2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

Shelbyexperience.com

Search this Thread

Old 1/2/07, 06:39 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by amyb
...It was finalized as the Ford Shelby Gt500 by SVT. The Gt500 name belongs to Carroll 100%...

... please enlighten me...
I was under the impression you and your company comrades knew the answers, after all, emails and statements posted on different web sites do count and are taken by their contents. Your problem just seems to be with short term memory and topic convenience.

By your own company's admission the 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 is associated to Carroll Shelby on a name only basis, confirmed by your company's snubbing of early 2007 GT500 owners, confirmed by no work being done by Shelby Autos in Las Vegas, confirmed by your above statement, even confirmed by the TMS forum you chose to post this very topic on while appropriately and gracefully ignoring the GT500 forum.

The new generation GT-H and the Shelby GT are yours, the GT500 is not. Except for its due name royalties.
Old 1/2/07, 06:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
We are working on the tools now for this and the shelby Gt and Gt-H.

Amy
awesome! thanks for responding amy!
Old 1/2/07, 11:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are working on the tools now for this and the shelby Gt and Gt-H.

Amy
I hope the Shelby GT's have optional hoods...
Old 1/3/07, 03:37 PM
President of Shelby Autos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
I was under the impression you and your company comrades knew the answers, after all, emails and statements posted on different web sites do count and are taken by their contents. Your problem just seems to be with short term memory and topic convenience.

By your own company's admission the 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 is associated to Carroll Shelby on a name only basis, confirmed by your company's snubbing of early 2007 GT500 owners, confirmed by no work being done by Shelby Autos in Las Vegas, confirmed by your above statement, even confirmed by the TMS forum you chose to post this very topic on while appropriately and gracefully ignoring the GT500 forum.

The new generation GT-H and the Shelby GT are yours, the GT500 is not. Except for its due name royalties.

You know George, I have let the snide remarks go, but I wont the insults. You have an issue, I am sorry for that, But your continual insults and remarks have left me with nolonger wanting to even justify a response to you. I hope you and your Mustang are very happy.

Amy
Old 1/3/07, 03:40 PM
President of Shelby Autos

Originally Posted by crispy23c
There is no older SVT GT500, this is the only one, Amy...BTW, isn't GT350 owned by Mr. Shelby as well?

Hi Crispy, Carroll owns all the marks to the Gt500, Gt350 and all
Iterations(R, H, etc). He also owns Cobra with Ford and Daytona coupe and he owns the trade dress of the 65-69 Shelby Mustangs.

Amy
Old 1/3/07, 04:35 PM

... But your continual insults and remarks have left me with nolonger wanting to even justify a response to you...
Really? It appears that any non complementary comment becomes an instant insult. Pep rallies are nice but the actual game is always better.

Nice try at the smoke screen.

The "... even justify a response... " portion of your reply is another way of saying "I have nothing to repond with" and being in your position you can hardly be blamed. If you had the facts to refute any of my comments they would likely have be on this board by now.
Old 1/3/07, 05:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

You know people, Amy comes on here out of her own time, to answer questions, and do what she can to get the info out. The constant bashing of people on this site is what caused Acadian to leave. If you keep pushing, Amy may never post on here again, and that would be a BIG loss. Lets cut out the name calling, and the calling out. It gets tiresome.
Old 1/3/07, 11:18 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I swear this site is more entertaining than the movies some days.

Old 1/4/07, 08:19 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
You know people, Amy comes on here out of her own time, to answer questions, and do what she can to get the info out. The constant bashing of people on this site is what caused Acadian to leave. If you keep pushing, Amy may never post on here again, and that would be a BIG loss. Lets cut out the name calling, and the calling out. It gets tiresome.
Jeff! I believe for the most part we all come on here on our own time! I understand BULLIT1's point of view on his (2007 SVT GT500 ) and I would assume when he made the purchase it had Shelby emblems on it! so in saying that I would assume Shelby Auto's received some profit from his purchase!....Correct! Weather or not you or amyb like his point of view he is a paying costumer! who has contributed to Shelby Auto's bottom line!!....What is the 2007 Shelby GT... well it looks like a California Special GT with spoiler delete and a unique fake hood scoop! Other than the Hood scoop every component Shelby is bolting on is Ford Racing Development! and other than a trip to Vegas and some name plates what is there!...Respect is earned its not a right of passage!.. look what Roush has done the 427R ,PJ Salleen Edition that car is a master piece! Actually Shelby Auto's should be doing the singing and dancing ! not the consumer!...
Old 1/4/07, 10:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by blkstang06
Jeff! I believe for the most part we all come on here on our own time! I understand BULLIT1's point of view on his (2007 SVT GT500 ) and I would assume when he made the purchase it had Shelby emblems on it! so in saying that I would assume Shelby Auto's received some profit from his purchase!....Correct! Weather or not you or amyb like his point of view he is a paying costumer! who has contributed to Shelby Auto's bottom line!!....What is the 2007 Shelby GT... well it looks like a California Special GT with spoiler delete and a unique fake hood scoop! Other than the Hood scoop every component Shelby is bolting on is Ford Racing Development! and other than a trip to Vegas and some name plates what is there!...Respect is earned its not a right of passage!.. look what Roush has done the 427R ,PJ Salleen Edition that car is a master piece! Actually Shelby Auto's should be doing the singing and dancing ! not the consumer!...
Those guys also did not come up with those straight out of the box though. They came out with mostly tacked on stuff the first time as well. Yes, they had their own suspensions but they had time to plan. The Shelby GT was a car Ford wanted out fast so Shelby had to probably pass on their own manufactured stuff in return for speed in getting the car out fast. Who knows what SA will be producing 5 or 6 years down the road like Roush and Saleen. I am willing to wait and see what all of them will be coming out with, especially with competition on the horizon.
Old 1/10/07, 05:35 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome to the club George!

