Shelby Mustangs 2006-2009 Shelbys

07 shelby gt 500

Search this Thread

Old 9/19/12, 08:42 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 shelby gt 500

Hello guys, ive been a member on this forum for awhile, but took a little break because i was stangless at the time! Im buying a 07 shelby gt500 in the morning and would like to get some input on some shelby owners out there! One question im trying to find is does the cobras have the my color dash lights?
Old 9/20/12, 09:50 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by sampey43
Hello guys, ive been a member on this forum for awhile, but took a little break because i was stangless at the time! Im buying a 07 shelby gt500 in the morning and would like to get some input on some shelby owners out there! One question im trying to find is does the cobras have the my color dash lights?
Cobras never came with MyColor - Shelby GT500s on the otherhand certainly did and were fitted with a Shelby only option that allows the gauges to display red (left) white (center) blue (right)
Old 9/21/12, 09:59 AM
Cobra Member

Thanks for the info, i have a bad habit of calling the gt500 cobras, and not being exact with my details! I picked up my 500 yesterday and enjoy it! I will post pics soon! Ive had a problem with the clutch making a hissing noise tho and it concerns me! I started a thread about it so if anybody can help me with answers i would greatly appreciate it
Old 9/21/12, 11:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Is that red, white, blue thing true? Man how did I miss that for all these years?
Old 9/21/12, 07:59 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Is that red, white, blue thing true? Man how did I miss that for all these years?
Incoming crappy pic....... the center guages are punk due to needles, Its been awhile since I set my guages up but I think you cycle through MyColor until it says RWB

Old 9/21/12, 08:05 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by sampey43
Ive had a problem with the clutch making a hissing noise tho and it concerns me! I started a thread about it so if anybody can help me with answers i would greatly appreciate it
Hissing is normal for the stock clutch - if you want it to live a relatively long happy life be sure and depress the pedal completely and dont slip it, just get used to letting the clutch out and go (easy enough given the TQ & HP the car has)

Slipping the factory clutch has a pronounced effect on its life, moreso than a standard clutch in say the GT Mustang. Also if your hard headed like me and only slightly depress the clutch as your driving it tends to wear the tranmission side disc faster.

And if you end up having to replace the clutch in short order, I highly reccomend the McLeod RXT, I've nothing but good things to say about this clutch and flywheel combo.
Old 9/21/12, 08:09 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bob
Incoming crappy pic....... the center guages are punk due to needles, Its been awhile since I set my guages up but I think you cycle through MyColor until it says RWB

That is just... sweet
Old 9/22/12, 03:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by bob

Cool beans I never knew that, thanks.
Old 9/26/12, 06:21 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by bob

Hissing is normal for the stock clutch - if you want it to live a relatively long happy life be sure and depress the pedal completely and dont slip it, just get used to letting the clutch out and go (easy enough given the TQ & HP the car has)

Slipping the factory clutch has a pronounced effect on its life, moreso than a standard clutch in say the GT Mustang. Also if your hard headed like me and only slightly depress the clutch as your driving it tends to wear the tranmission side disc faster.

And if you end up having to replace the clutch in short order, I highly reccomend the McLeod RXT, I've nothing but good things to say about this clutch and flywheel combo.
Thanks for the info bud, I'll definitely keep that in mind! And yes I love the red white and blue scheme colors in my car! This is without the best birthday present I've ever had!!
Old 9/19/17, 12:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Gauges are much better to read at night , but for the most part suck during the daylight.
Hoping someone comes up with a Digital set sooooooooon !