The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   '10-14 Special Editions and Aftermarket Mustangs (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f765/)
-   -   2011 GT/CS at NAIAS (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f765/2011-gt-cs-naias-479710/)

TMSBrad 1/11/10 09:18 AM

2011 GT/CS at NAIAS

The 2011 California Special had an unceremonious debut here in Detroit.

AGBULLIT 1/11/10 09:21 AM

The 2011 California Special looks awesome!!!

thomasstang09 1/11/10 09:24 AM

I know I'm in the minority on this but the GT/CS looks TONS better than its GT counterpart with the fogs in the bumper. :banana:

Red Jay 1/11/10 09:26 AM

omg thats a huge leap over the standard GT!!!!!! that front end is sick!!!!!!!

BlueBossS197 1/11/10 10:34 AM

gay spoiler though

Overboost 1/11/10 10:34 AM

Interior shots? I definitely want to see what changes they make in there as well. Love the new front/rear bumpers, don't like the wheels though.

stangfoeva 1/11/10 10:43 AM

It looks OK to me....I think I'm still going to go for the standard GT and add a Steeda front fascia. I kinda like these wheels though

How come they never put the tribar pony in the middle? :dunno:

05fordgt 1/11/10 11:17 AM

I LOVE IT!!! Though I thought maybe, just maybe, they would have made the lower black plastic on the rear bumper lower and below the license plate indent. Not bad at all. The front is great, but the rear wing HAS TO GO!!!

I'm hoping, once I have the order guide, that code 13D Spoiler Delete will be available again on the GT/CS package. :nice:

SVTJayC 1/11/10 11:18 AM

why?

KatarHol 1/11/10 11:20 AM

Wooo,I love this!

Five Oh Brian 1/11/10 11:23 AM

The '11 GT/CS is just plain ugggggggggggly, IMO. Terrible wheels, gawdy rear valance/diffuser, dorky pedestal rear spoiler, etc. The front bumper cover looks good, but I don't like the grill or the tiny foglights (looks like foglights you could buy at PepBoys).

I'm inclined to order zero of these for our store, and only special order them upon customer request.

Overboost 1/11/10 11:23 AM

Rear is just the GT500 rear bumper, correct? IMO, that should be the standard on all GT's regardless of trim.

yeahyouknwit 1/11/10 11:24 AM

Is it me or does it look like the back seats are red in the first pic? Could be the lighting tho...

Twin Turbo 1/11/10 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt (Post 5796210)
I LOVE IT!!! Though I thought maybe, just maybe, they would have made the lower black plastic on the rear bumper lower and below the license plate indent. Not bad at all. The front is great, but the rear wing HAS TO GO!!!

I'm hoping, once I have the order guide, that code 13D Spoiler Delete will be available again on the GT/CS package. :nice:

TT is very happy - they've finally used that front facia :cool:

Couldn't have put it better myself, 04fordgt. I think we've got the worst angle for that pedestal spoiler, so I'll reserve final judgment. I'd take if off and put on the one from the SEMA Hurst GT anyway!

SVTJayC 1/11/10 11:30 AM

I don't get it. You'll trash guys as "ricers" who put blingy wheels, fake scoops, spoilers and stickers on their cars...but you'll buy that exact same thing from the factory? Odd. I do like the wheels though, hopefully they will be available on the regular GT, sans scoops, spoilers and stickers.

trick25 1/11/10 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by SVTJayC (Post 5796221)
I don't get it. You'll trash guys as "ricers" who put blingy wheels, fake scoops, spoilers and stickers on their cars...but you'll buy that exact same thing from the factory? Odd. I do like the wheels though, hopefully they will be available on the regular GT, sans scoops, spoilers and stickers.

im with you. im a fan on the cleaner look. like the other day i visiting the dodge dealership. challengers never appealed to me cause of the guady in your face look of the srt8. then i saw a grey r/t six speed manual. it wasnt optioned out but it called to me in a subtle way cause it was clean.

05fordgt 1/11/10 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian (Post 5796215)
The '11 GT/CS is just plain ugggggggggggly, IMO. Terrible wheels, gawdy rear valance/diffuser, dorky pedestal rear spoiler, etc. The front bumper cover looks good, but I don't like the grill or the tiny foglights (looks like foglights you could buy at PepBoys).

I'm inclined to order zero of these for our store, and only special order them upon customer request.

Brian, like Overboost said, the rear is the GT500 lower valance, the fogs are similar to the ones that Shelby uses in the GT/CS conversions on the lower grill (not the same, but similar size), and the wheels look good. Yeah, I hate the pedestal spoiler, but lets all hope 13D is a box we can check in the order guide. All in all, it looks good.

yugoboss 1/11/10 12:31 PM

Very Nice, but the wing needs to be a touch smaller in my opinion. Love the front and side stripe.

RedCandy5.0 1/11/10 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian (Post 5796215)

I agree with you 100% on everything.

bpmurr 1/11/10 01:02 PM

Front is awesome, real spoiler is blah. They are using the GT500 lower valance again like they did on the previous GT/CS. It needs HID with those style lower fogs.