Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Unexplained Exhaust Noises

Search this Thread

Old 2/18/06, 09:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have FRPP ceramic coated shorty headers, Magnaflow catted X-Pipe and Magnaflow mufflers. I also have a multitude of other bolt-ons. Anytime the OEM parts are removed and aftermarket parts are installed, a few minor squeeks and rattles are bound to show up. This has been the case with my vehicle. I have also had the Skipper 1000 head unit replaced 3 times and figured they had left something loose. I actually don't even notice or listen for them anymore and they don't bother me because the vehicle is such a pleasure to drive.

If most of you are like me, the Performance Forum is our primary source of information. I very seldom read the Issues section. However, this time it paid off. I found TSB 06-4-1 which I had never read before. It describes unexplained noises and rattles coming from the shifter/center stack area. I suggest all read this TSB and for the cost of 2 hose clamps ($3.00) it can't hurt. In my case it resolved a noise which I could not pin point.
Old 2/20/06, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tmcolegr @ February 18, 2006, 10:51 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I have FRPP ceramic coated shorty headers, Magnaflow catted X-Pipe and Magnaflow mufflers. I also have a multitude of other bolt-ons. Anytime the OEM parts are removed and aftermarket parts are installed, a few minor squeeks and rattles are bound to show up. This has been the case with my vehicle. I have also had the Skipper 1000 head unit replaced 3 times and figured they had left something loose. I actually don't even notice or listen for them anymore and they don't bother me because the vehicle is such a pleasure to drive.

If most of you are like me, the Performance Forum is our primary source of information. I very seldom read the Issues section. However, this time it paid off. I found TSB 06-4-1 which I had never read before. It describes unexplained noises and rattles coming from the shifter/center stack area. I suggest all read this TSB and for the cost of 2 hose clamps ($3.00) it can't hurt. In my case it resolved a noise which I could not pin point.
[/b][/quote]

Great TSB

Feels like my transmission is going to blow up!!! I am going to work on this over the weekend...

Thanks for the info
Old 2/27/06, 02:48 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rodneylynn1977 @ February 20, 2006, 5:55 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Great TSB

Feels like my transmission is going to blow up!!! I am going to work on this over the weekend...

Thanks for the info
[/b][/quote]

Took care of this TSB this weekend... However it did not go away, but it is much more liveable now!!! There is still an irratic slight vibration going on...
Old 3/2/06, 08:51 PM
V6 Member

I added the clamps this weekend, it took a trip to the harware store, 15 mins, and 3 dollars to fix. That pesky rattle is no more! Thanks so much for posting the TSB, that rattle was driving me crazy.
Old 3/3/06, 05:25 AM
Cobra Member

Wow, I had just started getting a rattle about a month ago, exactly as they explain it. I couldn't pin point it, sounded like it was coming from the center stack, heater vents or the IUP alluminum pannels. I had my girlfriend push on various points to see if it would go away to try and isolate the source with no luck. Gonna try this out, if I can figgure out how to stuff myself under the car, don't think my girlfriend will ablige me there. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 3/3/06, 02:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unfortunately, in my humble opinion, this TSB is not getting the attention it deserves. This TSB will resolve most rattle complaints I have been reading about. Sure wish more people would read and perform this simple operation. Too bad there is no way we could make more people aware of this TSB.
Old 3/5/06, 05:03 PM
V6 Member

I couldn't agree more. Maybe it can be made a seperate sticky. I guess if it annoys people enough, they will come looking for it, I know I did.