Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Car not starting and not coding keys

Search this Thread

Old 1/25/24, 02:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car not starting and not coding keys

Hi everyone!
I'm looking for some help to solve an issue popped up out of nowhere that is preventing my car to be driven.

Ok so, little explanation..i decided in the evening to swap my current ECU(it's not her original one;i've swapped it on the go when apparently the original one went bad and started to act weird) with the original one i have at home, just to read the DTC's and see if the car kept to act strange(i wanted to be sure,after having replaced a lot of bad components i've found,that the bad behaviour of the car was due to the failed ECU). Done the swap, turned the key,no crank and no start and theft light flashing rapidly...ok,to be expected,i tought..so i used ForScan to reprogram the keys,just to see that every time i try, it would code only one key,and the car won't start. Tired of keep try, i've putted back on my current ECU..and "voilà"..the car acted in the same way..no crank and no start,with the theft light flashing rapidly. ForScan told me that in the ECU there were still 4 keys coded in it..so i try to use them all,with no luck..same output. So i've resorted to do a key erase and reprogram, thinking could solve the problem..but i ended up like before, with only 1 key coded every time i do the procedure,and the car that would start and run with only the last key i coded..until i turn it off..when i turn it off,the car act like before, with a no crank and no start condition, with the anti theft light flashing rapidly. The DTC's i have are: B1213 and B1601.
I've already tested the transceiver,and it works correctly;all the keys i have are genuine OEM keys,and not copies of each other. i haven't touched anything else on the car when i've done the swap other than the 3 ECU connectors.

Does someone have a clue on the issue?i'm thinking about an SJB issue or a connector/pin/wire issue on the ECU side..any hint would really be appreciated..thanks a lot!
Old 1/25/24, 03:04 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 2,992 Likes on 2,199 Posts
This First Link Although 2010-2014 Maybe Useful

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...5/#post7079754

2005-2009 Shop Manual Pdf's Here.

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...e-info-550470/

This Topic Has Some Links To The Stratec Site Which Has Some Programming Info in it as Well! A Bit of Reading But Can Gain Some Knowledge.

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...rocess-542327/

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 1/25/24 at 03:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
CeskZ (1/25/24)