Auto Shows and Events Car shows happen all across the world, here's the place to post the pics!

La Jolla 3rd Annual Motor Car Classic Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 1/15/07, 01:41 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
La Jolla 3rd Annual Motor Car Classic Pics!

La Jolla 3rd Annual Motor Car Classic at the Cove today. Figured Id check it out before the game. Very nice turnout and a great day. Lots of nice cars both on the road and off, suprisingly no good looking women (lots of women, just not very attractive; very odd for La Jolla), some very interesting and rare cars, too bad most of them were parked with the suns at their backs so taking pics was very difficult. Not to mention there were so many people it was almost impossible to get any clear shots of anything without someone walking in front of you. Anyways I took some pics, as usual so enjoy.

FULL GALLERY! 181 Pics!
http://www.surfnsocal.com/gallery/v/...torCarClassic/

HIGHLIGHTS:

Old 1/15/07, 02:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I always enjoy your pictures, and envy both the quality of cars you get to see and the weather you have. You are a talented photographer, coming up with some very unique angles and perspectives that do more than the "fill the frame with the whole car" thing that I usually do. I'm still up to my door handles in snow, so I appreciate the pics.
Old 1/15/07, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by backafter20
I always enjoy your pictures, and envy both the quality of cars you get to see and the weather you have. You are a talented photographer, coming up with some very unique angles and perspectives that do more than the "fill the frame with the whole car" thing that I usually do. I'm still up to my door handles in snow, so I appreciate the pics.
thank you very much, this show was incredibly difficult to shoot at, way too many people and most of them didnt care that they looked at you trying to take a pic and then walk right in front of you and stand there talking about which sweater to by their dog. that and the sun was at the backs of most of these cars and on a slope so I not only had a glare but had to angle up directly into the sun in most shots.

I cant wait to get a new camera
Old 1/15/07, 07:07 PM
Bullitt Member

is that blue ac cobra belong to the black race driver? forgot his name
Old 1/16/07, 12:57 AM

yes and unfortunately at the moment I cant remember his name either, shouldnt be hard to look up though, he is the original owner and race driver of that car and was the first black man to be allowed to race (that very car) on the indy race way
Old 1/16/07, 02:37 PM
Bullitt Member

What a great guy the ac cobra owner. I talked to him 4 months ago and he is really down to earth. I've always wanted to meet him again.
Old 1/16/07, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by st06vert
What a great guy the ac cobra owner. I talked to him 4 months ago and he is really down to earth. I've always wanted to meet him again.
yeah he is really cool and has great stories
Old 1/16/07, 10:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Of all the car show I have been to coffee and cars seems to be the best one so far. thanks to you!!! I will pop in on your carlsbad meet this month. I will bring my car.
Old 1/17/07, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by st06vert
Of all the car show I have been to coffee and cars seems to be the best one so far. thanks to you!!! I will pop in on your carlsbad meet this month. I will bring my car.
Ive been to many shows and I think SEMA aside, that Crystal Cove had to be up there in the top 3 if not number 1.

There is a show being planned for this year in the OC that is rumored to be aiming to be the next Pebble Beach, we will see.

another great one is cruisin grand, and I also have a lot of fun at the Rods and Woodies in Encinitas, simply because it is a good showing every month, in a great beach town, lots of shops and killer resturants, and right next door to one of my favorite dive bars, where you can escape the heat shoot some pool and have a couple of beers, its very laid back and a good mix of fun with all the great cars to look at.
Old 1/17/07, 08:28 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Great pics, Richard!

You are the 'West Coast Correspondent'!