The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Special Edition News and Rumor (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f734/)
-   -   2008 Twister (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f734/2008-twister-457801/)

FLAstangx3 9/17/07 12:05 PM

2008 Twister

have you seen this yet??????????

http://www.twisterspecialregistry.co...terSpecial.asp

Rapture 9/17/07 03:26 PM

I kinda like it:nice:

StangPower05 9/17/07 10:08 PM

Looks cool!

FiaCobra 9/25/07 04:13 AM

I don't like that "glassback roof" thing at all.

Would be alot better if they left the roof alone and spent more money in engine performance.

unnoticedtrails 9/25/07 09:43 AM

I like it but it's kind of busy.

AFBLUE 9/25/07 12:40 PM

For me they ruined the execution by putting the big twister decal on the front fender. To match the 1970 look it should be on the rear fender behind the wheel well.

burningman 9/25/07 06:38 PM

nice start but they missed the mark...I'll stick with my design
http://www.automotivestylings.com/fo...er_mustang.jpg

ShowGT 9/26/07 03:03 AM

I like it Doug!

07 HOSS Mustang 9/26/07 11:05 PM

shades of the Plymouth DUSTER!!!!!!

Knight 9/27/07 03:24 PM

dougs twister special for the win!!!

Sharp 9/29/07 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by FiaCobra (Post 1011223)
I don't like that "glassback roof" thing at all.

Would be alot better if they left the roof alone and spent more money in engine performance.

I agree. :nice:

Boomer 10/1/07 08:47 AM

Dougs FTMFW :)

rhumb 10/1/07 09:08 AM

Nice enough I suppose, but when is Ford going to quit dredging the bottom of the retro well for excitement and create something new to show the Mustang is more than the baby boomers rolling homage to nostalgia. It does have some genuine meat on its flanks -- a shaker hood scoop that actually, gasp, works -- but still is primarily a show boat backage.

Sure, reflecting a cars rich heritage is fine, to a point, but when it seems like that is the only source of inspiration, it quickly becomes rather stale and musty. It also begs the question: doesn't Ford management have ANY good new ideas? Judging by their recent performance, I'm rather afraid to confront that question. I think other companies have done a bit better in reflecting their heritage without seeming to be mired in it.

MustangFanatic 10/1/07 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Knight (Post 1013130)
dougs twister special for the win!!!

+2

I also agree with Rhumb, many of the latest offerings seem long on style and short on content. A Twister or Boss as styled by Doug would be awesome as long as it backs that up with a serious road race suspension and powertrain package.

1999Pony 10/1/07 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by FLAstangx3 (Post 1005972)

I like it. I think it looks sweet. :metal:

bob 10/3/07 10:02 PM

Is it just me, or do all these shaker hood scoops like a wee bit to small, sort like a 9/10ths shaker on a 10/10ths car.

bob 10/3/07 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by rhumb (Post 1015234)
Nice enough I suppose, but when is Ford going to quit dredging the bottom of the retro well for excitement and create something new to show the Mustang is more than the baby boomers rolling homage to nostalgia. It does have some genuine meat on its flanks -- a shaker hood scoop that actually, gasp, works -- but still is primarily a show boat backage.

Sure, reflecting a cars rich heritage is fine, to a point, but when it seems like that is the only source of inspiration, it quickly becomes rather stale and musty. It also begs the question: doesn't Ford management have ANY good new ideas? Judging by their recent performance, I'm rather afraid to confront that question. I think other companies have done a bit better in reflecting their heritage without seeming to be mired in it.

Gah... I think I'm in agreement - witness the Shelby GT/Bullitt clone. They seem to have adopted this nasty habit of raiding the same parts bin over and over (namely the FRPP paks) and just change the appearence a bit.

Just imagine if Ford would have taken the Bullitt and given it a bit more substance.

For the engine, they could go with a 3v 4.6 (7,000 rpm capable) featuring the FRPP CNC heads, topped with a variation of the Cammer 5.0's intake manifold. The could add a bit more compression, slightly more aggressive cams and retune the engine management for a bit more racey character, round out the exhuast with an X-pipe and unique to Bullitt mufflers.

For the transmission, the could just use the M6 from the Shelby and back it with the 3.73's they are planning to use.

Brakes could also be Sheby items modiefied to work with the 18 x 8.5" wheels, again shod with the Shelby front tires (255/45R18)

No need to stiffen the chassis, but they could tune it for more neutral handling, and maybe a slightly more compliant ride, given the additional rubber that would be on the ground. Also lower the car a bit.

Then round it out with the low key appearence Bullitts are noted for with maybe a slightly different interior package - more supportive seats would be nice.

Blip 10/5/07 10:56 AM

Nice one Doug, now when did you add the GT500 front?
I thought you had used the standard Mustang nose. :wonder:

I really like your graphic design too, more of a heritage look of the original,
but it doesn't overwhelm the whole car image.

Webba 10/5/07 11:07 AM

I know you get a little more goodies than the Shelby GT but $13k for this thing???? It makes no sense to me personally. I recall all the bashing of the Shelby charge so this should seem outright ridiculous to those people.

burningman 10/5/07 05:38 PM

Thank ya thank ya..I had the gt500 nose on it all along basically from day one