Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

How Many is Too Many?

Search this Thread

Old 1/13/08, 06:34 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry How Many is Too Many?

Alright,

I have seen all the issues everyone else has posted...but how much is too much? In past year, my car has been in the shop a total of 12 weeks! I love my car...but come on!

The stats: 2005 V6 Manual 45K miles

1. Right front strut tower replace, then a year later the left.
2. Throwout Bearing and clutch Pressure plate replaced...took 3 weeks to get the parts.
3. Shaker 500 head unit replaced twice!
4. Drivers lumbar blew...literally...then the dealer re-installed the seat improperly, took it back...
5. A week after the lumbar was fixed, the little lever on the back of the drivers seat popped off in pieces...coincidence? I think not
6. Today, the auto-up function on my passenger's side window went out...and it won't pop back-up when you close the door.

On going: Will slip shift from 4th to third when attempting to shift to 5th, will refuse to go in 1st or 2nd gear from a dead stop. Have to be slightly rolling, or downshift prior to coming to a complete stop. I can't shift into nuetral at a light or in traffic, because it won't go back in gear. Dealer said they could not replicate...and to push my clutch in all the way...if I get my clutch in any further, I will literally have my foot in teh engine.

Total trips to the shop:
Too many to count...but based off this list...at least 10 for warranty issues alone.

Do I have any recourse at this point to start talking buy-back or anything of that nature? Again, I love my car, but enough if enough. I have been without my care for 3 of the last 6 weeks with warranty issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rogue6
Old 1/13/08, 07:40 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sucks to hear this. My car literally has had 1 visit besides oil changes and that was for the squeeking brakes in the rear TSB. I don't like the dash rattles and that needs to be taken care of but overall.....not much.
Old 1/14/08, 05:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
do they give you a loaner car?? They are supose to get you one if need be.
Old 1/15/08, 10:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From your thread, yes - way too many problems. Would check your state's Lemon Laws. Unfortunately, the little I know about them usually relates to the same specific problem not being resolved in x number of times (3 comes to mind) within a specific period of time before the law applies.