The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Repair and Service Help (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f739/)
-   -   Air Conditioning out (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f739/air-conditioning-out-485295/)

officespace56 7/10/10 10:51 AM

Air Conditioning out

Hey all,

I have a 2006 Mustang GT and recently for the past few months my A/C has not been working and I have no idea why. One day it just stopped working, and I have never gotten around to posting about it until today. Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas for a fix?

officespace56 7/13/10 11:01 AM

TTT!

karman 7/13/10 02:46 PM

OK, I'll bite.
What is not working in the system?
Is the compressor spinning (compressor clutch engaging)?
Is the fan blowing inside the car?
Are the ducts opening and closing properly?
A few specifics might help.:dunno:

pegasusphototx 7/13/10 03:21 PM

My compressor went out on my 06 after 37,000 miles. Since I was a 3yr/36,000 mile warranty owner, I ate the cost of the repair.

-danny

officespace56 7/14/10 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by karman (Post 5910773)
OK, I'll bite.
What is not working in the system?
Is the compressor spinning (compressor clutch engaging)?
Is the fan blowing inside the car?
Are the ducts opening and closing properly?
A few specifics might help.:dunno:

Everything inside the car looks as if it were working, except cold air never comes out of the vents, just warm air. The A/C light works fine, and when I turn the knob to max A/C, the fan speed picks up, but again there is no cold air.

05YellowGT 7/15/10 05:19 AM

Have you checked under the hood to see if the compressor seems to be working when the A/C is on ? Maybe the clutch isn't engaging the compressor , so you wouldn't get cold air ...

sams66 7/21/10 03:47 PM

ok just had the same thing happen to me. my car has 20k miles on it 2005 gt coupe, same thing everything worked no cold air. actually it never really had cold air that I can remember in the 5 years I had it, I dont think I even turn on AC.

So I took to dealer they said there was no freon refrigerant in it all all, none. they replaced that, added die to the freon and said if I see drips or drops then they would be able to see where leak may be. they double checked several times before I picked car up and they said it was holding tight, so who knows.

karman 7/21/10 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by sams66 (Post 5915474)
ok just had the same thing happen to me. my car has 20k miles on it 2005 gt coupe, same thing everything worked no cold air. actually it never really had cold air that I can remember in the 5 years I had it, I dont think I even turn on AC.

So I took to dealer they said there was no freon refrigerant in it all all, none. they replaced that, added die to the freon and said if I see drips or drops then they would be able to see where leak may be. they double checked several times before I picked car up and they said it was holding tight, so who knows.

When I have a vehicle that is like that I just fill it before each summer.
It usually means it is a very small leak and it's cheaper than fixing it.
P.S.
I wish people would stop calling it FreonŽ.
FreonŽ has been banned for many years.

TacoBill 7/22/10 07:47 AM

Mine crapped out over a year ago. Fan worked, but compressor didn't engage.

I took it to the dealer while it was still under warranty, but they refused to fix it under warranty because of the mods.

Fast forward to a few months ago, and $350 later, it ended up being a couple electrical issues (relay and something else).

RKNMACH 9/30/10 11:29 AM

I've got the same problem with mine. Last year the A/C wouldn't produce any cold air so I took it into the dealer on one of those "Free A/C check up" deals. They found a tiny leak and filled the system for free. Said it would cost around $550.00 to fix the problem (can't remember which part they have to replace). It worked fairly well this year but I can feel the air getting warmer in the A/C mode. May get it fixed next year or just get it topped off again.