2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

Shelby Upfitter Pkg price now on CONCEPTS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11/15/06, 01:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by backafter20
Couldn't you have the polished 18" rims swapped out for some CS67s in Vegas? Those rims aren't really priced too high, and if you're not paying for the polished ones, shouldn't be a big deal. Anthracite 18x9 CS67s on a black Shelby GT...
That would be a cool option, but the CS67's aren't yet available in 18" yet. Only the CS66's are out in 18". I really want those wheels too, and they can't come out fast enough.
Old 11/15/06, 05:25 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
and word Amy?????? Are we even Close???
Old 11/15/06, 11:51 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some questions about the order process as it pertains to the Shelby GT:
- Does the order in which one receives their “Vehicle Order Confirmation” (VOC) from the dealer, determine the order in which your car will be built? In other words, if I get a VOC before you, will my car be built before yours?
- What happens after one gets their VOC? Speculation on my part is that we wait until the rest of the info is in the CONCEPS order system, we add the rest of the information that is missing, if the order is complete and correct, an invoice is created, you sign a contract, the order is submitted to the factory to get built. Is this close to the process? Am I missing anything?
- What happens if my VOC has an earlier date than yours yet you sign your contract and get your order submitted to the factory before me? Who’s car gets built first?
<O</O
T82, HP, KW, 54U, 18G, 67L, 14A, 44L and ???
Old 11/16/06, 05:30 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Romeo46LV8
I went into my dealer today, and this is exactly what we found out as well. He happens to be just as big as if not bigger, Mustang nut then I am, but he was unaware of 54U package in the system - that is until we tried it. Where we became confused was to where the "rest" of the package was hiding at (ie. suspension mods, stripes, engine mods, etc.) that has been confirmed as part of the Shelby GT since its unveiling.

Understandably, some of the "optional" options where no where to be found (S/Cer, brakes, fog lights, etc.) as Shelby is still working on these, but we couldn't understand why the core package wasn't yet showing. We also figured the price given ($2,140) would NOT be the total Shelby GT package price as it only lists some of the smaller mods. It also seems like some options may not be selectable, such as the 'Premier Trim w/Color Accent Package' & 'Comfort Group'. We tried both in the system and both threw an error stating that they could not be ordered. This sucks a bit as I wanted both pacakges - hopefully the system just isn't 100% up to date as of yet...I must say I'm more confused than ever before by what we found out today.

However in the end, my dealer put my order into the system as an "incomplete" order - meaning I'm locked in to today as the order date, the order itself still pending additional information before the car is released for build - which I believe is what Amy was telling us we could now do. Hopefully the options guide is released to dealers soon so we can really sink our teeth into it!
Are you locked into any kind of contract without a price? Did it require a deposit?
Old 11/16/06, 05:56 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by mastersmech1
Are you locked into any kind of contract without a price? Did it require a deposit?
No deposit no contract. I am first on the dealers list and have a VOC in hand. Final pricing as well as options are not in the CONCEPS system yet.
Old 11/16/06, 09:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Placed two in the system today and I too am confused on the cost of the package.

Options not available per the email I got:

53b Comfort Group
54G GT app pkg
54c GT/CS (obviously)
63b Premier Trim pkg

It did not say 65a (Heated Seats) wasn't avail, but the order system said it was not applicable with the 54u pkg
Anyone else who ordered the cars notice it says 18" Black wheels?

amy
Old 11/16/06, 09:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

One more question...

Did they decide to go with the 3.73 axle on the 5spds and 55's in the automatic?
Old 11/17/06, 12:42 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by mastersmech1
Yes, and yes. I put $1k down on 8/18, just a few days after the announcement this car was coming to market. We signed the vehicle order form at that time, with MSRP written all over the thing. My dealer has told me repeatedly he won't add ADM to the price, and he is well aware of what the GT500's are going for - he bought the first one coming into his dealership with no plans to sell it in the near future.

I talked to him again today with no real updates. Looks like we'll just have to wait for Shelby/Ford to finalize all options/costs before the orders can be fully placed. I am in the CONCEPS system as of 11/13 as a retail order, so from what he tells me, I'm good to go. We shall see what the next few weeks bring, but with thoughts of rims, brakes, SCer's and more on the way, this is shaping up to be my perfect car!
Old 11/17/06, 09:00 AM
V6 Member

05-1947, I did see it said black 18" wheels in the system...which is why there better be other "options" available soon...else I'll be selling those rims before I even get the car!

Also, my dealer told me in the CONCEPS screen, when he input the 54u package, 3.55 gears showed up on the screen. I'm wondering if this is just "prep" for Shelby to install 3.73's?

Now the question I'd have about the gears is 1.) Are they really NOT installing 3.55s at the factory, but charging us at that time and at SA they will install something else or 2.) Charging us for the 3.55s, install them at the factory, rip them out at SA, and then charge again for other gears. We'll probably never know, but its a thought I had.

Dealer updated me again this morning, he was able to add SA as a drop ship location for final assembly, but still no further word on the goodies (suspension, engine, drivetrain mods). The package is still coming up as a $2140 package, and only with the mods that were previously mentioned in this thread.

On the lighter side, my dealer seems really worried about the stripes on the car - which is cool that he's just plain worried - but anyway, he was able to add (for trial/error sake), black stripes to a black car, but no where else does it say the car is getting stripes. I wonder when the rest of the options will be in the system...even those announced for the base car back in August! Next week being a holiday...I'm guessing not until late November/early December...
Old 11/20/06, 10:04 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
05-1947,
The reason the GT appearance package isn't available is so you can't have a good looking hood scoop. Shelby has to put the A/C Cobra scoop on the Mustang.

65 to 05 had it right about how the pricing will work. The Upfitter Package is simply the minimum options the car needs to start becoming a Shelby GT.
The 54U option is $2140.

Floormat Delete: $0
Spoiler Delete: $0
Seat Side Airbags: $380
3:55 Ltd Slip: $100
18" Alum Wheels: $850
Pony Center Caps: $85
D&D: $750
TOTAL: $2140

Everything that actually makes the car a Shelby GT is extra on top of that.
Old 11/20/06, 10:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

So i wonder after all is said and done, how much a decently equipped Shelby GT will cost (msrp).
Old 11/20/06, 03:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FRITZ
So i wonder after all is said and done, how much a decently equipped Shelby GT will cost (msrp).

Somewhere between $35-$36,000 is my bet. Sticker.
Old 11/20/06, 03:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The following information was posted today in the Shelby Autos Forum...from a Ford Dealer, not a Shelby representative:

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=305

For those customers who are upset with the slow information process, I can say that we just got our first information from Ford. In our monthly KC region newsletter, we got a copied hand out about the Shelby GT. It doesn't say much that I hadn't read on the net, but this is the first time Ford's given us anything since the inital anouncement, so hopefully more info will start to flow soon.

Highlights

Timing: Job #2 12/4/2006
Volume 6,000 units

SAE rated 319 HP

54U Package- Ford content at Mustang Plant
GT/CS based (Fascias/Side scoops)
18" Wheels- White gets Polished aluminum, Black gets new Black aluminum
Side air bags
Tire Inflator kit (ilo spare)
Bright aluminum pedals

Shelby Modifications
FR Power Upgrade package