2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

Ordered Mine Today

Search this Thread

Old 11/30/06, 03:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ordered Mine Today

Just hung up the phone today with the dealer and finished placing an order for my Shelby GT. No, I don't know what MSRP will be yet, but I am talking Amy B.'s word that it'll be somewhere in the $35K range.

I went with the following:

Black
Manual
IUP
Dark Charcoal Interior
Shaker 500
Anti Theft
Lockable wheels
Sirius

Allow me a moment to stroll down memory lane a bit...When my Dad was 37 years old he saw a magazine ad for a New car from Ford called the Mustang and decided he had to have one. He bought his 1964 1/2 V-8 in Black and it was the last car he ever owned.

My earliest memories are riding around in that car and I have been hooked on Mustangs ever since---but never bought one until now.

There was never a choice for me I had to go with black. And, oh yeah...I just turned 37 years old.

I'm fairly excited. Dealer told me that Job 1 is December 4th

Now I've just got to save my pennies for that S/C.
Old 11/30/06, 05:09 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Congrats.....now the waiting game begins
Old 11/30/06, 05:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Congrats! hope the price is right
Old 11/30/06, 07:53 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Congrats! I hope you get it soon.

When you have a chace go back to the dealer and play a couple of your favorite CDs on a Mustang that has the Shaker 1000.
Old 11/30/06, 09:48 PM
2&2
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Way to go on the order!! Love to hear how your dad inspired you. Every time you start that car up you will think of him. I own a white 65' fastback that was purchased by my uncle new and I have owned it since 1971. I want a new Shelby GT also, but am waiting for all the bugs in the system to pass, before going to dealer to price. I need to know the exact price before I sign the dotted line.
I want a white one with silver stripes. I have often wanted to put stripes on my 65' and wanted them to be silver. The whole idea will be to have matching cars. I think Carroll Shelby has done a great job with this 07' Shelby GT. Love the way they ship it to Vegas factory, then you can pick it up there if you want. What a fun ride back to Nebraska that would be.

Amy B. I think you can relate to this post. The rumble of the engine when it starts takes on a new meaning. And it is time to smile! Thanks for coming to this site and posting info. If I make it to the Shelby factory and museum, can I stop and say hello.
Old 12/1/06, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
Congrats! I hope you get it soon.

When you have a chace go back to the dealer and play a couple of your favorite CDs on a Mustang that has the Shaker 1000.
I know that the Shaker 1000 is awesome, but I don't like losing the trunk space. And I'm so old, I can't hear most registers anymore anyway...

For the first several months, I won't listen to anything but he exhaust rumble.
Old 12/5/06, 08:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by codeman94
Congrats.....now the waiting game begins

Not really, I put an order in for a 5spd 2 weeks ago and it has already been built at Ford and it should be on its way to Shelby.
Old 12/6/06, 05:01 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 05-1947
Not really, I put an order in for a 5spd 2 weeks ago and it has already been built at Ford and it should be on its way to Shelby.
Quotes from the info dealers received yesterday:
Question: When will the Shelby GT begin production?
Answer - Production Timing
Production at AAI is scheduled to begin at Mustang Program Job#2, December 4, 2006, and conclude at 2007 Job Last. Production at SAI is scheduled to begin January 2007.
Question: How will the vehicle be shipped?
Answer:
Vehicles will be drop-shipped from the Mustang factory (AAI) to Shelby Automobiles (SAI) Las Vegas for Shelby GT modifications
SAI will ship completed vehicle to dealer via car carrier, contracted by Ford Motor Company transportation services
The delivery time will vary based on logistical factors, estimated 6-8 weeks from AAI gate release through delivery to the dealer.
It's going to be a little bit of a wait.

