2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

New info from Ford to Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 12/5/06, 09:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New info from Ford to Dealers

Ford just posted more info for the dealers--sorry, I don't have the attachments referenced.

December 4, 2006

To: All Ford Dealer Principals and Sales Managers
Subject: 2007 Shelby GT Mustang - Information

Background:

The following information outlines the 2007 Shelby GT Mustang program, which begins production as a limited edition this month. It includes details of the: product, allocation and production timing, ordering and billing process, delivery, and warranty policy.

2007 Shelby GT Mustang

Question: What is a Shelby GT Mustang?
Answer- Product Description
The 2007 Shelby GT is collaboration between the Ford Mustang program team, Ford Racing, and Shelby Automobiles Inc. (SAI). The vehicle will be produced at the Mustang factory (Auto Alliance Inc - AAI) as a Mustang GT and be modified into a Shelby GT at Shelby Automobiles in Las Vegas, using Ford Racing and Shelby components. This vehicle will be:

A special edition produced at limited volume
Available in both manual and automatic transmission
Limited to two exterior colors: Performance White and Black (Both colors include silver stripes)
For more detailed information regarding specs and key content, please reference attached Shelby GT Information Packet.

Question: When will the Shelby GT begin production?
Answer - Production Timing
Production at AAI is scheduled to begin at Mustang Program Job#2, December 4, 2006, and conclude at 2007 Job Last. Production at SAI is scheduled to begin January 2007.

Question: How will the Shelby GT Mustang be allocated?
Answer - Allocation and Distribution
Allocation Method:

One (1) unit allocated per interested Ford Division Car Dealership
Remainder of production to be allocated based on Share of Nation – 2005/06 Mustang retail sales
Please note - individual dealer order questions should be directed to your Ford Division zone mgr
Question: Are there any commodity constraints?
Answer – Manual and Automatic Transmissions

Due to commodity constraint on manual transmissions, dealers that earn more than one allocated unit will be required to build the second of every two units as an automatic.
Manual- 50% (1st unit manual, 2nd auto, 3rd manual, 4th auto, etc)
Automatic- Free Demand
Question: How do I order a Shelby GT Mustang?
Answer -
The Regional Office will notify individual dealers when allocation is available for their store.
Orders to be placed in CONCEPS:
Mustang GT (T82)
Shelby GT Upfitter's Package (54U is exclusive to Shelby GT)
The dealer must add the following Shelby Drop Ship Code 88WKH7
Please reference attached Information Packet for specific ordering details and excluded options.
Question: How will I be billed for the Shelby GT MUSTANG?
Answer –

Ford Motor Company:
(First billing) On the invoice for the package:

The dealer will be billed for the Mustang GT and 54U option code order amount through their normal floorplan source (the same as any other Mustang that comes from Ford).
54U option (Shelby GT Upfitter's Package) will show on the window sticker and be priced at:
Automatic transmission $2,040 MSRP
Manual transmission $2,140 MSRP
Shelby Automobiles Incorporated:
(Second Billing) For the SAI conversion - Charged to Parts Statement

Upon "Gate Released" from AAI the Dealership "Parts Statement" will receive a single charge for conversion at Shelby in Las Vegas
Final Pricing will be released December, initial charges will begin in January 2007
Charge will appear under the "Miscellaneous" section of the Parts Statement as a separate line item, and will include the vehicle I.D./ Contact Number/ Total Billing
Question: How will the vehicle be identified as a Shelby GT Mustang?
Answer -

Monroni Label will show the Mustang GT with Shelby GT Upfitters Package
SAI modifications will be shown on a Addendum Window Sticker
Question: How will the vehicle be shipped?
Answer:

Vehicles will be drop-shipped from the Mustang factory (AAI) to Shelby Automobiles (SAI) Las Vegas for Shelby GT modifications
SAI will ship completed vehicle to dealer via car carrier, contracted by Ford Motor Company transportation services
The delivery time will vary based on logistical factors, estimated 6-8 weeks from AAI gate release through delivery to the dealer
Dealer will be responsible for inspecting the vehicle for any transportation and carrier damage

Question: What to I have to do differently from a vehicle and customer delivery standpoint?
Answer - Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI)

Dealer performs standard PDI, submitting claims through the normal process
SAI will perform inspection of Shelby GT modifications prior to shipment
Issues with Shelby GT modifications identified by dealer at delivery can be directed to Ford Racing Warranty call center at 800-367-3788 for instructions
Answer - Customer Delivery

Dealer performs standard delivery process including Delivery Checklist
At the time of delivery, dealer must review the following with the customer:
Shelby GT Owner's Guide Supplement
Amendment to the New Vehicle Limited Warranty Form
Both documents will be located in the glove compartment
Customer and dealership employee must both sign warranty amendment form
Signed warranty amendment form must be kept in the sales jacket consistent with Ford vehicle sales document retention requirements.

Question: Does this vehicle carry the normal warranty for a Ford Vehicle?
Answer – Ford Warranty

Vehicle is being sold to customer with an amended new vehicle limited warranty (see attachment)
Customer signature on the form identifies that they understand vehicle has been modified
Base Mustang maintains its original Factory Warranty.
Answer – Shelby Warranty

Shelby modified components include a 3/36 warranty
Description of the modifications is included in the Shelby GT Owner's Guide Supplement. This supplement and the Amendment to the New Vehicle Limited Warranty Form are located in the vehicle glove compartment. Please contact Ford Racing Warranty call center at: 1-800-367-3788 with any questions regarding these documents.
Answer – Ford Racing Performance Parts

Ford Racing Performance Parts include a 3/36 warranty
Description of the parts is included in the Shelby GT Owner's Guide Supplement
Question: How does the dealership provide warranty repairs on this vehicle?
Answer – Normal warranty procedures

Shelby GT vehicle identification numbers can be identified through OASIS.
When customers arrive for service, the Advisor will be instructed via OASIS message to contact the Ford Racing Warranty call center (1-800-367-3788) for instructions and repair approval.
Question: Is the Shelby GT eligible for A/X/Z/D plan pricing?
Answer- No. Similar to Shelby GT500, this limited edition Mustang is not eligible.

