2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

engine compartment pictures

Search this Thread

Old 6/22/08, 02:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
engine compartment pictures

I sure want to dress up the engine compartment! The Bullitt is a special car so I want people to look under the hood and say WOW.
Show me what you got for Pictures please
Thanks

Last edited by LoudPony; 6/22/08 at 02:51 PM.
Old 6/29/08, 07:44 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by LoudPony
I sure want to dress up the engine compartment! The Bullitt is a special car so I want people to look under the hood and say WOW.

I thought the very same thing when I purchased my BULLITT. I wanted my BULLITT to stand out and look nicer under the hood. I have taken the BULLITT to one cruise. Before taking it there I thought my BULLITT would not look that nice under the hood since I had not made any apearance modifications. I wanted to get strut tower, intake & fuel rail covers painted Highland Green from Midwest Auto Gear to dress it up a bit before I took it to any cruises. I took it the cruise anyway. Six S197s were parked in a line next to my BULLITT. Every Mustang had Midwest Auto Gear under the hood. They even had the running ponies embossed into the headliner traced with a colored pen. Most looked like the picture below, except different colors of course.

This looks nice. But when every Mustang has the same product on it, it doesn't stand out anymore. Everything about the BULLITT's appearance is about "less is more". Trust me, the strut tower brace and cold air intake dress it up enough. Everyone was checking it out. I drove away from the cruise realizing that I don't want my Mustang to look like everyone else's so I'm not dressing it up under the hood. I'm just going to keep it clean.

C'mon. Just look at this. It just looks MEAN.

Although... I do like the factory looking strut tower covers offered through Moss. They will need to be trimmed to fit around the strut tower brace. I'm on the fence about buying this pair for my BULLITT.

To each his own opinion. I think the BULLITT looks better left alone.
Old 6/29/08, 09:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Midwest auto e-mailed me and told me that the strut cover for the ford racing double bar strut brace won't work for the Bullitt strut brace!
I have a custom Powered by Ford Plenum and fuel rails being painted to match the color of my car with Bullitt holes being air brushed on them . I will post them when I get them maybe next week
Old 6/30/08, 04:14 PM
GT Member

Did you purchase the strut tower covers? They should work. It is a Ford Racing STB.

"PLEASE NOTE:
We now offer modified shock tower covers that will fit the following strut tower braces:
Ford Racing Double Bar, Steeda double bar, BMR, Strange Development, Shelby GT-500, Roush
Please select a strut tower brace in the drop down selection below."

Last edited by newdy22; 6/30/08 at 04:16 PM.
Old 6/30/08, 08:43 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by newdy22
Did you purchase the strut tower covers? They should work. It is a Ford Racing STB.

"PLEASE NOTE:
We now offer modified shock tower covers that will fit the following strut tower braces:
Ford Racing Double Bar, Steeda double bar, BMR, Strange Development, Shelby GT-500, Roush
Please select a strut tower brace in the drop down selection below."
Ford Racing has two different strut tower braces for the 05-08 Mustang. The original M-20201-S197 GT brace is used in the M-2005-FR3 handling pack and on the Shelby GT/GT-H. The newer M020201-F V6 brace is used in the M-2007-FR3V6 handling pack and on the Bullitt. I think the Midwest strut tower covers fit the oriiginal S197 brace.

The engine cover from the Mustang GT apperance package fits under the Bullitt strut tower brace and looks good with the CAI and the brace (IMO).

http://www.blueovalindustries.com/pr...p?pid=99012869
Old 7/4/08, 08:59 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by LoudPony
Midwest auto e-mailed me and told me that the strut cover for the ford racing double bar strut brace won't work for the Bullitt strut brace!
According to Midwest Auto Gear's eBay listing the strut tower covers will work for the Bullitt.

"Strut Tower Covers will fit the following '05-'08 Mustang
GT, V6, Shelby GT, Shelby GT-500, Shelby GT-500KR and Bullitt."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-08...mZ280240222355
Old 7/5/08, 07:14 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I was their first one to buy covers for the bullitt strut bar and after sending me several different pairs, nothing fit. I'm in the process of cutting a pair to fit and supposed to send them back so they can use it as a template for this bar. I've been delayed on getting the project finished since the 4 bolts on the strut tower are currently up too high and even though the cover is cut, i can't fit the cover on. I need to either get these bolts lowered or cut shorter. I'm off to the dealer on Monday to see if the can do this. Once I get this done, they should be able to supply covers for this bar.
Old 7/6/08, 12:08 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by denlem
I was their first one to buy covers for the bullitt strut bar and after sending me several different pairs, nothing fit. I'm in the process of cutting a pair to fit and supposed to send them back so they can use it as a template for this bar. I've been delayed on getting the project finished since the 4 bolts on the strut tower are currently up too high and even though the cover is cut, i can't fit the cover on. I need to either get these bolts lowered or cut shorter. I'm off to the dealer on Monday to see if the can do this. Once I get this done, they should be able to supply covers for this bar.
The latest version of the Upper Strut Bearing Assembly has longer mounting studs. You might want to mention this to Midwest.
Old 7/7/08, 06:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Next week I should have my custom engine covers on my Bullitt . I can't wait to post the pictures
Old 7/7/08, 07:28 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 428CJ(R)
The latest version of the Upper Strut Bearing Assembly has longer mounting studs. You might want to mention this to Midwest.
The dealer said today they can't be adjusted and to feel free to cut them back without hurting anything. He has never seen the covers before and liked the idea. I'm off to get a blade for the Dremel tomorrow...
Old 8/4/08, 07:56 PM
GT Member

Strut Tower Covers Installed with Pictures!

The covers are from California Pony Cars. I cut and fit the strut tower covers around the strut tower brace. I intend to have the fuel rail covers painted Highland Green. I don't find the intake objectionable so I'm not going to cover it. The intake cover detracts from the strut tower brace plaque IMO.

Old 8/5/08, 12:56 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by denlem
The dealer said today they can't be adjusted and to feel free to cut them back without hurting anything. He has never seen the covers before and liked the idea. I'm off to get a blade for the Dremel tomorrow...
i'm not sure I'd cut the bolts down just for those covers.
Old 8/5/08, 07:46 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by RCSignals
i'm not sure I'd cut the bolts down just for those covers.

The only one bolt on each strut needed to be filed down about 3/16 of and inch to fit the covers pictured in my previous post.