Old 1/10/07, 06:15 PM

Thanks Doug!
I know I can always count on your support.

Old 1/11/07, 10:18 AM
GT Member

Given time - I pray to god - that Shelby takes his time - and truely does a outstanding example of what a GT350 SHOULD BE...... Shock the automotive world with a car that IS TRUELY A SHELBY MUSTANG- I KNOW Carroll still has it in him... WE WANT a Shelby with all the Shelby goodies that made it such a stand out even back in the 60's a true boy-racer/street racer Shelby Mustang... With STANDARD features like a rollbar/shoulder harnesses, working functional side scoops, and t-bird taillights THAT WOULD MAKE THE CAR - A TRUE SHELBY MUSTANGS....

Then Shelby can justify adding the GT350 stripes and badges to a car that truely expresses what the name Shelby stands for SOMETHING REALLY SPECIAL - THAT BELONG IN A MUSEUM RIGHT OFF THE SHOWROOM FLOOR - BECAUSE - IT IS - A WORK OF ART... Make the car AGAIN a ONE OF A KIND automobile something that TRUELY STANDS OUT.... The 2007 GT500 is special - but sorry it's just a warmed over 2004 Mustang Cobra with a 68ish front-end and Shelby badges.... The Shelby-GT is the poor-mans Shelby, a admitted quick reply to the public's reaction over the GT-H....

Please Carroll DO THE GT350 RIGHT - SHOCK US - GIVE US A WOW car that people WILL BE TALKING ABOUT 40 years from now....
I remember in the mid-80s driving my 1967 GT500 down to the beach in my home town of Norwalk, Connecticut - a young man was walking on the sidewalk and looked up and saw the car approaching - he stopped dead in his tracks - went into a trance like state and pointed at the car and just repeat one word S H E L B Y....That is effect a 1967 Shelby had on people... Even in my early 20s I LOVE THIS CAR - I considered it a piece of ART....I loved washing and waxing this it just to lay hands on it - it WAS special....

Thats the kind of a SPECIAL CAR the NO ONE can put a price on.... And YOU Mr. Carroll Shelby can make that magic happen again - one last time for all of the million of loyal Shelby Mustang fans - the GT500, Shelby-GTH, and Shelby-GT got our attention - but we want the WOW factor - I want to again see people go into a trance and point when I drive by in my new GT350.....................Randy Anderson
Old 1/11/07, 01:51 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

You forgot to put "Mr. G.T. 350 Randy Anderson"
Old 1/11/07, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Randy Anderson
Given time - I pray to god - that Shelby takes his time - and truely does a outstanding example of what a GT350 SHOULD BE...... Shock the automotive world with a car that IS TRUELY A SHELBY MUSTANG- I KNOW Carroll still has it in him... WE WANT a Shelby with all the Shelby goodies that made it such a stand out even back in the 60's a true boy-racer/street racer Shelby Mustang... With STANDARD features like a rollbar/shoulder harnesses, working functional side scoops, and t-bird taillights THAT WOULD MAKE THE CAR - A TRUE SHELBY MUSTANGS....

Then Shelby can justify adding the GT350 stripes and badges to a car that truely expresses what the name Shelby stands for SOMETHING REALLY SPECIAL - THAT BELONG IN A MUSEUM RIGHT OFF THE SHOWROOM FLOOR - BECAUSE - IT IS - A WORK OF ART... Make the car AGAIN a ONE OF A KIND automobile something that TRUELY STANDS OUT.... The 2007 GT500 is special - but sorry it's just a warmed over 2004 Mustang Cobra with a 68ish front-end and Shelby badges.... The Shelby-GT is the poor-mans Shelby, a admitted quick reply to the public's reaction over the GT-H....

Please Carroll DO THE GT350 RIGHT - SHOCK US - GIVE US A WOW car that people WILL BE TALKING ABOUT 40 years from now....
I remember in the mid-80s driving my 1967 GT500 down to the beach in my home town of Norwalk, Connecticut - a young man was walking on the sidewalk and looked up and saw the car approaching - he stopped dead in his tracks - went into a trance like state and pointed at the car and just repeat one word S H E L B Y....That is effect a 1967 Shelby had on people... Even in my early 20s I LOVE THIS CAR - I considered it a piece of ART....I loved washing and waxing this it just to lay hands on it - it WAS special....

Thats the kind of a SPECIAL CAR the NO ONE can put a price on.... And YOU Mr. Carroll Shelby can make that magic happen again - one last time for all of the million of loyal Shelby Mustang fans - the GT500, Shelby-GTH, and Shelby-GT got our attention - but we want the WOW factor - I want to again see people go into a trance and point when I drive by in my new GT350.....................Randy Anderson

DAYUM, MAN!!!

You should know that what happens in Las Vegas stays in Las Vegas, and there are flights available.
Very reasonably priced.

Old 1/11/07, 05:00 PM
GT Member

Hmmmm here you are again Jester is this 3364 or 3365 posting...
Old 1/11/07, 05:58 PM

Old 1/12/07, 12:13 AM
GT Member

3368 Wow
Old 1/12/07, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Randy Anderson
3368 Wow
Amazing, isn't it?

You have every right to play with someone's genitals in a public forum rather than private messaging if that is your preference. It's OK, really. Ain't nobody gonna knock you.

I will pass on the Shelby Autos pep rally but comment on any Mustang issue I choose. If those comments happen to conflict with you or your Shelby master so be it.

Bon appetite.
Old 1/12/07, 05:52 AM
Closet American