The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Repair and Service Help (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f739/)
-   -   my black GT is turning lemon yellow (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f739/my-black-gt-turning-lemon-yellow-426943/)

65205 12/13/05 06:12 PM

05 GT 6 months,4900 miles-currently at dealer for repairs.

1. check engine light (they say it's the intake manifold)
2. shaker 1000-clean cds go in, dusty ones come out;skips last few songs
(they will not replace with new,rebuilt only - way upset!)
3. noise in rear when making low speed turns (car is automatic,they say
o.k.,just traction control)
4. slow to fill up 3-4 times
5. trip meter resets itself within first few miles
6. have problem with brake fluid leaking/spilling at cap,have cleaned it 3-4
times
7. ticking,buzzing noise drivers side at dash
8. dealer installed tint scratching at drivers side window

I love my 05 GT! Hate to think of them working on her when they don't
seem to know what's up. Any ideas? :scratch:

adrenalin 12/13/05 06:27 PM

First off, welcome to the site. Second, man, that sucks.

Check out the issues section on the site and you will see that most of your problems are rather common (brake reservoir cap, window seals scratching tint, shaker etc etc)

In regards to the check engine light, have you modded the intake by installing a CAI?

Slow to fill 3-4 times with over 4,900 miles... I wouldn't say that qualifies for the TSB. Most likely a problem with the pump you were using. If it was the TSB on the tank you would have had that problem way more often.

PonyLover 12/13/05 06:34 PM

I would also look into taking it to a different dealer service department.

65205 12/13/05 07:26 PM

Love this site, thanks for the reply, sorry for the repeats!
No mods made to car. Everything as delivered. Car is well cared for.
Tried different pumps at station, same slow fill, other customers
having no trouble. Forgot to mention car had plate sized milky area on
hood when I picked her up. Don't know if it happened when dealer
put on stripes, or if she came that way. Dealer buffed it out, mostly.
I can be a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my cars. I know they
hate to see me walk in! Is it s.o.p. to replace cd changer with a rebuilt one? They said it would take at least a month to have mine rebuilt
and installed or 3 days to have whatever showed up. I will never know the diff., but I want mine if I can't get new.As for a new dealer, this is
my third new car to buy from them, and I was thinking that might
mean something to them.

Fastrack 12/14/05 07:09 AM

Originally posted by 65205@December 13, 2005, 8:15 PM

Hmm.. There's a TSB for rear end noise.

I also had a really odd noise, when making tight turns. It ended up being the rear-left outer axle bearing. The noise I had would only occur after 35km's of driving (I guess the bearing had to heat up). It sounded like brake pads scrapping on the rotor.

I wouldn't worry about 3-4 times bad fill ups, I have 5000k on mine and I've had the slow fill 2 times. The pump was beat up POS. The other time the pump didn't have the splash back guard.

65205 12/15/05 03:46 PM

OK-here goes!
1. intake manifold- found sticking IMRC, replaced entire intake manifold assembly.
2. Shaker 1000- replaced old unit with new one, not rebuilt.
3. Noise @ low speed turn-proper operation, traction assist is coming in and out as designed.
4. Slow to fill- angle of filler neck, could be old pump.
5. Tripmeter- could not duplicate concern.
6 .Brake fluid- cleaned MC,checked for leaks, gasket OK.
7. Ticking- I forgot to ask when I picked it up, it's not on invoice, it did not tick on way home.
8. Tint- Will replace tint in spring, want to keep it 2-3 days to let cure without auto down feature in use.

Pretty happy so far, I apologized for being a pain over the shaker.

JeffreyDJ 12/15/05 04:00 PM

Glad it all worked out for you!

lodom 12/15/05 07:21 PM

You mentioned a ticking noise. Several have commented on the tach making noises. Could this be what it is? Good to hear most of your issues were taken care of.

Boltzman 12/17/05 01:37 PM

Originally posted by 65205@December 15, 2005, 6:49 PM
OK-here goes!
1. intake manifold- found sticking IMRC, replaced entire intake manifold assembly.
2. Shaker 1000- replaced old unit with new one, not rebuilt.
3. Noise @ low speed turn-proper operation, traction assist is coming in and out as designed.
4. Slow to fill- angle of filler neck, could be old pump.
5. Tripmeter- could not duplicate concern.
6 .Brake fluid- cleaned MC,checked for leaks, gasket OK.
7. Ticking- I forgot to ask when I picked it up, it's not on invoice, it did not tick on way home.
8. Tint- Will replace tint in spring, want to keep it 2-3 days to let cure without auto down feature in use.

Pretty happy so far, I apologized for being a pain over the shaker.

are they paying for your tint??I hav ethe same problem and they said they would not replace it :mad:

65205 12/17/05 07:57 PM

Yes, they are paying for tint. It was dealer installed, so maybe that makes a difference. All of the above repairs were under warranty, no $ out of my pocket. I hope you can get yours fixed without paying too!

metroplex 12/4/06 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by 65205 (Post 566483)
05 GT 6 months,4900 miles-currently at dealer for repairs.

