Rocket City Mustang Club Huntsville, Alabama Chapter of The Mustang Club of America

RCMC Dyno Day.

Search this Thread

Old 6/27/07, 06:38 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 89 gained 14 horsepower after adjusting the fuel pressure regulator. Final run 266hp/297ftlbs. A great way to spend $50.
Old 6/27/07, 11:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Well, I wished that I would have had similar results.

Final toll 288 RWHP/ 302 RWTQ ??? I could be off by a # or so....sheets in the car at the house.

However.....There is a bright side. My A/F was 10:1 during the run so there is room for improvement.

Bad side is that, the predator didn't seem to have an affect on the fuel or HP with the factory or diablosport tune.

I am thinking about getting a wideband and tuning in the AF, then sticking it on the dyno.

My V6 makes more power than my Cobra...
Old 6/27/07, 11:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Old 6/27/07, 12:40 PM
GT Member

Glen I didn't realize you had a stroker for some reason. Sucks that you couldn't get that A/F issue worked out. I don't understand why it wasn't changing the ratio when you updated the ECU. Have you changed injectors or MAF's on that car? If so is it worked into the tune?

FYI for those that came after I left, Hoodless put down 330hp 330tq with some intake IMRC issues. Oh and breathing thru a staw for intake tubing.
Old 6/27/07, 03:30 PM
Bullitt Member

pssst jlt that bastad. did you figure out what was up with your window switch?
Old 6/27/07, 05:36 PM
GT Member

um JLT doesn't make a CAI/RAI for my custom set-up. I haven't looked at the window switch much. I was an electronics tech in a former life so I'm pretty confident is the wiring. I checked some of that yesterday and didn't find anything obvious. I've changed the settings on it and it seems to act better but it's hard to test it just driving around
Old 6/28/07, 07:59 AM
Bullitt Member

hmmm....forgot...you've got an odd intake.....well....get some reducers and a piece of PVC pipe, have gary powdercoat it, and go see what it does for you.
Old 6/28/07, 11:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 96TennGT
Glen, Have you changed injectors or MAF's on that car?
It's Gary, not Glen....

Anyway, its stock MAF and new stock size injectors. Another 98 cobra came on after you left and he had the same A/F results as well.
Old 6/28/07, 02:54 PM
Bullitt Member

ya the af result was kabooom! looks like a rock fell out of the sky....I thought mine was bad til I saw that.....crazy.....I got my tuner yesterday, I'm gonna play with it a little today.....
Old 6/28/07, 04:06 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by workmangc
It's Gary, not Glen....

Anyway, its stock MAF and new stock size injectors. Another 98 cobra came on after you left and he had the same A/F results as well.
LOL, sorry man I don't know where Glen came from.

Well ****, atleast it's not just you.
Old 6/29/07, 07:21 AM
GT Member

Guys, from what I've been told on another forums I should really be alot closer to 400rwhp. I have some things I'm working on, intake being one of the biggest, so I'll have to do this again in a month or so. Should be interesting to see if I can make 70 more hp, lol
Old 6/29/07, 07:31 AM
Bullitt Member

well I just read on SVT P a guy with a catted X pipe and a cai with exhaust put down 430 with no tune! WTH!? and he did it on a dynojet.....can someone clue me in as to what the fugg is wrong with my car!? cause I don't see me picking up 65 hp from just running rich.....but a cai would help alot I guess.
Old 6/29/07, 07:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 96TennGT
Guys, from what I've been told on another forums I should really be alot closer to 400rwhp. I have some things I'm working on, intake being one of the biggest, so I'll have to do this again in a month or so. Should be interesting to see if I can make 70 more hp, lol
you should have that easily bro....get that thing tuned in with the IMRC's and the window switch and you will be A-OK! I still need to play with my tuner.....I might be spending another 50 bucks at arthurs later on in the month....but you'll be fine man.....I'm sure she will put out what she should once you get your IMRC problem figured....that IMRC is a huge restriction if it didn't open! crap.....I bet you put down 400 on your next time out.
Old 6/29/07, 08:32 PM
Bullitt Member

I figured i'd post my Dyno sheet.
As you can see the AF SUUUUCCCCCKKKKSSSS.

I tried to call Diablosport today to ask their opinion on the issue, but waited too late. I'll try again on Mon.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Cobra Dyno.pdf (116.6 KB, 211 views)
Old 6/29/07, 08:35 PM
Bullitt Member

the AF looks ok on one of them, but then on the other it kind of looks like mine did, but mine didn't peak above the bottom of the scale once it dropped. why would you not lose or gain any power really between runs with the huge difference in AF?
Old 6/29/07, 08:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by virginiavenom
that IMRC is a huge restriction if it didn't open!
The IMRC on the Aviator isn't like the IMRC on mine.

96-98 Cobra IMRC= opens secondary runner, turning car from 3v to 4v, thus a restriction.

Aviator IMRC aka (poor mans FR500 intake) turns intake from long runner to short runner. He will see a HP gain from it, but it will be from the change in runner length, not from restriction.

I thought that I saw the IMRCs actuate on his intake, just flipping out at that 14k blip/glitch.
Old 6/29/07, 08:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by virginiavenom
the AF looks ok on one of them, but then on the other it kind of looks like mine did, but mine didn't peak above the bottom of the scale once it dropped. why would you not lose or gain any power really between runs with the huge difference in AF?
I question the original reading, not for faulty dyno testing, just that THAT much of a increase in fuel would cause a obvious change in the dyno. I didn't have any change really at all.

Every run except the first resulted in the same A/F and #'s on the dyno.
I don't question the dyno's ability to record #'s, but there could have been some error in the placement of the "sniffer" for the O2 readings.

I'm going with a wideband and tune the AF with it, go back to the dyno and see how it affected everything.
Old 6/30/07, 09:48 AM
Bullitt Member

I think that's what I'm gonna do....thinking about a wide band commander right now...once I get that I'll get it dialed in, and then take it to the dyno, and then pulley it. see what kind of difference it makes.....I know his intake is like the fr500......a meant a restriction to the amount of power he's putting down.....not an intake restriction.
Old 7/2/07, 07:35 PM
Bullitt Member

I contacted Diablosport today to get their opinion on the A/F stuff. After asking my mods, the moment I mentioned "5.0 stroker" he said I would need a custom tune. He said that that would cause some problems in the fuel tables and such.

I'm not sure exactly how. I thought since in open loop the computer is just dumping fuel based upon predetermined tables and the car has more displacement i.e. more air entering the cylinders, that the car would be lean if anything.

He said that the extra cubic inches would cause it though. They're the experts though so I'll follow their advice.

I asked about BamaChips and they said that they are good guys. I contacted BamaChips....they are backed up at least 2 weeks out at any time so I'll have to get a handle on my schedule and go to them.

I had thought about the Wideband, but at $300+ for one, another gauge pod to fit it, and then my hourly time to dial everything in, it will make more sense for me to go to them.

Who knows what will happen once the AF is worked out. Maybe I can get over 300 to the wheels. Considering that I am running stock induction except a K&N I feel that there is room to improve all around.

I need to finish the short runner intake that I have been sitting on for over a year.
Old 7/2/07, 08:24 PM
Bullitt Member

hey contact ed....that guy arthur reccommended, I was there saturday and he put a stock terminator with just a 2.8 pulley to 467 hp with perfect af. he said for 6 months they can do 6 months of custom tuning for you

Quick Reply: RCMC Dyno Day.