2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

Ordering Shelby GT

Search this Thread

Old 12/13/06, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordering Shelby GT

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to check in with everyone here TMS who has already placed an order for a Shelby GT. I have talked with 2 different dealers in my area who were absolutley clueless as to what the GT was and thought I was talking about the GT500........Both dealers told me they would take my info and call when the cars were in, which is not what im looking to do. I then asked about ordering one and both looked at me with a blank stare. For those who have ordered one already, what process did you go thorugh to educate them on the ordering process, or were they already up to par with their info? I am very motivated to place my order, but a lack of knowledge on the dealers behalf has stopped me. Any suggestions from the GT Faithful? Thanks so much,
Old 12/13/06, 08:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Tell them you want the 54U option, that is the Shelby GT. Unfortunately if they have not ordered one already it may be hard to get them to get you one. I would check with other dealers and see if they have already ordered one and if you can place an order for the next one.

Some of the other threads break down the whole ordering process for the Shelby GT as well in a little more detail.

Good luck!
Old 12/13/06, 10:23 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
FYI, No surprises:

Amy says MSRP is $35.9K http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.p...indpost&p=1945
Old 12/14/06, 11:10 AM

Thanks guys, I think I may have found someone who knows about the car and is able to order for me. Woohoo.
Old 12/14/06, 11:40 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Good for you!

Which color?
Old 12/14/06, 03:26 PM

You know, I was all set with Black, but after looking at pictures of the white, I may change my mind. The black is real mean looking, but the white is just so clean. This is the big question now.......... What to do, what to do. I have just a day to make up my mind, as the guy I am working with is supposed to call me tomorrow......
Old 12/14/06, 04:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bryan
You know, I was all set with Black, but after looking at pictures of the white, I may change my mind. The black is real mean looking, but the white is just so clean. This is the big question now.......... What to do, what to do. I have just a day to make up my mind, as the guy I am working with is supposed to call me tomorrow......

Remember...if you go with Black you are now going to get black wheels as opposed to the chrome ones on most of the pictures. Here is a pic of a black GT with the black wheels.

That is what I have ordered but not sure if I'm going to keep the wheels or trade them out for some chrome ones once it gets delivered.
Attached Thumbnails Ordering Shelby GT-17shelby_black.jpg  
Old 12/14/06, 05:51 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Bryan
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to check in with everyone here TMS who has already placed an order for a Shelby GT. I have talked with 2 different dealers in my area who were absolutley clueless as to what the GT was and thought I was talking about the GT500........Both dealers told me they would take my info and call when the cars were in, which is not what im looking to do. I then asked about ordering one and both looked at me with a blank stare. For those who have ordered one already, what process did you go thorugh to educate them on the ordering process, or were they already up to par with their info? I am very motivated to place my order, but a lack of knowledge on the dealers behalf has stopped me. Any suggestions from the GT Faithful? Thanks so much,
Thier inexperience may be your ticket to MSRP.
Old 12/14/06, 05:54 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MilStang
Tell them you want the 54U option, that is the Shelby GT. Unfortunately if they have not ordered one already it may be hard to get them to get you one. I would check with other dealers and see if they have already ordered one and if you can place an order for the next one.

Some of the other threads break down the whole ordering process for the Shelby GT as well in a little more detail.

Good luck!
Supposedly each dealer is only getting one. Then certain dealers will get another, but the second one has to be the opposite of the first one ordered. Such as if the first was white with a standard transmission, the second has to be black with auto and so on.
Old 12/14/06, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by 65 to 05
Remember...if you go with Black you are now going to get black wheels as opposed to the chrome ones on most of the pictures. Here is a pic of a black GT with the black wheels.

That is what I have ordered but not sure if I'm going to keep the wheels or trade them out for some chrome ones once it gets delivered.

For the time being that doesnt really bother me. I am thinking I may swap them out for the Razors, and add in the larger brakes. I have a list of Shelby mods that I want to take advantage of. CS6 Hood, Supercharger, Brakes, Rims....... I cant wait!!!!!!!!!
Old 12/14/06, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by mastersmech1
Supposedly each dealer is only getting one. Then certain dealers will get another, but the second one has to be the opposite of the first one ordered. Such as if the first was white with a standard transmission, the second has to be black with auto and so on.

