2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

Shelby Upfitter Pkg price now on CONCEPTS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11/13/06, 01:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Shelby Upfitter Pkg price now on CONCEPTS!!!

I went onto CONCEPTS just a few minutes ago, and by using 54U, and the Shelby Drop Ship Code, 88WKH7, I got a price for the Upfitter Package.....

$2,140!!! Now, the print out only shows some of the contents of the package, and as Ford hasn't sent over info on the Shelby GT yet (full descriptions, and package info), the print out shows the following:
235/50/ZR18
Floormat Delete
Spoiler Delete
Seat Side Airbags
3:55 Ltd Slip
18" Alum Wheels
Pony Center Caps

Again, I don't have any writeup from Ford that goes into details in regards to the upfitter package. But I figured I would post this info, to help people out. BTW, the car I spec'ed out, was a GT, with only the IUP, and AAT, in a 5-speed. MSRP of this vehicle, $30,475. Hope this news helps some of you out.
Old 11/13/06, 02:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you so much for the great infomation!

With the data that you have presented, would it not be safe to say that the order will have to include the following to be complete?

T82/140A Mustang GT Coupe
12H - Floor mat delete
13D - Spolier Delete
43A - Seat Side Airbags
455 - 3.55 Limited Slip Rear
64W - 18" Polished Aluminum

Without the AAT, including the above, a Shelby GT would be $31455 MSRP.

I am also assuming a transport cost of $700, so make it 32155 MSRP.
Old 11/13/06, 03:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Floor mat delete??
Old 11/13/06, 03:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

The Shelby has custom floor mats, Floor Mat delete is a fleet option.
Old 11/13/06, 03:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by The Reverend
The Shelby has custom floor mats, Floor Mat delete is a fleet option.
Ah, tricky.
Old 11/13/06, 03:33 PM
V6 Member

Is the "upfitter" supposed to make a Shelby GT? If so, how much for the hood, suspension, and power pack upgrades plus badging?
Old 11/13/06, 04:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Monolith
Is the "upfitter" supposed to make a Shelby GT? If so, how much for the hood, suspension, and power pack upgrades plus badging?
That I don't know yet. I would assume that there will be a separate options list for customers to add to their orders. My guess, the options from Shelby would be on a second window label. You have the price of the standard Shelby GT, then an addendum for the additional options from Shelby America.
Old 11/13/06, 04:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thank you so much for the great infomation!

With the data that you have presented, would it not be safe to say that the order will have to include the following to be complete?

T82/140A Mustang GT Coupe
12H - Floor mat delete
13D - Spolier Delete
43A - Seat Side Airbags
455 - 3.55 Limited Slip Rear
64W - 18" Polished Aluminum

Without the AAT, including the above, a Shelby GT would be $31455 MSRP.

I am also assuming a transport cost of $700, so make it 32155 MSRP.
Michael, you don't have to add them separately. Those options ARE part of the upfitters package. Transport cost is $745. And the price you listed above is more than the one I have priced out, $30,475, and that included the IUP and AAT .
Old 11/13/06, 05:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ms. Amy,

Will the 54U - Shelby GT Upfitter's Package be:

1. An option in box that you check like 64W - 18” Polished Wheels?

2. A seperate sticker like they do with Steeda? Where the dealer can charge MSRP or more for the vehicle?
Originally Posted by amyb
There will be a shelby sticker on the car.
Amy
The process will be like purchasing a Steeda or a Saleen. A seperate sticker in addition to your Ford sticker. There will be packages and options.

IMO, dealers will profit from this, enthusiasts will be shut out again, and buyers will expect to pay far more than a Mustang GT.
Old 11/13/06, 06:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

My guess is that Shelby pricing will be similar to the following example I have found from Steeda. Ford has no control over what Shelby will charge. Ford will ship a $30k Mustang GT to Shelby, they will add there $5-12k worth of mods. Ford will ship the Shelby to your dealership. There the another sticker will be added and say anywhere from $40-52k depending on the additional options added to the base 54U upfitter package.

Locally you can buy a Steeda Q335 for $47897.00.
Doing the math, that is $29,235.00 FORD MSRP plus $12995.00 STEEDA MSRP for the base Q335 plus an additional $5567 for the wheels/tires and profit.

Here is the Ford Sticker:
http://www.cienerwoodsford.com/pages...HT82H875214739

Here are the Steeda Stickers: Notice the identical VIN number.

