The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Special Edition News and Rumor (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f734/)
-   -   Five Future Mustang Models (Satire by Car & Driver) (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f734/five-future-mustang-models-satire-car-driver-469971/)

TMSBrad 7/2/08 02:36 PM

Five Future Mustang Models (Satire by Car & Driver)

Click the photos to read the article:

Vermillion06 7/2/08 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by TMSBrad (Post 5593496)

:bad:
They paid somebody to make this chop?!? I'm no artist, but my Focus Pony was way better!!!

http://img702.mytextgraphics.com/pho...4asm2vkdq.jpeg:jester:

StangMahn 7/2/08 02:47 PM

the links arent working

wildstanglx90 7/2/08 02:49 PM

Ha! :nonono:

TheRealOne 7/2/08 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by StangMahn (Post 5593500)
the links arent working

Consider yourself lucky.

TMSBrad 7/2/08 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by StangMahn (Post 5593500)
the links arent working

Fixed

2005GTDELUXE 7/2/08 05:39 PM

The rag I rip through and throw back to the shelf. btw I like the 16 steel wheels. Why do they love to hate so much?

boduke0220 7/2/08 08:03 PM

The II II has a hood scoop from an 03 GT lol

Hollywood_North GT 7/2/08 08:19 PM

Wow, it's incredible that this rag can justify its existence at all churning out crap like this. I don't know which is worse: the editorial choice to run this tepid pig slop, or the quality of the 'pictures' used to illustrate it.

MustangFanatic 7/2/08 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by TMSBrad (Post 5593496)

Wonder if this one will pass "emissions"? :jester:

Technically aren't they Clydesdales so couldn't it be the Budstang or maybe Clydestang?

crewcutkid 7/2/08 08:24 PM

So...what was the point of this exercise? I'm getting the feeling that there are two kinds of people in this world... those who have a Mustang, and those who don't. I think this is a product of jealousy and severe cynicism.

Mebbe they need to own one, or two...

((ShocK)) 7/2/08 08:31 PM

Lol! Is this some kind of joke? :rofl2:

WILHELM 7/2/08 09:30 PM

I feel sick.

2k7gtcs 7/2/08 09:35 PM

I don't get it. Is this supposed to be funny? Would it be funny if I didn't own a Mustang? What is this crap? Really. I've seen these car mags lay some terds, but how did this ever make it out of editorial meeting. Mustang Malaria? I guess its funny that millions have died from malaria throughout the world. What about Mustang cancer while they're at it?

schoonover_88 7/2/08 09:50 PM

My lord..what were they smoking?!

m05fastbackGT 7/2/08 10:31 PM

Well one thing is for certain, I'll never subscribe to C&D again. As far as I'm concerned, not only did they just insult the Mustang. But also committed sacrilege in the lowest form !

2k7gtcs 7/2/08 10:38 PM

Erik Johnson is the author. May God have mercy on his soul, because my Mustang won't.

autothing 7/2/08 11:12 PM

At first I felt stupid for 'not getting' the C&D joke, but I'm glad I'm in the majority: this stuff is just really lame and a waste of the pixels on my monitor!

If you want to be funny and imply overuse of the Mustang's heritage, you take OTHER everyday things and slap Pony logos on them, junk like: cologne, shirts, caps, underwear and collectible Franklin Mint Plates.

Wait a minute... Oh nevermind! ;)

2k7gtcs 7/2/08 11:16 PM

OK so I read the article and the malaria car doesn't directly make fun of malaria, instead it makes fun of the Warriors in Pink car. So they do make fun of the "cancer" Mustang that was for a charity's awareness and benefit. So it does get worse.

DrunkenDragon713 7/3/08 12:58 AM

C&D probably just lost a ton of mustang fans...

GottaHaveIt 7/3/08 02:28 AM

They paid someone to come up with this Bull Crap I won't buy another magazine from them. but then again look at all the pokes taken here ? not nearly as distasteful.

tw0scoops123 7/3/08 05:59 AM

That was both fugly, and not funny. C&D, you suck!

GAGT 7/3/08 06:33 AM

Note to Editor:

This is car and driver not mad magazine..

You suck!!!

Tiberius1701 7/3/08 06:56 AM

Anyone remember the shot they took at a modern "Futura" a couple years back? A photoshopped Mazda 6 wagon-two doors on one side one on the other, bench seat made of scuba material and a cheap wood steering wheel. That was not funny either. I do not remember the dope's name who authored it, but they received a bunch of disapproving mail for it.

Poor sap was trying to imitate the brilliant Bruce McCall!

Black331 7/3/08 07:40 AM

How does this wretched tabloid stay in business?

You're better of reading a random car blog then C+D trash..:bad:

Zoomie 7/3/08 10:26 AM

I'm all for freedom of speech and freedom of the press, no matter how stupid. However, when exercising that freedom, one must be willing to accept the consequences.

In this case, I've canceled my CD subscription, and will never buy another copy. Exercising MY freedom of speech...

BlueDiamond 7/3/08 11:09 AM

(C&D)....they should seriously consider changing their BONG water.........I believe it may be a bit tainted....

SuperSugeKnight 7/3/08 11:19 AM

Here's two more.

The Mustang Double R
http://www.alluglycars.com/data/medi...ka-mustang.jpg

The Mustang Shelby GT-50% E. (android love bot optional)
http://65mustang.files.wordpress.com.../smartinor.jpg

05mach1 7/3/08 05:05 PM

If you guys are upset write to C&D them how you feel about thsese pictures.

1 COBRA 7/3/08 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by DrunkenDragon713 (Post 5593847)
C&D probably just lost a ton of mustang fans...

That happened long ago.

