The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/)
-   -   Washed and Waxed...and ready to put away for the Winter (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/washed-waxed-ready-put-away-winter-473153/)

jeffvistagtcs 10/1/08 04:55 AM

Washed and Waxed...and ready to put away for the Winter

2 Attachment(s)
I got this car in January and started driving it in May (due to the weather), and I put 2,200 miles on it this year. I have had a great time driving it, but soon it will be time to put her away for 5 months (November thru April). I wish I could enjoy the GT/CS all year! :nice:

Glenn 10/1/08 05:49 AM

shore is a purty car... You have some more driving time before it snows.

69CaliStang 10/1/08 10:32 AM

DAMN thats nice!!!

Nice car...:nice: I am waiting for mine to come in next month!!! :banana:

adrenalin 10/1/08 10:34 AM

I always hate this time of year. My car will be put away in 30 days (yes I am counting). The weather is crap right now so that makes it even less time in the car. Just like you, I put mine away on the last day of October and take it back out in April. 5 of the most depressing months of the year as far as I am concerned.

houtex 10/1/08 12:23 PM

Well... you guys could always move... just not here. We got plenty. More than our share, ya ask me.... but that's for another thread. :)

/ooh, maybe summer homes? :D

CatmanJJ 10/1/08 12:25 PM

Looks awesome, gonna have to give mine one more good wash and wax before the winter hits as well.

n8rfastback 10/1/08 04:16 PM

sure enough in 40 years yours will be one of the very few barn finds where the stang has like 20k on it and is in mint condition but 40 years old!!!!

lol

GrnT 10/1/08 05:05 PM

You car looks great.
Ill drive as long as the salt doesn't go down.
This thread is so depressing but true :banghead:
It gets colder by the day.

GRAYPNY 10/1/08 05:42 PM

Looks great Jeff. I guess it's nice to live in a state where you can drive your car 12 months a year.

denlem 10/1/08 05:56 PM

I'm looking at about 6 more weeks of driving. Picked it up in March and have 6700 miles on it. Jeff did my tracking for me! Been a rainy summer here with rainfall on 50% of the summer days, so I may even have more miles on it. Even at 6700, it's more than I expected to put on it. It's definately a head turner. I've been in 2 shows. Won a top 50 trophy in one show, and 1st place in my class in the other. Not bad for a stock car. I'm already looking forward to the next 'driving season'.

08GTCandyApple 10/1/08 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by GrnT (Post 5645996)
You car looks great.
Ill drive as long as the salt doesn't go down.
This thread is so depressing but true :banghead:
It gets colder by the day.

:agree: Mine is driven all year, unless there is a salt or snow on the roads, we don't get a lot but we get our fair share here. I wish I could move to a warm climate.

pilatti1 10/1/08 08:53 PM

I have a daily driver in CT and really hate to see the great weather go and that crappy white stuff coming soon.

Car looks great :nice:

jaywill 10/1/08 09:21 PM

I just picked up my vapor GT/cs today and I can't imagine putting it away for the winter. It is unbelievable. I do have a have truck for the really bad days but I will be driving the Stang any and everyday possible.:)

officespace56 10/1/08 09:43 PM

Wow I want a CS front end...:drool:

StangMahn 10/1/08 09:43 PM

jeff, that is gorgeous!

jeffvistagtcs 10/2/08 04:47 AM

Summer car

I wish I could drive my GT/CS all year round, but the nice thing about putting it in storage is its like getting a new car ever Spring when I get it out of storage. Plus it keeps the miles lower.:nice:

GT/CS2008 10/3/08 07:59 AM

By talking of winterized my gt/cs what's you guys proposed to do before putting her to rest for five months :doh:

GT/CS2008 10/3/08 08:02 AM

By talking of winterized my gt/cs what's you guys proposed to do before putting her to rest for five months ´
Somes are saying to change oil before storing, others saying after, inflate tire up to ten pounds etc...BTW she will be in a heated garage
Thanks

DaddyJ 10/4/08 08:22 AM

I live in a warmer clime and its a daily driver.

I enjoy it every day, even when I'm not driving it....

The miles do add up though, sometimes at a quicker rate then normal...;)

CalStang'07 10/9/08 08:57 AM

"Feel Your Pain Sir"

Sir Jeff: Wow your GT/CS is so very sharp looking in the Blue W/Black Stripes!! I feel your pain about when we have to again put our own CalStang away for the coming Winter! But the good side of this is no salt, no crud and no rust ever!! Thats well almost like getting a brand new Mustang each and every Spring!! :banana: We will continue to cruise and zoom around until that very first snow flake hits the ground! :burnout:

Another question for you Sir. If I remember correctly, you stated that you too are a fellow design engineer? Working in Ford's truck division? Did I get that right? If so, I'm wondering if we can get any access to the build dates for the 2009 Escape Hybrid, that the Mrs. had ordered this last June? Is this done just like we can do for the Mustang builds? Or do I have to go out to our own Ford Dealship here for that privi-info? Any help or direction would be well received. As the Mrs. is now getting pretty excited, with the waiting for her new 2009 Escape Hybrid to arrive here in (dealer proposed) late in December. :dunno: CalStang