Vapor Silver Vapor Silver 2008 Mustangs

2008 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen 1 Vapor Silver Picture Gallery

Search this Thread

Old 3/28/19, 10:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My 08

Last edited by Blue Roads; 3/30/19 at 08:52 PM.
Old 3/29/19, 09:31 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,964 Likes on 1,589 Posts
Blue Roads, there is no pic posted of you're "08" on this thread. Obviously, your image did not upload.
Old 3/29/19, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Blue Roads, there is no pic posted of you're "08" on this thread. Obviously, your image did not upload.

That's weird, I can see it when I look at it. I'm using an imgur hotlink. Does the URL work for you? https://i.imgur.com/hdkEaZw.jpg

Also for some reason I can't upload an attachment. Is there a size limit? I managed to attach pics of my junction box, but I think I was on a different computer. I disabled any ad blockers and allowed cookies, but I still can't seem to upload an attachment. Going to try a different browser.

Edit: I see a few other broken links as well in other posts. Photobucket seems to be hotlinking properly though.

Last edited by Blue Roads; 3/30/19 at 12:01 AM.
Old 3/29/19, 11:39 PM

Now I'm in Firefox, and my imgur link shows a broken image icon. Internet Explorer gives me a little X icon, no image. It only works in Chrome.

I was able to attach this image in Firefox.

Last edited by Blue Roads; 3/29/19 at 11:49 PM.
Old 3/30/19, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Roads
That's weird, I can see it when I look at it. I'm using an imgur hotlink. Does the URL work for you? https://i.imgur.com/hdkEaZw.jpg

Also for some reason I can't upload an attachment. Is there a size limit? I managed to attach pics of my junction box, but I think I was on a different computer. I disabled any ad blockers and allowed cookies, but I still can't seem to upload an attachment. Going to try a different browser.

Edit: I see a few other broken links as well in other posts. Photobucket seems to be hotlinking properly though.
The URL imgur link works on chrome when opening a new browser. As for regarding photobucket is concerned, not many of us use it anymore for hosting web images. The reason? ever since photobucket ended their free web hosting service, images can no longer be posted onto websites such as TMS.

Originally Posted by Blue Roads
Now I'm in Firefox, and my imgur link shows a broken image icon. Internet Explorer gives me a little X icon, no image. It only works in Chrome.

I was able to attach this image in Firefox.

At any rate, both of you're images are now visible on here and you have a very awesome "08" Vapor Silver GT. In the meantime, thanks for sharing and welcome to TMS
Old 3/30/19, 08:51 PM

The URL imgur link works on chrome when opening a new browser. As for regarding photobucket is concerned, not many of us use it anymore for hosting web images. The reason? ever since photobucket ended their free web hosting service, images can no longer be posted onto websites such as TMS.

At any rate, both of you're images are now visible on here and you have a very awesome "08" Vapor Silver GT. In the meantime, thanks for sharing and welcome to TMS

Thanks for the welcome!
The following users liked this post:
m05fastbackGT (4/2/21)
Old 3/31/21, 06:07 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
This is my 06 GT

Stock except for hood strips and tail lights.

m05fastbackGT (4/2/21)
Old 4/1/21, 07:36 PM

Really like the black stripes and especially the tail lights. My question however, is where are the reverse lamps located?
Old 4/1/21, 09:00 PM

Really like the black stripes and especially the tail lights. My question however, is where are the reverse lamps located?
It's hard to see but they're above the license plate. I mounted a row of LEDs on an old license plate that I cut a strip off of that still had the mounting holes in it, bent it on a 90deg angle and used the screws to hold both the mount and the tag. Did you notice that the vertical painted peices between the fog lights and headlights were blacked out also?

m05fastbackGT (4/2/21)
Old 4/2/21, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by HarrysGT
It's hard to see but they're above the license plate. I mounted a row of LEDs on an old license plate that I cut a strip off of that still had the mounting holes in it, bent it on a 90deg angle and used the screws to hold both the mount and the tag. Did you notice that the vertical painted peices between the fog lights and headlights were blacked out also?
To be honest with you, I didn't really notice the vertical painted pieces between the fog lamps and headlights as blacked out until after you mentioned it. But they also look really awesome and look very similar to the 2010-2012 GT OEM front valance. So congrats on a very nice fab job indeed on both the tail lights and also how you mounted the row of led's just above the license plate for the back up lamps
HarrysGT (4/2/21)
Old 4/2/21, 07:48 PM

Thanks for the compliments. I was trying to make it look more like a 70' Mustang. The silver paint on the hood is starting to bubble on the front edge so I might paint the whole hood flat black like the old Mach 1's were painted. Just a thought.
Old 4/3/21, 10:30 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
Thanks for the compliments. I was trying to make it look more like a 70' Mustang. The silver paint on the hood is starting to bubble on the front edge so I might paint the whole hood flat black like the old Mach 1's were painted. Just a thought.
That would look sharp!
Old 4/3/21, 05:15 PM

I agree that painting the entire hood flat black would definitely make it look more like a "70" Mach 1. Just make certain you address the paint bubbling on the front edge of the hood first, otherwise, it will keep coming back and eventually will end up spreading.
Old 4/3/21, 08:19 PM

Well that was the reason I was going to paint the hood in the first place, to address the bubbles in the paint. But yea I hear yeah. It would also give me the chance to fix a small dent too.
Old 4/3/21, 11:45 PM

Just painting alone won't resolve the bubbling issues. The issues are caused from contamination of the materials used in the seam welding process at the factory. Despite Ford being fully aware of the paint bubbling issues, they refused to fix the issues under their factory corrosion warranty, unless the affected sections rusted through completely and only then would you end up getting a hood replacement under warranty. This is the main reason that owners end up replacing their factory aluminum hoods with aftermarket fiber glass replacements. Anyhow, just saying.
Old 4/4/21, 05:55 AM

So what type of prep other than a two part epoxy primer is needed to keep the bubble problem from reappearing?
Old 4/4/21, 06:44 PM

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer and wouldn't want to provide any type of inaccurate info. Perhaps Houtex or somebody who's had personal experience or has more knowledge can chime in?
Old 5/26/21, 01:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 08 vapor gt. I have a 1.5” rear lowering kit I have yet to install. Other than the wheels is bone stock with 76,000 miles. Next purchase is a hood, just not sure which one yet.
shaneyusa (5/30/21)
Old 5/26/21, 10:27 AM

That's sure one great looking "08" Vapor Silver GT vert you have. Still looks in very excellent condition for having 76k miles on her. Meanwhile, welcome aboard and also thanks for sharing images of your sweet ride
Old 5/26/21, 02:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 464 Likes on 306 Posts
I have to agree she is very nice if I didn't like black cars so much I would have searched for a vapor silver gt. Keep up the good work on her she looks great.

Quick Reply: 2008 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen 1 Vapor Silver Picture Gallery