The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2007-2008 Shelby GT (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f732/)
-   -   Need some more BRAKING Power so....... (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f732/need-some-more-braking-power-so-465605/)

Torrence 3/19/08 10:58 AM

Need some more BRAKING Power so.......

3 Attachment(s)
I got these.....

Torrence 3/19/08 11:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are the rears....

MilStang 3/19/08 11:28 AM

They make a HUGE difference. I tell people you can stop so fast that your fillings will hit the windshield.

;)

Torrence 3/19/08 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by MilStang (Post 5530883)
They make a HUGE difference. I tell people you can stop so fast that your fillings will hit the windshield.

;)

That's a good one and that's what I am hoping for.... Having a S/C with stock brakes could be the difference of life or death. You have to have BRAKES.....

JonCo 3/19/08 10:12 PM

Looks great. And again those rims look fantastic. I may sell off these rims I have now to get a set of those. One thing at time I guess

JonCo 7/21/08 08:01 AM

Question, since now I'm in the market for a set of new rims and brakes. Were those the largest brakes you could pair with the rims? I know Bear has a larger caliper set-up.

Torrence 7/21/08 02:54 PM

Not sure...... THinking of getting a new brake set up.... Nothing is wrong with these, but it's hard to stop throwing money at this car.... Since your in the market, maybe we can work out a deal for the one's I have on my car if your interested.... I maybe put like 600 miles on them. Let me know.

StillenMustang07 7/21/08 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Torrence (Post 5603231)
Not sure...... THinking of getting a new brake set up.....

Hey there,

If you are thinking of getting a new brake setup - you might want to consider the AP Racing setup. 6 piston front, 4 piston rear kits.

Just a little info on the AP Racing brakes – as a point of reference, in 2006 alone, AP Racing brakes were chosen by the series winners in Formula One (Alonso), NASCAR Nextel Cup (Johnson), Busch Series (Harvick), Craftsman Trucks (Bodine), LeMans 24 Hours (Magnusson, Gavin & Beretta), LMP2 (Maassen & Lohr), GT1 (Gavin & Beretta), GT2 (Bergmeister), GrandAm GT (Lally), Daytona Prototype (Bergmeister), BTCC (Neal), DTM (Schneider), WTC (Priaulx), Australian V8 Supercars (Kelly), P-WRC (Al Attiyah), British Group N (Higgins), and more. Also, specialty manufacturers such as Aston Martin, Bugatti, Caterham, Holden HSV, Koenigsegg, Lotus, Noble, Spyker, TVR and more rely on AP Racing as the brake kits they install as standard equipment.

Give me a call (866-278-8287 x134) if I can be of any help.

Thanks Much

Page

Torrence 7/21/08 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by StillenMustang07 (Post 5603256)
Hey there,

If you are thinking of getting a new brake setup - you might want to consider the AP Racing setup. 6 piston front, 4 piston rear kits.

Just a little info on the AP Racing brakes – as a point of reference, in 2006 alone, AP Racing brakes were chosen by the series winners in Formula One (Alonso), NASCAR Nextel Cup (Johnson), Busch Series (Harvick), Craftsman Trucks (Bodine), LeMans 24 Hours (Magnusson, Gavin & Beretta), LMP2 (Maassen & Lohr), GT1 (Gavin & Beretta), GT2 (Bergmeister), GrandAm GT (Lally), Daytona Prototype (Bergmeister), BTCC (Neal), DTM (Schneider), WTC (Priaulx), Australian V8 Supercars (Kelly), P-WRC (Al Attiyah), British Group N (Higgins), and more. Also, specialty manufacturers such as Aston Martin, Bugatti, Caterham, Holden HSV, Koenigsegg, Lotus, Noble, Spyker, TVR and more rely on AP Racing as the brake kits they install as standard equipment.

Give me a call (866-278-8287 x134) if I can be of any help.

Thanks Much

Page

Man your kit is EXPENSIVE.... Would love to go that route, but for that price I could get a new block with FORGED EVERYTHING....
Thanks

MilStang 7/21/08 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by JonCo (Post 5603045)
Question, since now I'm in the market for a set of new rims and brakes. Were those the largest brakes you could pair with the rims? I know Bear has a larger caliper set-up.

Yes, I have the extreme baer brake kit and I was limited with wheel choices too. Not sure if the above wheels will fit over them or not. At the time I went with the Razors to fit over the 6 piston ones in the front.

08SGT1977 7/30/08 06:52 AM

Torrence, Nice mod and gosh I love those wheels.

JonCo - that's a great looking hood too!

poldrv 7/30/08 07:01 AM

Looks great! Can you tell me the cost?

Torrence 11/12/08 05:45 PM

Cost was $1400.00 for the front.