2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

Ford Listened to my request Las Vegas pickup!

Search this Thread

Old 12/5/06, 07:17 PM
President of Shelby Autos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by swa737
Amy

Do you know if the supercharger will be compatible with the automatic transmission?

yes, it will be compatible

Amy
Old 12/5/06, 10:04 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amy

Thanks for the info! I have a black automatic on order and plan on the LAS pickup. Really cool stuff!

You have mentioned that the Supercharger will be available for folks who pickup their cars in LAS. A couple of questions...1) Will the warrantee still be valid? 2) Do we pay Shelby separately for this or through Ford? 3) Do you have a better feeling on what the HP rating will be?

Thanks for all the help and patience!
Greg
Old 12/8/06, 10:03 PM
V6 Member

Amy, as always, I appreciate the information! (previous post, too much to quote). It is certainly making this process much easier to digest. I'm going tomorrow morning to release my SGT in the Ford ordering system for manufacturing.

So, I guess the biggest question that I have left, is how does all of this work? What is the work flow to follow in order for you to keep my SGT and do additional work? I'm going to take a guess at the process:
-Order car through Ford Dealer as Shelby GT
-Obtain VIN and other vehicle information that ID's your car is being built.
-Pay Ford Dealer
-Call the Shelby Shop and say "I have a Shelby GT, I want X options installed additionally...don't ship it to the dealer, I'll pick it up."
-Pay Shelby
-Pick up car in Las Vegas

Any where near reality? Also, what happens if say, the 'base' SGT is done and ready in say late January, but you won't be able to install the other options until, say March? Do you store the car until that time?

Well...I guess that turned out to be quite a few more questions than one or two. Anything feedback/input you provide would be most appreciated. Thanks once again!

-Matt
Old 12/11/06, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by Romeo46LV8
Amy, as always, I appreciate the information! (previous post, too much to quote). It is certainly making this process much easier to digest. I'm going tomorrow morning to release my SGT in the Ford ordering system for manufacturing.

So, I guess the biggest question that I have left, is how does all of this work? What is the work flow to follow in order for you to keep my SGT and do additional work? I'm going to take a guess at the process:
-Order car through Ford Dealer as Shelby GT
-Obtain VIN and other vehicle information that ID's your car is being built.
-Pay Ford Dealer
-Call the Shelby Shop and say "I have a Shelby GT, I want X options installed additionally...don't ship it to the dealer, I'll pick it up."
-Pay Shelby
-Pick up car in Las Vegas

Any where near reality? Also, what happens if say, the 'base' SGT is done and ready in say late January, but you won't be able to install the other options until, say March? Do you store the car until that time?

Well...I guess that turned out to be quite a few more questions than one or two. Anything feedback/input you provide would be most appreciated. Thanks once again!

-Matt

Hi Matt, I believe that will be pretty close. I think you will pay the dealer, he will give you the temp tag and papers, you pick up car in vegas, if parts arent ready, we will store for you

Amy
Old 12/11/06, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by swa737
Amy

Thanks for the info! I have a black automatic on order and plan on the LAS pickup. Really cool stuff!

You have mentioned that the Supercharger will be available for folks who pickup their cars in LAS. A couple of questions...1) Will the warrantee still be valid? 2) Do we pay Shelby separately for this or through Ford? 3) Do you have a better feeling on what the HP rating will be?

Thanks for all the help and patience!
Greg
On the 06 the HP was 485, we are waiting for the final on the 07 from paxton and FFRP. I dont know but assume they will be close. Yes, you will pay us when you pick up the car.

Amy
Old 12/11/06, 11:01 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by amyb
Hi Matt, I believe that will be pretty close. I think you will pay the dealer, he will give you the temp tag and papers, you pick up car in vegas, if parts arent ready, we will store for you

Amy
Hi Amy, I figured it would be sort of close to the process, probably with some tweaks here and there.

As of Saturday, I have my car ordered through my dealership and mentioned to him the process of picking it up in Vegas rather than at his dealership.

So...what's the next step?

I do not want it shipped to my dealer and I DO want to add additional options to the car (S/Cer, brakes, exterior/interior appointments, just to name a few). Is there someone at Shebly I can speak with about the process, options, and making sure my car is not shipped out of Vegas once it arrives for its SGT treatment?

Also, when do you think the final pricing on options will be released? I'm ready to order a good number of options, but will need final pricing before I do. Thanks once again!!

-Matt
Old 12/12/06, 09:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Ditto with what he said...

Old 12/12/06, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Romeo46LV8
Hi Amy, I figured it would be sort of close to the process, probably with some tweaks here and there.

As of Saturday, I have my car ordered through my dealership and mentioned to him the process of picking it up in Vegas rather than at his dealership.

So...what's the next step?

I do not want it shipped to my dealer and I DO want to add additional options to the car (S/Cer, brakes, exterior/interior appointments, just to name a few). Is there someone at Shebly I can speak with about the process, options, and making sure my car is not shipped out of Vegas once it arrives for its SGT treatment?

Also, when do you think the final pricing on options will be released? I'm ready to order a good number of options, but will need final pricing before I do. Thanks once again!!

-Matt
Hi Matt, here is the plan, I know many are placing orders right now. But since we haven't started to build them yet, We expect since this was approved that the dealers are notified and in turn the customers are notified. But I will let you know as soon as I do

Amy