I'm Thinking of Giving an S197 Mustang Bullitt a Shot - Page 2 - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

I'm Thinking of Giving an S197 Mustang Bullitt a Shot

Old 7/22/17, 03:24 PM   #21
GTR Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourdegrees11 View Post
You can also mod the heck out of your 11+ 😉
For under 40k.. I don't think so
m05fastbackGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join The Mustang Source

Join TheMustangSource.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Mustang fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Mustang Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your stang, and have a great time with other Ford Mustang fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Mustang you'll find that TheMustangSource.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TheMustangSource.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Old 7/22/17, 03:56 PM   #22
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT View Post
For under 40k.. I don't think so
What is your deal man?

FYI I got my 2012 GT brembo car with 24k miles for $23k a year ago. You're trying to tell me I can't build the suspension, supercharge, and run proper wheels/tires for less than$17k? Watch me
fourdegrees11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/22/17, 05:40 PM   #23
GTR Member

Quote:
What is your deal man?

FYI I got my 2012 GT brembo car with 24k miles for $23k a year ago. You're trying to tell me I can't build the suspension, supercharge, and run proper wheels/tires for less than$17k? Watch me

Quote:
Sure when you look at the 2011+ mustang/camaro/challenger the 05-10 mustangs are "slow", but if you look at all of the other 2 dr, rwd sports cars under $40k they are still competitive, and only obsolete in creature comforts.
You brought up 2dr rwd sports cars under 40k as being competitive, not a single word by you was ever mentioned about those cars as being used.. Therefore I took your post as meaning that you purchased your 2012 GT as new and that you were also referring to those other cars under 40k as new as well.. That's my deal man !

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 7/22/17 at 05:54 PM.
Old 7/22/17, 05:54 PM   #24
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT View Post
You brought up 2dr rwd sports cars under 40k as being competitive, not a single word by you was ever mentioned about used cars.. As I took your post as meaning that you purchased your 2012 GT as new..
and was also referring to those other cars under 40k as new as well.. That's my deal man !
Whatever man I'm done with this routine. You're obviously too dense to have a legit conversation with.
fourdegrees11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/22/17, 06:04 PM   #25
GTR Member

Quote:
Whatever man I'm done with this routine. You're obviously too dense to have a legit conversation with.
You're the ****ing dense one and perhaps if you had been more specific in the first place ? none of these misinterpretations would've taken place to begin with..

As for having a legitimate conversation is concerned, take a good look in the mirror at yourself !
Old 7/22/17, 09:27 PM   #26
Mach 1 Member

Good lord guys chill!

Of course used and new cars are both potential candidates for a build. And of course they can't be compared directly. And of course a potential buyer will expect more from the new car than the used car, with or without mods. This is why they need to constantly improve new models.
berzerk_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to berzerk_1980 For This Useful Post:
m05fastbackGT (7/22/17)
Old 7/22/17, 10:39 PM   #27
GTR Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by berzerk_1980 View Post
Good lord guys chill!

Of course used and new cars are both potential candidates for a build. And of course they can't be compared directly. And of course a potential buyer will expect more from the new car than the used car, with or without mods. This is why they need to constantly improve new models.
It's actually very frustrating when your not able to be on the same page, especially when the person in question isn't willing to clarify where they're coming from after it was brought to their attention several times
Old 7/23/17, 12:46 PM   #28
Mach 1 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
It's actually very frustrating when your not able to be on the same page, especially when the person in question isn't willing to clarify where they're coming from after it was brought to their attention several times
Gotcha Rocky. I usually just go both directions at the same time. We're just wasting time on here anyway, who cares if it's not efficient communication?
berzerk_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to berzerk_1980 For This Useful Post:
m05fastbackGT (7/23/17)
Old 7/23/17, 03:05 PM   #29
GTR Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by berzerk_1980 View Post
Gotcha Rocky. I usually just go both directions at the same time. We're just wasting time on here anyway, who cares if it's not efficient communication?
I couldn't agree more lol. In the end, all that really matters is that we're satisfied with the Mustangs we have.. So your right, who really cares.. We've wasted more than enough time debating an old thread topic that really hasn't been active in 2 years which obviously isn't getting anything accomplished to begin with anyhow.. Therefore time to move on
Old 7/23/17, 08:06 PM   #30
GTR Member

