2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

Shelby GT on lot without upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 1/12/07, 09:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The engine is still stock. The dealer obviously is not aware that the FRPP Suspension Package and the FRPP CAI is installed at Shelby in Las Vegas.

It appears to me that the dealer did this intentionally (ordering the uplifter package and not the drop code to have it sent to Shelby) thinking it would cause him to have something special. Although it is cool looking...it is no Shelby.
Old 1/13/07, 09:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Hey Brad

Originally Posted by TMSBrad
You can go to www.ShelbyAutos.com to check the VIN. This particular car should be on its way to Shelby Autos in Vegas!
Brad,

Where you or any of our TMS folks including any Ford Dealers that monitor this sight aware the 54U GT/CS Upfitter package could be ordered as an option on a 07 Mustang GT without sending the car to Shelby.

For those just wanting to clone all you would have to do is stripe the top and sides and add some powered by Ford Cobra Emblems after removing the GT Emblems.

You save the gas guzzler tax & $7400 in additional monies for the other upgrades.

Sonds like this might be a good deal if it is available to the general public.

What say you, oh most wise forum owner?????

By the way I love your site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 1/13/07, 09:37 AM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,188 Likes on 2,335 Posts
I ran the Vin, this is Supposed to be a Shelby GT it has the Spare tire Delete Option and the Inflator Kit. Looks like it did not make it to Shelby by the Pic!
Old 1/13/07, 09:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is not an uncommon happening, it seems like the dealer forgot to place the order with the drop ship code and is now trying make it seem like they meant to do it.

What I don't understand is :

How is Ford acknowledging an order without the drop ship code, and allowing a car to be built with the 54u upfit pkg without it.

I agree with the above statement, if you can order this without the drop ship code it would be a great option for those that want something different.
Old 1/13/07, 10:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

Question Sent You a PM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
I ran the Vin, this is Supposed to be a Shelby GT it has the Spare tire Delete Option and the Inflator Kit. Looks like it did not make it to Shelby by the Pic!
KC,

Can you order a 54U and add to the 07 Mustang GT Delux and skip the Shelby Drop Ship.
Old 1/13/07, 10:40 AM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,188 Likes on 2,335 Posts
Ok So if you ordered this you could basically get a GT/CS But Get the Interior Pak, Spoiler Delete, Black Wheels and Spare Tire Delete Which you can not do on a GT/CS. Sounds Kinda Cool! But with Limited allocation most Dealers may not want to do it!

KC
Old 1/13/07, 10:53 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

I'm very interested in this possibility.
Old 1/13/07, 12:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

The listing has ended. I sent the seller 2 messages this morning and I was the high bidder.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="84%">Hi, thank you for the info. The car is actually a Shelby GT, not a GT-H, (not a GT500). GT-H Hertz rentals do not come with 18" black bullitts. They come with standard 17" bullitts. As for the engine the tune to make the extra 19 HP has not been complete until it would haver gone to the Shelby plant. I have done a lot of reading about these cars. My ebay name is named after the the drop ship Shelby code. Thanks

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=white height=10></TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=white></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hi again, I forgot to mention the GT-H rentals are all automatic and come with the IUP.
Old 1/13/07, 12:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
Hey Jeff (05FordGT), are dealers able to order the upfitters' package and sell it to the general public without it going to Las Vegas?

Heck I would order a white one just to get the GT/CS front fascia and spoiler delete.
I"m sure you probably can IF you do not add the drop-ship code, but don't quote me on that.
Old 1/13/07, 12:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 2005GTDELUXE
The listing has ended. I sent the seller 2 messages this morning and I was the high bidder.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="84%">Hi, thank you for the info. The car is actually a Shelby GT, not a GT-H, (not a GT500). GT-H Hertz rentals do not come with 18" black bullitts. They come with standard 17" bullitts. As for the engine the tune to make the extra 19 HP has not been complete until it would haver gone to the Shelby plant. I have done a lot of reading about these cars. My ebay name is named after the the drop ship Shelby code. Thanks

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=white height=10></TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=white></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hi again, I forgot to mention the GT-H rentals are all automatic and come with the IUP.
So Rich, you don't intend to pay for this car do you? He totally misled the customers, since it hasn't had ANY engine mods to it. What did he say when you told him the engine doesn't have 319 hp, because the Ford CAI wasn't installed, since it DIDN'T go to Shelby? I'd love to hear this weasel of a dealer's answer to that question. He should be banned from Ebay for trying to pawn this off on someone.
Old 1/13/07, 12:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Ok, I think the big question here now, is can we order the 54U without the drop ship and basically get a GT/CS with a spoiler delete, and a regular ALL BLACK leather interior????? Because I think that is a very great option. And I am not talking about trying to convert it to a Shelby clone for cheaper either........it's just a better looking package than a base GT.
Old 1/13/07, 01:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, here is my thought.

I ordered 2 Shelby GT's (54u pkg) in the middle of Nov. (1 scheduled and built already), since then I have ordered 16 GT's that have been scheduled by Ford and the other 54U pkg just got acknowledged this week.

With that said,even if you could order this option without the drop ship code it probably would be part of your dealers allocation for the 54U pkg. Leading me to believe that you are not going to see or have have a lot of dealers doing this.
Old 1/13/07, 01:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
So Rich, you don't intend to pay for this car do you? He totally misled the customers, since it hasn't had ANY engine mods to it. What did he say when you told him the engine doesn't have 319 hp, because the Ford CAI wasn't installed, since it DIDN'T go to Shelby? I'd love to hear this weasel of a dealer's answer to that question. He should be banned from Ebay for trying to pawn this off on someone.
I love the car but no I am not going to persue it anymore. I put in an initial $20,000.00 starting bid. The seller never responded to my last messages today, just ended the listing. I am fascinated by this vehicle.
Old 1/13/07, 01:30 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

I just got back from a local dealer to see if I could indeed order the 54U package. The sale manager was unable to get the computer to process the order without entering the drop ship code for Las Vegas.

If someone figures out how to get around this, let me know.
Old 1/13/07, 01:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

I saved some of the pics

Old 1/13/07, 01:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

and another
Old 1/13/07, 02:53 PM
Bullitt Member

A bit off topic. I notice above there is a spare tire delete. Why does the Shelby GT have the spare tire delete? I figured the GT500 had it because the tire/wheel was too big to fit in the spare tire well. I thought the 18" bullit wheel/tire fit back there. It just a weight issue?
Old 1/13/07, 03:12 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by Tispco
... I figured the GT500 had it because the tire/wheel was too big to fit in the spare tire well. I thought the 18" bullitt wheel/tire fit back there. It just a weight issue?
Weight and different front/rear tire sizes are factors.
Old 1/13/07, 06:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Strange Find - Wonder what happened to the car

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
I just got back from a local dealer to see if I could indeed order the 54U package. The sale manager was unable to get the computer to process the order without entering the drop ship code for Las Vegas.

If someone figures out how to get around this, let me know.

I just posted the following to the Shelby Website on this topic:

You know mistakes happen in life, it occurs to me this is just an error by Ford. If the VIN shows enroute to Shelby in Las Vegas, someone with a hangover could have put it on the truck to this dealer by mistake or it could have been shipped due to a computer error.

Or it could be a secret plan by Ford to see if this option might sell as a marketing tool (LOL) !!!!!!

I wonder if after Amy's post someone at Ford gets a call and they ask for the car back. I personally think the 54U upfitter package is a neat option by itself.

Amy/Brad, you both seem to have the most contacts, how about keeping tabs on this post and lets see where we end up. What a story, kind of like finding a Cobra in an old barn

If it was a GT/CS wouldn't it have the fake California Special around the GT Cap on the rear.

Very Interesting, Just my thoughts.......... <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_2938-->
Old 1/13/07, 07:02 PM
FR500 Member

Future "collectible" Mustang! "One-of-a-kind, was supposed to go to Shelby Autos for conversion, but missed the truck!" Evidence corroborated by the VIN number.

Quick Reply: Shelby GT on lot without upgrades?