Excuse my double post.......But Whaaaaaaaaa
Thats freakin stupid.
Old 12/15/06, 10:15 AM
GT Member

Is it set in stone that if you order a black Shelby GT - that you WILL get the black wheels???? If so that IS ashame..... I personally LIKE the chrome type wheels on the black Shelby GT.... At the very least Shelby should offer the chrome wheels AS a option on the black cars.... They look SOOOO MUCH BETTER then the black wheels on a black car... The chrome type wheels nicely offset the car's silver striping..................Randy Anderson
Old 12/15/06, 10:31 AM
GT Member

Amy - I asked before on this one - is their any new info on the chances of Ford offering a automatic on the GT500??? That would make for a rarer car, also not everyone wants to row the boat if you will, automatic were offered with EVERY Shelby Mustang from 1966 on....

I see the car is down to about 15 K over list price on average, I guess we still have about another year to go on getting a GT500 for list...
Ofcourse as you know from my past postings I'm the guy willing to wait another year or two doing alot of praying that the forces that be WILL SEE THE LIGHT and offer the sister car to the GT500 - namely the GT350 - any updates on the Ford/Shelby rumor mill on that one???? More than willing to wait for a truely great well balanced lighter GT350 RANDY ANDERSON
Old 12/15/06, 11:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Randy Anderson
Is it set in stone that if you order a black Shelby GT - that you WILL get the black wheels???? If so that IS ashame..... I personally LIKE the chrome type wheels on the black Shelby GT.... At the very least Shelby should offer the chrome wheels AS a option on the black cars.... They look SOOOO MUCH BETTER then the black wheels on a black car... The chrome type wheels nicely offset the car's silver striping..................Randy Anderson

I have been told it is set in stone that you will get black wheels with the black Shelby. I am with you in that I don't think I am going to prefer that combination when my car arrives, but I think it'll be pretty simple to get my dealer to switch them out for chrome wheels...as there will be plenty of folks who will want the black ones.
Old 12/15/06, 03:46 PM

I'd check wth the dealer. Mine will not swap wheels,radios, or anything. Says not our policy, but Ford's(lawsuits).
Besides, if you order the brake upgrade the 18's won't fit anyway FTI.
Old 12/15/06, 04:03 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by Docshelby
... Besides, if you order the brake upgrade the 18's won't fit anyway FTI.
Which size rotors are those?
Old 12/15/06, 04:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
Which size rotors are those?
Still trying to find out what size they are. I had a swap lined up to get the chrome bullets on my Shelby GT, but then I found out you have to go with the 20" if you get the brake upgrade.

I guess I will look at some silver or chrome razors now in the 20 size. I definitely want the better brakes but not thrilled about the 20's on the car.

Still working on options though.

Old 12/15/06, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by MilStang
Still trying to find out what size they are. I had a swap lined up to get the chrome bullets on my Shelby GT, but then I found out you have to go with the 20" if you get the brake upgrade.

I guess I will look at some silver or chrome razors now in the 20 size. I definitely want the better brakes but not thrilled about the 20's on the car.

Still working on options though.

Ive seen a few Mustangs sitting on 20's and it doesnt look awful. In fact my younger brother had a GT with a set of 20" Foose Rims and it filled the Wheel Well very nicely. Im not totally opposed to the 20's if it means thats the only way I can opt for the larger brakes.

Has anyone decided on mods yet?
Old 12/15/06, 09:00 PM
President of Shelby Autos

Originally Posted by Randy Anderson
Amy - I asked before on this one - is their any new info on the chances of Ford offering a automatic on the GT500??? That would make for a rarer car, also not everyone wants to row the boat if you will, automatic were offered with EVERY Shelby Mustang from 1966 on....

I see the car is down to about 15 K over list price on average, I guess we still have about another year to go on getting a GT500 for list...
Ofcourse as you know from my past postings I'm the guy willing to wait another year or two doing alot of praying that the forces that be WILL SEE THE LIGHT and offer the sister car to the GT500 - namely the GT350 - any updates on the Ford/Shelby rumor mill on that one???? More than willing to wait for a truely great well balanced lighter GT350 RANDY ANDERSON
I have asked and it doesnt look like there will be an automatic in 2007, 08 is still open, so who knows, no answers yet, sorry

Amy
Old 12/15/06, 09:02 PM
President of Shelby Autos

Originally Posted by 65 to 05
I have been told it is set in stone that you will get black wheels with the black Shelby. I am with you in that I don't think I am going to prefer that combination when my car arrives, but I think it'll be pretty simple to get my dealer to switch them out for chrome wheels...as there will be plenty of folks who will want the black ones.

Sorry Guys, this is how they come from the factory.I caution on thing, 20 years from now you might want those original wheels...

Amy

Quick Reply: Ordering Shelby GT