23/11, 12:19 AM
Cobra Member

Jeez of home some of those under MSRP or just MSRP deals make there way to Tejas
Old 11/23/11, 12:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Its definitely not true. We got our Boss back in March. It was the 1st one in the state and we are a small dealer. The day it came in, I did a locate and no one had one within 300 dealers of us, no one!!! Not a true statement anymore
When did you get yours? I bought mine 3/16 in MD and was the first if nor second delivery in the US
Old 11/23/11, 10:55 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks for the note Brian.

I should stay off this site for a while, it drives me nuts...
Stay on the site, just don't let people get you worked up with horror stories about allocations, ADM's, etc.
Old 11/23/11, 11:00 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 12C/OBoss
When did you get yours? I bought mine 3/16 in MD and was the first if nor second delivery in the US
It came in late March. It was the only one in PA and NJ I can tell you that, according to the locator.
Old 11/23/11, 06:09 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You have to be a smuck to pay on top of sticker!!! The dealers are crazy..Well some people are crazy. They have to be the first on the block.I like to be the first but not a sucker.You saw in the past the King of the Road edition people paying top dollar and now they probably cant even get rid of them.Most of the dealers were 30-50K higher than sticker and some of these dealers got stuck with them.Ford came out with the 2010 shelby and it was a better car than the KR. I feel bad for those people that bought the KR.A dealer locally has a LS Boss for 78K.I told him look on ebay and youll find 20 plus of these for sticker price or slightly over..Dont be a fool and waste your money
Old 11/23/11, 07:00 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by WuTimeUT
Jeez of home some of those under MSRP or just MSRP deals make there way to Tejas
I see your in Dallas, the 23yrs I lived up there I think I had maybe 3 good dealer experiences. In my experience the dealers here in Houston are much more customer friendly.

Quick Reply: Here come the ADM's on the 2013 GT500