Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Small clunk sound when...

Search this Thread

Old 9/25/07, 09:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Small clunk sound when...

Small clunk/clink metal sound when backing in reverse in my driveway? I've had the car lowered but I think I've had this since before that. The jack is as tight as it will go. Any ideas?
Old 9/26/07, 01:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i think it is the two peice drive train that makes that noise my car does it too don't worry
Old 9/28/07, 03:36 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by JonCo
Small clunk/clink metal sound when backing in reverse in my driveway? I've had the car lowered but I think I've had this since before that. The jack is as tight as it will go. Any ideas?

Is it like a "POP" and feels like it is in hte floorboard on the drivers side? If so, I have it also. I thought it was the Strut TSB. But not so sure.

I am so sick of all this loose front end noise in my $30K car that I am about to trade it. I'm not taking it too Ford to fix either because they are quite frankly a bunch of idiots.
Old 9/28/07, 05:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by TUNGSTALLION
I am so sick of all this loose front end noise in my $30K car that I am about to trade it. I'm not taking it too Ford to fix either because they are quite frankly a bunch of idiots.
Yea, one day, the clunky drive train/sloppy clutch will get the best of me. Mine clunks when backing out of a parking spot.

It's a shame...if the Mustang were "tighter" I'd want to keep it forever - it's such a beautiful car. But I can't imagine this thing with 50,000 miles on the clock - it certainly isn't going to get better. And Ford dealers seem to be trained to say: "That's normal."

Not that I think Chrysler dealers are any better, but I'm looking foward to a test drive of the new Challenger in the not-to-distant future - the prospect of a Hemi 6 speed makes me tingle...I hope it's a smoother shifter!