For $12995, Steeda gives you,

Steeda Cold Air Induction
Steeda 90mm Mass Air
Steeda Performance Tune
Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
Steeda Stainless Axle-back System
Steeda Sports Springs
Steeda Steel Strut Tower Brace
Steeda G-Trac Bar
Steeda Front SwayBar
Steeda Rear Swaybar
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears
Steeda Sidewinder Stripes
Steeda Custom Shift ****
Steeda Custom Floor Mats
Steeda Functional Street Wing
Steeda Front Splitter
Steeda Painted Hood Stripe
18X9.5 Steeda Ultralight Wheels
275/40/ZR18 Nitto 555’s
Locking Lug Nut Set

This looks very similar to the other list I formulated for the Shelby.

Ford Racing Handling Pack<O</O
Ford Racing Power Pack
X-pipe crossover
3.73 rear-axle ratio
Hurst short-throw shifter
<O</O‘Shelby GT’ logo floor mats
Custom sill plates<O</O
Authentication dashboard plate
Underhood tag<O</O
Silver LeMans-style racing stripes and side stripes<O</O
Front fascia with aggressive lower air dam and aluminum grille
Shelby Cobra roadster hood scoop<O</O
Chrome-finished 18-inch wheels
Unique side scoops
Larger dual exhaust tips
Shelby badging
Hood pins<O</O
Rear Fascia

Comparing the two:
Steeda Cold Air Induction, 90mm Mass Air, Performance Tune = FR Power Pack
Steeda Stainless Axle-back System vs. X-pipe crossover and Larger dual exhaust tips
Steeda Sports Springs, G-Trac Bar, Front SwayBar,Rear Swaybar = FR Handling Pack
Steeda Steel Strut Tower Brace = Front strut-tower brace by Shelby
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, Steeda Custom Shift **** = Hurst short-throw shifter
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears = 3.73 rear-axle ratio
Steeda Sidewinder Stripes = Shelby badging
Steeda Custom Floor Mats = ‘Shelby GT’ logo floor mats
Steeda Front Splitter = Front fascia with aggressive lower air dam and aluminum grille
Steeda Painted Hood Stripe = Silver LeMans-style racing stripes and side stripes
18X9.5 Steeda Ultralight Wheels = Chrome-finished 18-inch wheels

Steeda includes: Underdrive Pulleys, Functional Street Wing
Shelby includes: Unique side scoops, Hood pins, Rear Fascia.
Old 11/13/06, 07:09 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I went onto CONCEPTS just a few minutes ago, and by using 54U, and the Shelby Drop Ship Code, 88WKH7, I got a price for the Upfitter Package.....

$2,140!!! Now, the print out only shows some of the contents of the package, and as Ford hasn't sent over info on the Shelby GT yet (full descriptions, and package info), the print out shows the following:
235/50/ZR18
Floormat Delete
Spoiler Delete
Seat Side Airbags
18" Alum Wheels
Pony Center Caps

Again, I don't have any writeup from Ford that goes into details in regards to the upfitter package. But I figured I would post this info, to help people out. BTW, the car I spec'ed out, was a GT, with only the IUP, and AAT, in a 5-speed. MSRP of this vehicle, $30,475. Hope this news helps some of you out.
I went into my dealer today, and this is exactly what we found out as well. He happens to be just as big as if not bigger, Mustang nut then I am, but he was unaware of 54U package in the system - that is until we tried it. Where we became confused was to where the "rest" of the package was hiding at (ie. suspension mods, stripes, engine mods, etc.) that has been confirmed as part of the Shelby GT since its unveiling.

Understandably, some of the "optional" options where no where to be found (S/Cer, brakes, fog lights, etc.) as Shelby is still working on these, but we couldn't understand why the core package wasn't yet showing. We also figured the price given ($2,140) would NOT be the total Shelby GT package price as it only lists some of the smaller mods. It also seems like some options may not be selectable, such as the 'Premier Trim w/Color Accent Package' & 'Comfort Group'. We tried both in the system and both threw an error stating that they could not be ordered. This sucks a bit as I wanted both pacakges - hopefully the system just isn't 100% up to date as of yet...I must say I'm more confused than ever before by what we found out today.

However in the end, my dealer put my order into the system as an "incomplete" order - meaning I'm locked in to today as the order date, the order itself still pending additional information before the car is released for build - which I believe is what Amy was telling us we could now do. Hopefully the options guide is released to dealers soon so we can really sink our teeth into it!
Old 11/13/06, 08:25 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Romeo46LV8
It also seems like some options may not be selectable, such as the 'Premier Trim w/Color Accent Package' & 'Comfort Group'. We tried both in the system and both threw an error stating that they could not be ordered. This sucks a bit as I wanted both pacakges - hopefully the system just isn't 100% up to date as of yet...I must say I'm more confused than ever before by what we found out today.
Amy told me on the boards here, that she was told, and believes, that the Premier Trim and Color Accent Package and Comfort Group WILL be available as selectable options on the Shelby GT, but who knows? No one even knows yet if the car is coming to Canada or not...

I definitely want all those items, too, and wouldn't order a Shelby GT without them, assuming we can get the Shelby GT in Canada at all, which is looking increasingly unlikely.
Old 11/13/06, 09:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt

235/50/ZR18
Floormat Delete
Spoiler Delete
Seat Side Airbags
18" Alum Wheels
Pony Center Caps

Sounds like this is just the prep to send it to SA for the FRPP and additional Shelby options. Perhaps that is why you don't see the handling package etc on it currently. Now why the Premier Trim etc is not available no idea, unless they are still updating the system.

Old 11/13/06, 09:38 PM

I would take the $30,475 cost of a GT with the 54U code and then expect to see the Shelby sticker to look like this:

$1299 1. Ford Racing Handling Pack<O</O
$175 2. Front strut-tower brace<O</O
$709 3. Ford Racing Power Pack
$139 4. X-pipe crossover
$210 5. 3.73 rear-axle ratio
$269 6. Hurst short-throw shifter

<O</O
Interior modifications:
$230 1. ‘Shelby GT’ logo floor mats
2. Custom sill plates<O</O
3. Authentication dashboard plate
4. Underhood tag<O</O

Exterior modifications:
$360 1. Silver LeMans-style racing stripes and side stripes<O</O
$660 2. Front fascia with aggressive lower air dam and aluminum grille
4. Shelby Cobra roadster hood scoop<O</O
5. Chrome-finished 18-inch wheels
$185 6. Unique side scoops
$200 7. Larger dual exhaust tips
$56 8. Shelby badging
$65 9. Hood pins<O</O
$350 10. Rear Fascia

For a total of $35,382...then they'll add shipping to bring it up to $36,000

Obviously, these totals are guesses...one would think Shelby's cost for the upgrades would be less, but when you add in labor, etc., i bet it comes in at about $36K

That will be the base Shelby GT package...everything else you want to add at the Shelby factory (Supercharger, upgraded brakes, fog lights) will be over and above that.

I talked to my dealer today and so far I am the only person who has inquired about this car yet...as compared to the 86 people they had on the list for the Shelby GT 500. SHHHHHHHHHHHHH, let's keep it that way.
Old 11/14/06, 06:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 65 to 05
I talked to my dealer today and so far I am the only person who has inquired about this car yet...as compared to the 86 people they had on the list for the Shelby GT 500. SHHHHHHHHHHHHH, let's keep it that way.
Amen brother!
Old 11/14/06, 09:50 AM

$1299 1. Ford Racing Handling Pack<O</O
$175 2. Front strut-tower brace<O</O
Isn't the strut-tower brace part of the handling package?
Old 11/14/06, 09:54 AM

I ...then they'll add shipping to bring it up to $36,000
If this car sells for $36k, my wife will make me get a Vette or 335i.
Old 11/14/06, 10:05 AM

It sucks that you have to pay $825 for skinny polished wheels and $100 for a weak gear upgrade.

The BULLITT was a great value. The sum of the parts was far more than the cost of the package. It doesn't look like this car will have as much bang for the buck.

Still hopeful.
<STILL p hopeful.<>
Old 11/14/06, 01:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 68DARKHORSE
Isn't the strut-tower brace part of the handling package?
You are correct, editing.
Old 11/15/06, 08:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Couldn't you have the polished 18" rims swapped out for some CS67s in Vegas? Those rims aren't really priced too high, and if you're not paying for the polished ones, shouldn't be a big deal. Anthracite 18x9 CS67s on a black Shelby GT...

Quick Reply: Shelby Upfitter Pkg price now on CONCEPTS!!!