Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Alarm Question

Search this Thread

Old 1/31/07, 10:41 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alarm Question

I have the factory alarm system in my 05. I armed the system on Saturday night only to find that the doors did not lock. I opened the door and sure enough the alarm went off. I tried it again and the doors locked and the alarm armed itself. I thought it was a fluke and forgot about it. I just went to my car to get something, and when I went to lock it, the system armed, but the doors didn't lock. Tried it twice....got the confirmation chirp after trying twice, and the lights on the dash said it was armed, but the doors are unlocked. Before I go through the wonderful experience of going to the dealer....anyone have any ideas????

Thanks!!
Old 1/31/07, 10:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I had the same thing happen and it turned out that say you sat in it locked the doors wait and pop up the pins came ! Sound familiar so stick the key in the door and turn L/R a few times I even used a can of dry air and gave the key hole a shot , the actuator inside gets stuck inbetween or water gets in and that's why it happened to me, key & dry air but key should work. and should be no dealer expense warrenty that's how I found out I locked the doors driving down the road click ? relocked & they kept coming up freaked me out but every now & zen I sray air in key hole to keep out moisture.
Old 1/31/07, 10:58 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the feedback....but both door solenoids suffering the same issue??? BTW....they don't lock and then unlock....they just don't lock. Also, they lock when you start moving as always. It's just when you arm the system. Also, they never failed to unlock it. I don't get it.