1. check engine light (they say it's the intake manifold)
2. shaker 1000-clean cds go in, dusty ones come out;skips last few songs
(they will not replace with new,rebuilt only - way upset!)
4. slow to fill up 3-4 times
5. trip meter resets itself within first few miles
6. have problem with brake fluid leaking/spilling at cap,have cleaned it 3-4
times
7. ticking,buzzing noise drivers side at dash
8. dealer installed tint scratching at drivers side window

1). No idea - sounds like a unique problem. What was the DTC #? P####
2). My Aiwa CD player has always spit out rather "smudgy" CDs. The Skipper problem has been quite random.
3). Its not trac ctrl or ABS. It's the clutches in the limited slip differential. Try adding some XL-3 Friction Modifier Additive (or convince the service guy to remove some gear oil and dump in half a bottle).
4). The slow to fill is a known issue for 2005-2007 GTs and is a problem with the car, not the gas pump. If you still think it is the pump, go back to the problem pump and pull the nozzle out a bit more (don't stick it in too deep) and try again.
5). Sounds like a new problem.
6). Known problem for 2005-2007 GTs. Wrap the neck of the reservoir (where the cap screws onto) 2-4 times with plumber's teflon tape. The issue is the reservoir sealing surface is either uneven, or the cap gasket is too thin. Or it could be a combination of both.
7). Sounds like the A-pillar panel is rubbing against the dash. You can use felt in between the contact points, but every Ford we've owned has had dash rattle. You get used to it after awhile.

07ShelbyWanter 12/4/06 10:48 AM

sounds like you got a bad apple, cause i very luckily don't have any of those problems except for # 6.. ps - i liked the danco rubber drain gasket method fix for that.. i definitely think you may want to try a different dealership in the future.. all service depts are not created equal.. good luck, i hope the stang treats you better!

50bomber 12/4/06 10:51 AM

One way to solve the leaky brake reservoir is to drain a little fluid out of it so the fluid is halfway between full and empty. Solved my leak!

Louie 12/4/06 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by metroplex (Post 792838)
1). No idea - sounds like a unique problem. What was the DTC #? P####
2). My Aiwa CD player has always spit out rather "smudgy" CDs. The Skipper problem has been quite random.
3). Its not trac ctrl or ABS. It's the clutches in the limited slip differential. Try adding some XL-3 Friction Modifier Additive (or convince the service guy to remove some gear oil and dump in half a bottle).
4). The slow to fill is a known issue for 2005-2007 GTs and is a problem with the car, not the gas pump. If you still think it is the pump, go back to the problem pump and pull the nozzle out a bit more (don't stick it in too deep) and try again.
5). Sounds like a new problem.
6). Known problem for 2005-2007 GTs. Wrap the neck of the reservoir (where the cap screws onto) 2-4 times with plumber's teflon tape. The issue is the reservoir sealing surface is either uneven, or the cap gasket is too thin. Or it could be a combination of both.
7). Sounds like the A-pillar panel is rubbing against the dash. You can use felt in between the contact points, but every Ford we've owned has had dash rattle. You get used to it after awhile.

Wow, you do realize this thread is one year old, don't you?

metroplex 12/4/06 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Louie (Post 792883)
Wow, you do realize this thread is one year old, don't you?

Did you know that new 2007s that JUST rolled out of AAI still have many of the same problems? :banghead::banghead::doh:

LEO_06GT 12/4/06 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by metroplex (Post 792898)
Did you know that new 2007s that JUST rolled out of AAI still have many of the same problems? :banghead::banghead::doh:

You do realize that in post #6 he says his problems have been fixed don't you?:screwy:

metroplex 12/4/06 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT (Post 792915)
You do realize that in post #6 he says his problems have been fixed don't you?:screwy:

Good for him, but the brake fluid leak and slow to fill are STILL present on the very recently made 2007s.

Louie 12/4/06 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by metroplex (Post 792898)

I know that, but I think that giving him tips on how to deal with problems he had a year ago might be useless. I mean, did you check whether he had fixed them since then? (guess not in this case, see post #6 above, like Leo said)

Btw, I noticed you've ressurected a bunch of very old threads (1+ years) in different sections of the forum. Not saying it's wrong or forbidden to do so or anything, but what was the idea behind it? :dunno: I'm not trying to start an argument here, but please check whether the problem you're giving advice on wasn't solved already.

Peace!:nice:

LEO_06GT 12/4/06 12:02 PM

Metroplex-So what? There are several much more informative threads about that issue already on the site. So why reivent the wheel?

Louie 12/4/06 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by metroplex (Post 792927)
Good for him, but the brake fluid leak and slow to fill are STILL present on the very recently made 2007s.

So, what's your point? :dunno: There are 2007 specific threads recently started on these problems.

EDIT: Leo, we're talking in stereo here! :rofl2: