The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Rocket City Mustang Club (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f737/)
-   -   :steering: Drag strip :steering: (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f737/steering-drag-strip-steering-487975/)

sychobaby 9/30/10 02:51 PM

:steering: Drag strip :steering:

I plan on going to the drag strip off Jeff Rd tomorrow (Friday, October 1) sometime around 4:30 - 5:00. Come on out if you want to join me! As bad as I want to drag my car....I will sit in the stands and observe. I thought if several members want to go, I would take the antenna flags and represent. :steering: :steering: :steering:

sychobaby 9/30/10 03:45 PM

Sorry, Make that 6:00 - 6:30. I could not find a start time on their website.

D'prived 9/30/10 04:07 PM

I've been toying with the idea of taking my car to the strip... never done it before but I think it would be kinda cool! I had no idea there was a strip off Jeff Road. Unfortunatley I have to pick up my wife's parents from the airport tomorrow at 4:30 and take them to Lacey's Spring. Is it an every Friday night thing? I'm like you... I want to go and watch for a while then maybe participate.

Mberglo 9/30/10 06:08 PM

Last time I went, it cost the same to watch or to run. Might as well run.

sychobaby 9/30/10 07:51 PM

They run every Friday night. It is $20 per person as a spectator. I have never run, so I do not know how much it is. I am usually free every Friday night. Let me know when you are available!

Rogue 9/30/10 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by sychobaby (Post 5955178)
I plan on going to the drag strip off Jeff Rd tomorrow (Friday, October 1) sometime around 4:30 - 5:00. Come on out if you want to join me! As bad as I want to drag my car....I will sit in the stands and observe. I thought if several members want to go, I would take the antenna flags and represent. :steering: :steering: :steering:

if your chicken, i will gladly drive your car down that 1/8th mile :p

Puter 10/1/10 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mberglo (Post 5955300)
Last time I went, it cost the same to watch or to run. Might as well run.

What he said. Was that way at the beginning of the season when I last ran. Same money to watch or run. Just tell the guy at the entrance that you want to run (even if you don't) and he will number your car. Then go to the tower and fill out a tech card. I've even taken folks down the track to explain how it is done while they watch inside the car.

Do know that your insurance probably will not cover you (most don't).

sychobaby 10/1/10 09:09 AM

Do know that your insurance probably will not cover you (most don't).[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I heard that too.

sychobaby 10/1/10 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 5955397)
if your chicken, i will gladly drive your car down that 1/8th mile :p

Sorry, Mark. Yes, I am afraid I might lose it. Insurance would not cover it. That would totally suck for me. What I just went throught to get 1 new wheel and tire, no thank you.

sychobaby 10/1/10 12:07 PM

I will not be going to the drag strip tonight. We have just found out that Bradley has to be at work at 5 am. It is not fair for him to stay out late and have to get up so early. So guys! Maybe later.

Rogue 10/1/10 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by sychobaby (Post 5955536)
I will not be going to the drag strip tonight. We have just found out that Bradley has to be at work at 5 am. It is not fair for him to stay out late and have to get up so early. So guys! Maybe later.

then just let him go to bed around 630 then sneak out while he is sleeping, he even notice i bet :jester:

sychobaby 10/1/10 03:38 PM

I am sure he would not hear my car crank up while it is in the garage either.

Rogue 10/1/10 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by sychobaby (Post 5955616)
I am sure he would not hear my car crank up while it is in the garage either.

no you need to open the garage door quietly and push the mustang out far enough so he cant hear it start. :rofl3:

sychobaby 10/1/10 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 5955650)
no you need to open the garage door quietly and push the mustang out far enough so he cant hear it start. :rofl3:

Ok. That made me laugh! Considering that I wake up my neighbors when I leave in the mornings for work, that would be great. I would have to push it out of the subdivision.

Rogue 10/1/10 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by sychobaby (Post 5955663)
Ok. That made me laugh! Considering that I wake up my neighbors when I leave in the mornings for work, that would be great. I would have to push it out of the subdivision.

i would love to get a video of you pushing your car out of the driveway! !

usmcrebel 10/5/10 12:20 PM

anyone headed to the strip this weekend?
15 to race
10 to watch

sychobaby 10/5/10 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by usmcrebel (Post 5957002)
anyone headed to the strip this weekend?
15 to race
10 to watch

I do not know yet. I want to go. It depends on what the hubby works Saturday.

usmcrebel 10/6/10 01:15 PM

yeah wife made plans for me so im not going now lol