2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Valet trashes my GT/CS tonight

Search this Thread

Old 4/13/07, 07:27 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Back in 1989 I had a 1988 Mustang gt. I was in a serious crash (Not my fault) The car was soo smashed up they woulndt total it yet there was 8,000 damage, I bought car for 11,000, The removed engine , tranny , removed the entire front end including unibody front frame rails and welded all new items on, It was as good as it was before, but they had it like 2 months. I broke my nose in accident, there insurance paid for the work, but woulndt pay me for the rental car while it was being fixed, so they left me no choice to get damages for broken nose, That got me a nice used 1988 Mustang 4 banger till car was done, then I had the 4 banger for winter and my GT for summer.Oh I had the Ford collision shop do it, It was definatly worth it letting Ford do all the work , It was perfect, Like I said they even had to replace the front frame rails(Uni-body)
Old 4/19/07, 09:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow man. I tripped out when I saw the damage to your ride. First I'd like to say that I also admire your restraint. To wreck it is one thing, but to flat out lie in your face when you heard him gun the thing, I would lost my mind and fired a right cross to his chin. I'm sorry and best wishes with those crazy a** insurance companies.
Old 4/24/07, 07:11 PM
Cobra R Member

Thanks for all the susport ... latest up dates.. was trying for a new car, plan A. That seams out of the picture, there was not enough damage to total the car . I am having the car repaired, Plan B. Looking for a cash payment for "dimished value", Atty is working on that. Figure I will put most of the money back into the car in mods . Dealer is working with me on some mods, 1, new hood... liking the 68 shelby hood , two companys coming up with one, Truefiber and The Racecar Factory.
2. some performance mods, still not sure, have a few in mind.
3. some interior bling, this too not sure on what. A lot depends on how much I get back.
A friend said " this could be your six million dollar man, rebuild it bigger, faster, stronger."
Any thoughts or ideas, would love to hear them.
Old 4/25/07, 07:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Doug, