2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

Shelby GT on lot without upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 1/13/07, 07:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width=480 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=pageTitle>VIN Results</TD><TD align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE borderColor=#cccccc cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD class=pagehead1>VIN: 1ZVHT82H475285095

</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE id=tablegeneral cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 border=1><!-- Section for positions 1 thru 3 --><TBODY><TR bgColor=#cccccc><TH colSpan=2>World Manufacturer Identifier - 1st, 2nd, 3rd Positions </TH></TR><TR><TD>VIN Code:</TD><TD>1ZV</TD></TR><TR><TD>Assembly Country:</TD><TD>USA </TD></TR><TR><TD>Make:</TD><TD>Ford </TD></TR><TR><TD>Body Style:</TD><TD>Coupe </TD></TR><!-- Section for position 4 --><TR bgColor=#cccccc><TH colSpan=2>Restraint System Type (Passenger Cars) or Brake Type and GVWR Class (Trucks and Vans) - 4th Position </TH></TR><TR><TD>VIN Code:</TD><TD>H</TD></TR><TR><TD>Restraint:</TD><TD>BELT, ACTIVE, AIRBAG </TD></TR><!-- Section for positions 5 thru 7 --><TR bgColor=#cccccc><TH colSpan=2>Line,Series Body Type - 5th, 6th, 7th Positions </TH></TR><TR><TD>VIN Code:</TD><TD>T82</TD></TR><TR><TD>Vehicle Line:</TD><TD>Mustang </TD></TR><TR><TD>Series:</TD><TD>GT </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vehicle Type:</TD><TD>Car/Minivan </TD></TR><!-- Section for position 8 --><TR bgColor=#cccccc><TH colSpan=2>Engine Type - 8th Position </TH></TR><TR><TD>VIN Code:</TD><TD>H</TD></TR><TR><TD>Engine:</TD><TD>4.6 L </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cylinders:</TD><TD>8 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fuel:</TD><TD>Gasoline </TD></TR><!-- Section for position 10 --><TR bgColor=#cccccc><TH colSpan=2>Model Year - 10th Position </TH></TR><TR><TD>VIN Code:</TD><TD>7</TD></TR><TR><TD>Model Year:</TD><TD>2007 </TD></TR><!-- Section for position 11 --><TR bgColor=#cccccc><TH colSpan=2>Assembly Plant - 11th Position </TH></TR><TR><TD>VIN Code:</TD><TD>5</TD></TR><TR><TD>Assembly Plant:</TD><TD>AAI: FLAT ROCK, MI </TD></TR><!-- Section for positions 12 thru 17 --><TR bgColor=#cccccc><TH colSpan=2>Production Sequence Number - 12th - 17th </TH></TR><TR><TD>VIN Code:</TD><TD>285095</TD></TR><TR><TD>Prod Sequence Number</TD><TD>285095 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Old 1/13/07, 08:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question The Lost Shelby GT

Originally Posted by hi5.0
Future "collectible" Mustang! "One-of-a-kind, was supposed to go to Shelby Autos for conversion, but missed the truck!" Evidence corroborated by the VIN number.

If this was a fluke deal, do you really think Ford will let the dealer keep it, I suspect this car was ordered or promised as a Shelby GT to someone with a DORA on this.

It would be nice if Brad or Scott would send an e-mail to AmyB or Ford and see if they lost a Shelby GT somewhere between point A & point B.

No GT emblems on the side, Shelby black Bullits, and no spoiler if you opened the door I wonder if there was a floormat delete. I sure would like to see the Window Sticker with MSRP on this wouldn't you????
Old 1/14/07, 12:39 AM
President of Shelby Autos

Originally Posted by tapd117
If this was a fluke deal, do you really think Ford will let the dealer keep it, I suspect this car was ordered or promised as a Shelby GT to someone with a DORA on this.

It would be nice if Brad or Scott would send an e-mail to AmyB or Ford and see if they lost a Shelby GT somewhere between point A & point B.

No GT emblems on the side, Shelby black Bullits, and no spoiler if you opened the door I wonder if there was a floormat delete. I sure would like to see the Window Sticker with MSRP on this wouldn't you????

I checked on the car vin , it was supposed to come to us. That said, I don't know if this car is what it is said to be as I don't see that name on the dealer report. You must have the car come to vegas if it's ordered with the 54U, From the picture, it looks like it, but I have seen dealer who are making GT500 looking cars...... I will know more on Monday

Amy
Old 1/14/07, 09:32 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

The fact that it doesn't have holes where the GT side badges would be and that it has a spoiler delete would seem to indicate that it is indeed a 54U rather than a GT/CS or other modded S197.
Old 1/14/07, 01:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

The Mustang that was suppose to be a Shelby

Originally Posted by amyb
I checked on the car vin , it was supposed to come to us. That said, I don't know if this car is what it is said to be as I don't see that name on the dealer report. You must have the car come to vegas if it's ordered with the 54U, From the picture, it looks like it, but I have seen dealer who are making GT500 looking cars...... I will know more on Monday

Amy
Thanks Amy, a very interesting situation, let us know something, if it went to the dealer by mistake, will he have to send it on to Shelby or can he keep it?
Old 1/14/07, 01:51 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You know I like that look. I may have to revisit looking at the CS frontend again. The scaled back look did make me think of a horse of a different color though......

Old 1/14/07, 05:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the car looks awesome!!! Ford needs to make this an option. I'd have ordered it on my new GT in a heart beat if it was avail or I knew this could be done. Just not for what this crack head is asking for it.
Old 1/14/07, 06:01 PM
President of Shelby Autos

Originally Posted by tapd117
Thanks Amy, a very interesting situation, let us know something, if it went to the dealer by mistake, will he have to send it on to Shelby or can he keep it?

Spoke to fORD THIS MORNING, HE WILL HAVE TO RETURN THE CAR TO US OR fORD. opps, Caps, sorry

There have been a few cars that showed up at SAI, that weren't ours and there are some that are due to us that haven't shown up yet. the system is working thru the new arrangements. Also, the VIN doesn't become offically a Shelby till it is completed by us. When I spoke to Ford, they already knew about this car and was not happy

Amy
Old 1/14/07, 06:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

The 2008 Bullit Prototype

Originally Posted by Deric
You know I like that look. I may have to revisit looking at the CS frontend again. The scaled back look did make me think of a horse of a different color though......

Deric,

This looks green on my computer and no fog lights, is this the same picture from e-bay. This looks more like a possible Bullit Prototype.
Old 1/14/07, 07:01 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

When I spoke to Ford, they already knew about this car and was not happy
Oh well. It would have been a very popular order option if it was made available to the general public.

Can Ford at least offer the GT/CS with the spoiler delete option? That way one could get the look of the original GT/CS (via a CDC, Street Scene, or like ducktail) without having to worry about the spoiler holes.
It's a small but reasonable request

BREAK.

Deric's intent was to make the original Black car look like a Bullitt.
Old 1/14/07, 09:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
Oh well. It would have been a very popular order option if was made available to the general public.

Can Ford at least offer the GT/CS with the spoiler delete option? That way one could get the look of the original GT/CS (via a CDC, Street Scene, or like ducktail) without having to worry about the spoiler holes.
It's a small but reasonable request

BREAK.

Deric's intent was to make the original Black car look like a Bullitt.
Mark,

Did he photochop the front grill too?
Old 1/14/07, 10:08 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

See post #36 of this thread. http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...8&postcount=36
Old 1/14/07, 10:37 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah I changed the color and removed the pony and fogs from the grill and reflection in the bumper. It reminded me of bullitt when I saw the original on ebay
Old 1/15/07, 11:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

08 Bullit

Originally Posted by Deric
yeah I changed the color and removed the pony and fogs from the grill and reflection in the bumper. It reminded me of bullitt when I saw the original on ebay
You made a nice looking Bullit, I suspect this will be very close to what Ford offers for a 2008 model.

Old 1/15/07, 12:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Hahahahahah! I checked the listing, it says, "...The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing."

I wonder what that error could be??!? Hmmmm????
Old 1/15/07, 01:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

This car was ordered by a dealer who didnt know wtf he or she was doing Id assume. Just as when many of us got pricing from dealers and the idiots didnt include the Shelby charge. They just swwore up and down the price was right and acted perturbed we would question them. I think it is a riot and I hope this happens alot and costs Ford alot of $$.
Old 1/15/07, 01:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

What a Cluster!!!!
Old 1/15/07, 01:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Webba
This car was ordered by a dealer who didnt know wtf he or she was doing Id assume. Just as when many of us got pricing from dealers and the idiots didnt include the Shelby charge. They just swwore up and down the price was right and acted perturbed we would question them. I think it is a riot and I hope this happens alot and costs Ford alot of $$.
I've got a buddy who has a dealer willing to sell him one at MSRP, which they claim is around $31,000. I keep telling him they won't do it when they realize their price didn't include the Shelby charge. They have his deposit though, so who knows
Old 1/15/07, 02:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
What is the facination with this car? It has the ghetto interior and looks like one you send to a conversion van upfitter to turn into a fade-paint chrome wheel special edition... Its shouldn't be worth any more then a GT with the stripper interior down the road. If they had accidentally put the GT500 motor/tranny in it, then maybe it would be somewhat interesting. "Shelby" is basically doing the same crap that Explorer or LA West conversion vans does to theirs, I don't get it.
Old 1/15/07, 03:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by kevinb120
What is the facination with this car?...I don't get it.
I don't get the fascination of this car, or the entire Shelby GT freenzy. If they were a few thousand more than a GT on the other hand....

Quick Reply: Shelby GT on lot without upgrades?