General questions regarding this program can be directed to the Program Center at 1-800-xxx-xxxx.

Attachments

Shelby GT Information Packet
Amendment to the New Vehicle Limited Warranty
Old 12/5/06, 09:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank goodness this came out. I called over ten dealers yesterday and spent most of the time telling them I was not trying to order a GT500 but a Shelby GT. "Yes, we have already sold all are allocations as we had a waiting list over a year ago."

This will make it a little easier on the phone at least.
Old 12/5/06, 09:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

I hear ya brian. I have been through the same thing. Sales people talking like they know wtf is oging on and I am the moron. Then when they shut up long enough to listen to what i am saying the tiny bulb lights up and they go "oh that, we dont have any info yet"...its getting old.
Old 12/5/06, 10:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the info. No X-plan ends the dream for me. I was hoping for x-plan on the GT part and MSRP on the Shelby part. Now I am looking at a either a 07 GT/CS or a 07 Infiniti G35 coupe.
Old 12/5/06, 12:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had a feeling Ford was going to screw over the whole manual allocation deal. So if you have XX amount of people waiting, and all want 5-speeds, guess what....only half may get their cars.
Old 12/5/06, 02:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sadly for Ford maybe only half will buy their cars then. I know if I cant get manual I wont buy. I have an 06 GT now and want a manual. The entire circus with the Shelby and the Mustang in general is wearing. They never seem to learn do they?
Old 12/5/06, 02:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

What does it matter to Ford that Shelby's are ordered Manual or Automatic? 10k manuals vs. (5k manuals and 5k automatics), why the commodity constraint ?
Old 12/5/06, 03:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by The Reverend
What does it matter to Ford that Shelby's are ordered Manual or Automatic? 10k manuals vs. (5k manuals and 5k automatics), why the commodity constraint ?
Probably because they can't get enough manuals to make the total.
Old 12/5/06, 04:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Webba
I hear ya brian. I have been through the same thing. Sales people talking like they know wtf is oging on and I am the moron. Then when they shut up long enough to listen to what i am saying the tiny bulb lights up and they go "oh that, we dont have any info yet"...its getting old.
That is exactly what I have been going through! Except a lot of them at the end go, "Never heard of it." Sad part is a lot of them are the General Manager or the Sales Manager. I've been skipping a lot of the salesmen so I don't get the run around, like I did at first, "well I can get you in X car instead." No matter how many times I tell them that no I only want the Shelby GT they try and steer me to other cars, one even tried to get me to buy the Five Hundred.
Old 12/5/06, 05:18 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,189 Likes on 2,336 Posts
Might want to Wait for the GT-350. 400 horse I am told!

KC
Old 12/5/06, 06:37 PM

GT-350? Seriously? When!!!
Old 12/6/06, 08:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I am not trying to steal this thread but I have a question for either Kevin or Jeff concerning the definition of "dealer inventory" on this other thread.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...103#post794103

Does a special order qualify as "dealer inventory" upon arrival to the dealersip? I've always been under the impression that it does not.

Thanks

BB
Old 12/6/06, 10:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Kevin I would love to wait for the GT-350 but Amy has said it isnt set in ston eyet and is a wish list thing more or less. I am just caught between waiting or going with the Shelby GT. I was waiting for the GT500 but that got F'd up and as time goes on with the Shelby GT I feel that is headed there too. I can only imagine the BS that will come with the GT-350. Now if you have heard 400 HP what else have you heard, how good is the source, and when the H is all this going to happen??
Old 12/6/06, 10:49 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by Diablo72887
GT-350? Seriously? When!!!
As soon as you see Carroll Shelby and Barrett-Jackson holding hands leading cheers for higher biddings.

Old 12/6/06, 02:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Could anyone with the knowledge help me to help my salesperson order a Shelby GT? I have spoken to him several times in the past few weeks when info has been released on here and he has been unable to find any info on this. Today I emailed him a copy of the letter to the dealer and he hasnt seen it nor can he find it on his dealer to Ford secret computer. Could someone tell me where he needs to look to find this stuff. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12/6/06, 04:10 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Might want to Wait for the GT-350. 400 horse I am told!

KC
Ah crap! Thanks for complicating things for me Kevin.

Yeah wouldn't that be a GT-400?
Old 12/6/06, 04:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
Ah crap! Thanks for complicating things for me Kevin.

Yeah wouldn't then be a GT-400?

Yeah, a GT-350 sounds nice but I have waited already and the Shelby GT can be what I wanted starting out with all the extras offered by SA now. The only trick is to lock in a reasonable amount before people get stupid again. With the GT-350 I know I will never be able to afford the mark ups.
Old 12/7/06, 12:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

hello everyone, im new to these forums!

i am wondering how much are these shelby gt's going for?

$29k?
Old 12/7/06, 12:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

We are also wondering. It appears they will be iin the 33-35 range but who knows if the dealers try the ADM crap again.
Old 12/7/06, 12:58 PM
President of Shelby Autos

Originally Posted by Webba
We are also wondering. It appears they will be iin the 33-35 range but who knows if the dealers try the ADM crap again.

Guys, do not wait for a gt350, if it comes at all it will be a long time.

Amy

Quick Reply: New info from Ford to Dealers