The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/)
-   -   Vista Blue GT/CS coupe wanting stripes and opinions (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/vista-blue-gt-cs-coupe-wanting-stripes-opinions-438930/)

Leeroy 8/13/06 03:44 PM

Vista Blue GT/CS coupe wanting stripes and opinions

I'm very new here, on 07/25 I picked up my GT/CS with the GT appearance package. I want to put 10" stripes on but not sure of the color. Should I go with black like the factory decal, or whites (antique or gloss white), or silver?
I would value your opinions greatly on this subject.

AFBLUE 8/13/06 03:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Silver. Also would look sharp to have silver side stripe replacements for the factory GT/CS stripes. Quick photoshop.

HOTLAP 8/13/06 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
Silver. Also would look sharp to have silver side stripe replacements for the factory GT/CS stripes. Quick photoshop.

AFBlue - very NICE....that makes all the difference!! Do you suppose I could ask a favor and have you "photoshop" a silver and also a white stripe on a black GT/CS vert? I'm not very adept at photoshop - thanks!!

What a hugh difference the stripe color makes.....I was thinking that the stripe that the Shelby GT 500 has (Lemans?) would be sweet on the GT/CS - only with the GT/CS rather than the GT 500 of course.:nice:

AFBLUE 8/13/06 05:35 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here you go.

Dougxox 8/13/06 06:15 PM

I'am going to do 10" with a 2" gap, on a vista blue, stripe will be the pearl, like on the Lincoln Navagator. will have pics in about a week or so. Also see the thread on stripes in the Mods section.

Dougxox 8/13/06 06:19 PM

Now thats what I like....LOOK FORD LOOK!!!!!:nice:

Glenn 8/13/06 07:14 PM

Very cool link

HOTLAP 8/14/06 02:18 PM

Here you go.

AF1 - very nice......Ford are you looking?? I think the LeMans stripe along the rocker would be nice too....need to find a place that could copy the GT/CS cutout for the lower front fender areas ..... would look just the same as the GT500 except it would have the GT/CS......

Bluefire 8/16/06 10:35 PM

My blue CS/GT Looks great with that silver down the side. :banana:

OKCMustangGT 8/16/06 10:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
These are 12", but you get the idea :-D
Attachment 7314
See the fullsize image HERE

vistablue mustang 8/17/06 08:15 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic of mine 10' with a 1' gap gloss white

HOTLAP 8/17/06 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
These are 12", but you get the idea :-D
Attachment 7314
See the fullsize image HERE

Daryl - nice looking ride!! :nice: I like that lemans stripe customized to your ride - where did you get it? I'd like to have one made for my GT/CS in silver, gold or white (gold might be the call since it's the black/parchament interior color scheme).

I ordered the black GT/CS - and after checking out one at a local dealer - you can't really see it's stripe at all.