I honestly think that we're going to have another horsepower drop soon. I can't imagine someday someone thinking that 700+ hp is slow. Especially compared to an all electric 'muscle' car in our immediate future that will more than likely smoke our beloved gas engines.
Mustang Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mustang Freak For This Useful Post:
m05fastbackGT (7/23/17)
Old 7/23/17, 08:44 PM   #31
Fatboy Loves Fried!
TMS Staff

It's all moot anyway

Before long cars will drive themselves and if we dare to drive the car manually it will require special insurance and liability risks should we do anything wrong at all. Cars will be tracked and the government will easily be able to disable them remotely and without our knowledge and permission. It's not a matter of if but when.

When a car drives itself and there's an accident it will the manufacturer at blame as long as the car is properly maintained. Those that cannot afford cars will be forced into shared rides and varying degrees of mass transit.

We will cease to be an individualist culture as if that hasn't happened already. If you want a thrill you'll have to do it in the coming VR world.

I see the decline of the internal combustion engine as the beginning of the end. The government of any kind whether it's left or right doesn't give two ****s about our individual liberties and freedom. We will give these up for the greater good. "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or one."
And by those needs I mean the idea that the processor can drive the car safer and more efficiently than you. So for everyone's safety let's just take the car away from the idiot driver and put it in the hands of the emotionless, fatigueless, reliable, efficient processor chip. The government doesn't care if you have fun driving your car. Just like driving isn't a right. It's a privilege granted by the government. Along with about 99% else in life.
2k7gtcs is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 2k7gtcs For This Useful Post:
m05fastbackGT (7/23/17)
Old 7/23/17, 09:10 PM   #32
Team Mustang Source

Nope, after the nukes we'll be back to carburetors and ethyl for the next 100 years.
Palerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/23/17, 10:28 PM   #33
GTR Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs View Post
It's all moot anyway

Before long cars will drive themselves and if we dare to drive the car manually it will require special insurance and liability risks should we do anything wrong at all. Cars will be tracked and the government will easily be able to disable them remotely and without our knowledge and permission. It's not a matter of if but when.

When a car drives itself and there's an accident it will the manufacturer at blame as long as the car is properly maintained. Those that cannot afford cars will be forced into shared rides and varying degrees of mass transit.

We will cease to be an individualist culture as if that hasn't happened already. If you want a thrill you'll have to do it in the coming VR world.

I see the decline of the internal combustion engine as the beginning of the end. The government of any kind whether it's left or right doesn't give two ****s about our individual liberties and freedom. We will give these up for the greater good. "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or one."
And by those needs I mean the idea that the processor can drive the car safer and more efficiently than you. So for everyone's safety let's just take the car away from the idiot driver and put it in the hands of the emotionless, fatigueless, reliable, efficient processor chip. The government doesn't care if you have fun driving your car. Just like driving isn't a right. It's a privilege granted by the government. Along with about 99% else in life.
Gary, for those of us who are 50 years of age and up will all be dead by then and for those of us who aren't, might just as well be dead anyhow lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palerider View Post
Nope, after the nukes we'll be back to carburetors and ethyl for the next 100 years.
Heck after the nukes, there won't be anything left to go back to
Old 7/23/17, 10:36 PM   #34
GTR Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak View Post
I honestly think that we're going to have another horsepower drop soon. I can't imagine someday someone thinking that 700+ hp is slow. Especially compared to an all electric 'muscle' car in our immediate future that will more than likely smoke our beloved gas engines.
Unfortunately I have to agree about the all electric muscle car coming sooner than we think.. Sad, but true indeed