So Ford should bring back the BlackBird? What a fabulous and fantastic idea! :nice:

Perhaps Las Vegas might be interested in doing the upgrades. I would love to see Shelby Autos try to figure out where the firebird hood decal goes.

:jester:

WILHELM 7/3/08 06:50 PM

That was not a great article but I'm not going to stop reading that magazine rich of information because of it. They did say that in the beginning that none of the information is true but they went along with the article anyway.

project_v6 7/4/08 12:07 PM

:D I think the 4 cylinder version will be a reality....lol

Centurion96 7/6/08 11:26 PM

As I see it, the majority of the posts in this thread demonstrate what has happened to this country in the last few years. We have lost the ability to laugh at ourselves. we are now quick to be offended and demanding vengeance. Lighten up people it was all done in jest. Today's society is too quick to take offense and then it pulls a gun to rectify it's hurt feelings, When did we stop laughing at ourselves any why? When did we stop being human beings?

B:)B
Semper Fi
DaNang 68-69

Rapture 7/6/08 11:33 PM

I have said it before and will say again F MT, RnT,CnD:metal:They are anti Ford:banghead:

2k7gtcs 7/6/08 11:40 PM

I've decided they are just unnecessary. I used to read them as a kid to find out what was new and what was fast and what the future held. Now who needs them. I guess people in the stone age without internet, IDK.

jacostang 7/6/08 11:42 PM

Yep C & D no more......... I laugh at myself all the time but this wassn't intended in my mind to that, it was a shot at the Mustang and Ford..Period. Have you ever read anything on the Corvette like this? I have not, maybe somewhere in England or Europe but C'mon this was not even a bit funny especially the shot at the Warriors in Pink Edition, I wonder how all those effected by cancer would feel about that one.. It's shameless in my mind...

WaltM 7/7/08 08:18 PM

Very bad taste. It's horrible to do to any brand, let alone Mustang. C&D & MT have never been "right" since Peterson sold them and they were'nt that good to begin with.

poldrv 7/7/08 08:38 PM

I think I'll put my fingers down my throat now and bring up my supper. Thats what I think of these concepts.

jacostang 7/8/08 12:03 AM

Letter sent to Car and Driver

To:

Car and Driver Magazine<O:p
<O:p</O:p
Subject:<O:p
<O:p

The Five Future Mustangs we would like to see.<O:p<O:p

Gentlemen.<O:p

I just finished reading the article on the five new Mustangs and I must say that I have never been more disappointed in a magazine. The entire article is a complete bash on the Mustang and it is very apparent that your magazine has no positive opinion of the car or The Ford Brand. The magazine has sunk to a new low in my book and taking shots at The Warriors in Pink edition Mustang that creates more awareness and funds for breast cancer is very low. <O:p

If this article was meant to be “funny” well it was not to me and many of my clubs members who have been calling me all weekend about this article. Many were upset, some were angry but most were just completely disappointed. It is absolutely incredible to me that your magazine was able to alienate an entire group of enthusiasts in one giant swing, but you did it! Well done! <O:p
I am going to print the article and show all the members of our club, Who have not read the article yet, and show them just what kind of magazine you have. I am sure that the consensus will be to stop buying, reading your magazine immediately, in which I agree 100%. The article is now on many Mustang Forums and your reputation is going in the gutter from all the responses that I have read.
<O:p<O:p
I really don’t know what your aim was here but taking a shot at an American Icon such as the Mustang is way below the belt in my book. I’m sure whoever thought it was a “good idea” to print such an article thought it was very funny but to many of us it was anything but. What purpose could this serve? Let’s make fun of the Mustang! Wow that’s very smart….<O:p
In closing I want to thank you for making it very easy not to subscribe to Car & Driver ever again.<O:p
Thank You

<O:pDavid M. Jacobelli<O:p
President
<O:pCopperstate Mustang Club
<FONT face="Times New Roman">Phoenix, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://forums.bradbarnett.net/ /><st1:City w:st=<font face=" /><st1:State w:st="on">Arizona</st1:State>
<st1:State w:st="on"></st1:State></ST1:p
CC:
Mustang Club of <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1:pAmerica</st1:country-region>
High Performance Stangs
The Mustang Source
Legend Lime Registry
Black Mustang Club

crewcutkid 7/8/08 12:13 AM

Attaboy, Dave! If you could get some of their advertisers to jump ship, then you'd be really making 'em sweat. I think the article was, as stated before, in bad taste, especially the shot at the WIP Mustang.
-Jim

Indystang 7/14/08 07:16 AM

C & D along with almost all magazines are bought and paid for. I have not subscribed to any of these rags in over 10 years. It looks like they are trying to hurt an American company, Ford. I guess they just showed their true colors right here. Great letter David! I hope someone gets fired over at CD over this debacle.

WaltM 7/14/08 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Indystang (Post 5599692)
C & D along with almost all magazines are bought and paid for.

I'm with you on that. These rags are pretty much a marketing tool for whoever pays the most.

FordSkater 7/16/08 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Vermillion06 (Post 5593499)
:bad:
They paid somebody to make this chop?!? I'm no artist, but my Focus Pony was way better!!!

http://img702.mytextgraphics.com/pho...4asm2vkdq.jpeg:jester:

whoa is that real?

WILHELM 7/16/08 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by FordSkater (Post 5600607)
whoa is that real?

No and thank God its not.
Its just a good photoshop.

FordSkater 7/17/08 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by WILHELM (Post 5601004)
No and thank God its not.
Its just a good photoshop.

I think its cool looking

edcrbnsoul 7/19/08 07:04 PM

Ya like someone would drive a Mustang II II (Tutu)

http://www.tutubeautiful.com/Quickst.../ellenmain.jpg