The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Candy Apple Red (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f745/)
-   -   Soonest as is available... (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f745/soonest-available-453820/)

houtex 6/18/07 08:26 PM

Soonest as is available...

I would really like to see a pic of a JV colored mustang. Haven't seen one yet, and I was lookin'...

Thanks!

Falchion 6/19/07 08:19 AM

Me too! Especially since I ordered one!

rookie2332 6/19/07 09:27 AM

+1 Me to. Little scary ordering color never seen before but sounded to good to pass up and love redfire any how.

Falchion 6/19/07 12:53 PM

Maybe check out the early Candy Apple Red 08 Mustangs when they come in August, and if you don't like it go for a 07 Redfire maybe with the end of year clearance money tossed in? :dunno:

Originally Posted by rookie2332 (Post 943704)
+1 Me to. Little scary ordering color never seen before but sounded to good to pass up and love redfire any how.

rookie2332 6/19/07 02:06 PM

To late for me on that one. Have Vin and estemated ship date 7/23/07

Falchion 6/19/07 06:28 PM

Congrats! :nice:

I might just go down to my Dealer tomorrow and check out the new Candy Apple paint chip he has. I'll see if I can take a pic or two.... :grin:

Originally Posted by rookie2332 (Post 943931)
To late for me on that one. Have Vin and estemated ship date 7/23/07

rookie2332 6/20/07 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Falchion (Post 944096)
Congrats! :nice:

I might just go down to my Dealer tomorrow and check out the new Candy Apple paint chip he has. I'll see if I can take a pic or two.... :grin:

That would be great if you could. I called my dealer this morning and he has yet to get the book in. :(

Falchion 6/20/07 04:07 PM

Candy Apple Red Pics

6 Attachment(s)
OK guys, I stopped by the Dealer today and got some pics of the Candy Apple Red sample as provided by Ford. I hope these help. I placed the sample sheet on the hood of a Redfire GT to compare the two colors. :dunno:

Candy Apple Red seemed in person to be darker then I thought it would. It seems very similar to redfire, but I keep my order with the Dark Candy Apple red. :nice:

Be aware that colors on a computer can look different then in person due to monitor/computer settings etc. I would advise going in person to see the sample sheet, or later on to see the 08 Mustangs in person. But, I hope this gives you an idea of what Candy Apple Red looks like. :dunno:

houtex 6/20/07 07:54 PM

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!

That's the color!!! AWESOME!!

If it looks HALF as good as it does in the 1st and 3rd shots... I'm in freakin' LOVE.

"I have GOT to get me one of THESE!!!"

Falchion 6/20/07 08:18 PM

Good to see that you like it! :nice:

I think it will look better in bright sunlight then redfire. It wasn't so easy to take pics of that sample sheet since it reflects so much! I ended up taking pics of the clouds instead! :doh:

I think pic #2 is close to what you will see in bright sunlight. :dunno:

Anyways, I think it's going to be a good Mustang color! :hail:

Originally Posted by houtex (Post 945055)
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!

That's the color!!! AWESOME!!

If it looks HALF as good as it does in the 1st and 3rd shots... I'm in freakin' LOVE.

"I have GOT to get me one of THESE!!!"

black sunshine 6/21/07 01:52 PM

Looks very close to redfire in my humble opinion. I think redfire was a very pretty color and I'm glad they replaced it with almost the same color. Can't wait to see it in person.

Falchion 6/21/07 06:36 PM

Yes, I think redfire is very close to Candy Apple, I think maybe Candy Apple has a little less brown, or purple in it then refire. I'm not sure that I was able to pick that up in the pictures. :dunno:

houtex 6/21/07 10:06 PM

The blue in redfire is what turns me off of it. makes it look purply in certain light... No such issue with DCARC!

kh765 6/21/07 10:19 PM

Is there something wrong with looking purple in a certain light? :jester:

Falchion 6/22/07 08:16 AM

Yeah, it does look purple in certain light. Also more brown if it's cloudy. :dunno:

Some people will like that effect, but I think I'd rather just stick with Candy Apple Red myself! :nice:

I think it's one of the best "old school" colors out there and will really set off the Mustang's shape! :drool:

Originally Posted by houtex (Post 945825)
The blue in redfire is what turns me off of it. makes it look purply in certain light... No such issue with DCARC!

Scarpi 6/22/07 03:37 PM

Funny, I've never seen a hint of purple in my Redfire in any kind of light. :dunno:

Scarpi 6/22/07 03:51 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Here are a few pics, but like I said I don't see purple in it.

Falchion 6/22/07 03:59 PM

Well, I have seen it, but only under certain lighting. The second pic on this link is a little purple. Not much, just a hint of a hue.....:dunno:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...n+blade+wheels

houtex 6/25/07 07:53 PM

I have seen it. That's enough for me... Even in those pics in that thread, the blue is throwing off the red.

Falchion 6/26/07 12:56 PM

Yeah, I agree. It's not quite the red that Ford should have come out with on the Mustang to begin with. Candy Apple should be a little bit better I think! :nice:

I just concerned that it's not going to be a little too dark....... :dunno:

Originally Posted by houtex (Post 948539)
I have seen it. That's enough for me... Even in those pics in that thread, the blue is throwing off the red.