Posted by 65 to 05 here:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=57266
Old 12/7/06, 12:59 PM
President of Shelby Autos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2&2
Way to go on the order!! Love to hear how your dad inspired you. Every time you start that car up you will think of him. I own a white 65' fastback that was purchased by my uncle new and I have owned it since 1971. I want a new Shelby GT also, but am waiting for all the bugs in the system to pass, before going to dealer to price. I need to know the exact price before I sign the dotted line.
I want a white one with silver stripes. I have often wanted to put stripes on my 65' and wanted them to be silver. The whole idea will be to have matching cars. I think Carroll Shelby has done a great job with this 07' Shelby GT. Love the way they ship it to Vegas factory, then you can pick it up there if you want. What a fun ride back to Nebraska that would be.

Amy B. I think you can relate to this post. The rumble of the engine when it starts takes on a new meaning. And it is time to smile! Thanks for coming to this site and posting info. If I make it to the Shelby factory and museum, can I stop and say hello.
Thanks for the post. Memories are great, they are with you forever.

Amy
Old 12/8/06, 06:50 AM
2&2
GT Member

Your welcome Amy. Now go make us some Shelby's. Your team can do it. They have a good leader! Are you going to get to drive the first ones off the line? I think you should go out there and drive as many off the line as you can. And remember that smile when you hear the rumble upon starting each and every one..Memories last forever. Good luck with the production run. And remember to have some fun along the way. You guys are making history.
Old 12/8/06, 07:00 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Congrats! You wont be disappointed. I have a similar story with my dad...
Old 12/11/06, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by 2&2
Your welcome Amy. Now go make us some Shelby's. Your team can do it. They have a good leader! Are you going to get to drive the first ones off the line? I think you should go out there and drive as many off the line as you can. And remember that smile when you hear the rumble upon starting each and every one..Memories last forever. Good luck with the production run. And remember to have some fun along the way. You guys are making history.

you know I tell my team all the time that they are part of History, and so is everyone who buys a shelby

On driving the cars, I drove the first GT-H off the line, I let the production guys drive off the rabbits, its their win, they should have the memories too. I have lots of memories and everyday I get another one. I speak to Carroll twice a day sometimes more, and these memories will last the lifetime.

Amy
Old 12/12/06, 10:56 AM
2&2
GT Member

What an honorable thing for you to do. Sounds like a great place to work. And great leadership. Maybe some day I will be buying a 2018 AB/GT Special. Somebody needs to caring the torch?? Could be you.
Old 12/12/06, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by 2&2
What an honorable thing for you to do. Sounds like a great place to work. And great leadership. Maybe some day I will be buying a 2018 AB/GT Special. Somebody needs to caring the torch?? Could be you.

WOW!!!!!!!!! That will never happen, but thank you for posting it

Amy
Old 12/18/06, 06:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Does anyone know of somewhere I can find a Shelby GT 500 Order Sheet so I see what options there are if any? I am thinking of trading in my Mach for one, the dealer said they could order on for me if I want it!!!
Old 12/28/06, 10:29 PM

At 9pm tonight the first 34 car are in Las Vegas. We willstart production next week,

Amy
Old 12/29/06, 01:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by amyb
At 9pm tonight the first 34 car are in Las Vegas. We willstart production next week,

Amy
Now this is good to hear!!

Old 12/29/06, 09:37 AM
2&2
GT Member

Great to hear. I guess I will be heading to my dealer sometime this coming week to try to make my deal. Hope to see you in Vegas soon. Amy, how many do you guys figure you might be able to finish per week? How are the orders going on these cars? Will you be going to the Barrett Jackson auction?
Old 12/29/06, 12:06 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 2&2
Great to hear. I guess I will be heading to my dealer sometime this coming week to try to make my deal. Hope to see you in Vegas soon. Amy, how many do you guys figure you might be able to finish per week? How are the orders going on these cars? Will you be going to the Barrett Jackson auction?
I saw the number in one of the threads quoted at 40-50 per day. If you look at the numbers assuming 07 production stops on July 1 and a 6 day work week, there are approx 150 working days. Divide that into 6000 and you have to average 40 cars per day. Throw in some national holidays and lower production numbers for the first few weeks while SAI refines their production process and the average number goes up to the mid/high 40's per day.

Mark