The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2008-2009 BULLITT (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f735/)
-   -   Wrapping my Bullitt? What color? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f735/wrapping-my-bullitt-what-color-531792/)

mrp5150 7/19/14 02:41 PM

Wrapping my Bullitt? What color?

2 Attachment(s)
Just curious if anyone here has wrapped their car? I like my black Bullitt, but sometimes I think it's "too" black. I've always loved the look of the Torch Red Bullitt prototype Ford made so I've been thinking about wrapping the Bullitt in either that color or some type of gray or silver. I think the Bullitt wheels just look great on the S197 body and they really seem to accent different body colors nicely. I've only ever seen the OEM Bullitt wheels on a Torch Red and Redfire Metallic S197. What do you guys think?

Attachment 192030

Attachment 192031

AlsCobra 7/19/14 02:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This would be great as a Bullitt.

StangMahn 7/19/14 03:16 PM

A red wrap will last maybe a year. Red fades unbelievably quick. Do a wrap on the greenhouse. Put a blue or something on the top half.

cdynaco 7/19/14 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by mrp5150 (Post 6829917)
Just curious if anyone here has wrapped their car? I like my black Bullitt, but sometimes I think it's "too" black. What do you guys think?

That's why you buy a used GT. :p

mrp5150 7/19/14 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by cdynaco (Post 6829927)
That's why you buy a used GT. :p

To be honest, I want a GT convertible with the Bullitt wheels (and every other upgrade the Bullitt has), but that's not gonna happen. I figure with a wrap it's pretty simple to go back to the stock paint color, so not a huge deal. Plus black isn't the "real" Bullitt color anyways.

MDkid92 7/19/14 03:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What about this color. A matte finish wrap.

mrp5150 7/19/14 04:59 PM

Not a fan of matte finishes.

cdynaco 7/20/14 04:35 AM

That has got to be about the ugliest turd I have ever seen. :shame:

MDkid92 7/20/14 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by cdynaco (Post 6830089)
That has got to be about the ugliest turd I have ever seen. :shame:

not saying I like the car haha, but I think the color would be good on a new mustang. Doesn't have to be matte.

laserred38 7/20/14 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by AlsCobra (Post 6829919)
This would be great as a Bullitt.

I say matte metallic DHG.

tbear853 7/21/14 06:43 AM

Greys can be pretty colors ..... but on rainy or just overcast days .... they blend in with the grey light .... and always they blend in with roadways and guardrails and they never "pop".

But then, having owned black ..... I have no desire to own another car that is a high maintenance finish..

I there fore vote "RED".

:D

TripleBlack14 7/21/14 07:11 AM

I have no opinion on color but keep this in mind....

Your engine bay, trunk, and door jambs will be black. Lots of cars from the 60's had black engine compartments, so that might not look so odd. But the rest, especially the door jambs won't match the car.

I wouldn't be able to live with that myself, but it's your call.

Good luck

Tom

laserred38 7/21/14 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14 (Post 6830477)
I have no opinion on color but keep this in mind.... Your engine bay, trunk, and door jambs will be black. Lots of cars from the 60's had black engine compartments, so that might not look so odd. But the rest, especially the door jambs won't match the car. I wouldn't be able to live with that myself, but it's your call. Good luck Tom

A good wrap will do the jambs. Being black, it's the perfect color to wrap - engine bay and trunk won't jump out at you.

TripleBlack14 7/21/14 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by laserred38 (Post 6830481)
A good wrap will do the jambs. Being black, it's the perfect color to wrap - engine bay and trunk won't jump out at you.

I agree, Patrick, but the doors will have to come off along with the trim panels, and the hinges will have to be painted. You also have to deal with the hinge pillars too.

If there are rocker moldings or ground FX, they've got to be R&I'd as well.

I envision a lot of extra labor costs if it's to be done correctly.

Just playing devil's advocate.

Tom

laserred38 7/21/14 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14 (Post 6830487)
I agree, Patrick, but the doors will have to come off along with the trim panels, and the hinges will have to be painted. You also have to deal with the hinge pillars too. If there are rocker moldings or ground FX, they've got to be R&I'd as well. I envision a lot of extra labor costs if it's to be done correctly. Just playing devil's advocate. Tom

Like I said, a good wrap shop can do a lot of that without removing too much. As long as the vinyl is tucked in a seam, it won't be seen and it won't peel. I've been doing a lot of research for my buddy with the Charger. His is metallic black now but he wants to wrap it matte metallic gunmetal gray. Most shops around here quote $3500 for no jambs, $5000 with jambs. So yeah, a lot of that is extra labor removing bumpers and parts, but it's not much more to do it right...

Glenn 7/21/14 07:09 PM

wrap it in green the color a bullitt should be

mrp5150 7/22/14 11:26 PM

I was quoted $2500-2800. I know that's nothing compared to a new paint job, but more than I expected it to be. Probably won't be doing this anytime soon.

MDkid92 7/25/14 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by mrp5150 (Post 6831297)
I was quoted $2500-2800. I know that's nothing compared to a new paint job, but more than I expected it to be. Probably won't be doing this anytime soon.

yeah, it's very expensive. I'd do a plasti dip, from a professional in your area. That will run you 500+. But still look very nice and similar to a wrap.

Bert 3/16/16 07:02 PM

Dark Hyland Green is the ONLY color that is allowed on a Bullitt. So yes you should wrap your black Bullitt, in DHG.

laserred38 3/16/16 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bert
Dark Hyland Green is the ONLY color that is allowed on a Bullitt. So yes you should wrap your black Bullitt, in DHG.

Holy thread revival