Rocket City Mustang Club Huntsville, Alabama Chapter of The Mustang Club of America

A couple of requests on the website and newsletter:

Search this Thread

Old 12/6/07, 09:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A couple of requests on the website and newsletter:

In the contacts list, the email addresses are an image, which makes it impossible to cut and past - it would be nice if they were at least text if not "Mailto:" links.

Newsletter :

Classifieds : some of these have been in the newsletter for at least two years! I think there should be a time limit if the seller does not specifically ask for it to be rerun.

Sponsors: Heading lists sponsors for "2006".
Old 12/6/07, 09:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Old 12/6/07, 11:13 AM
GT Member

In an effort to try and reduce the amount of spam the club officers receive, I used an image for the e-mail addresses. This makes it harder for spammers to use automated methods to gather our addresses. I know this is inconvenient for people trying to reach us, but really helps.
Old 12/6/07, 11:15 AM
Cobra Member

Those sponsors are actually from 2005. We haven't gotten anything from most of them in over two years.

Extreme, I understand it's a lot of work, and I appreciate what you're doing. mgreene's suggestions and observations are good ones IMHO.
Old 12/6/07, 11:19 AM
Cobra Member

we luvs ya Mike!
Old 12/6/07, 11:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Extreme21
Just to let you know I've been in your shoes - I did our website the first two years of its existence and I did the newsletter for two years as well - back when you had to use scissors, scotch tape, fold, staple, address and stamp and take to the post office (and it was generally 12-14 pages back then). I know it's a mostly thankless job and I appreciate everyone's effort.

Should we not be allowed to make suggestions?
Old 12/6/07, 11:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by kkucera
In an effort to try and reduce the amount of spam the club officers receive, I used an image for the e-mail addresses. This makes it harder for spammers to use automated methods to gather our addresses. I know this is inconvenient for people trying to reach us, but really helps.
Here is a way around that:

http://www.ohlone.cc.ca.us/org/webce...ilencoder.html
Old 12/6/07, 01:20 PM
Bullitt Member

"banging my head" was not meant in that way. As a member, vp, prez, whatever, I'm always looking to see how we can always do better or moreover satisfy the most persons given the situation.

the head banging was actually me thinking (regarding the sponsor page) I should have addressed/improved that issue. Keith handled the e-mail issue correctly. Spammers are real good and still eek through, but it's a whole lot better the way he has it set up. While the classifieds are old, they (to the best of my knowledge) are still valid sales. Since the addition of the forum, most people have chosen to sell via that route. I get little to no requests to add to the newsletter. I recently asked one seller about his item (car), and he said it's still for sale.

sponsors. yep, they need revamped and I'm working that. I told a couple of folks recently that I'm contacting (for example) NPD and hopefully renegotiate with them. Now is a keen time to hit up these "sponsors" since we'll need support (read: money, goodies, etc.) for the show in May. Again, another "head banging" on my part for trying to do a lot of stuff or having a large "to do" list.

comments, etc. are always welcome. no problems/no worries here.
Old 12/6/07, 01:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Extreme21
Again, another "head banging" on my part for trying to do a lot of stuff or having a large "to do" list.

comments, etc. are always welcome. no problems/no worries here.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/delegate

*grins*
Old 12/6/07, 03:22 PM
Bullitt Member

when i clicked on the link, it said "see ralph b." hmmm...
Old 12/7/07, 11:19 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by mgreene
Yep, I looked at that. My thoughts are that if Internet exporer can decode it to send e-mail, so can spammers robots. The image is pretty tough for a robot to decypher.

Thanks for the comment though.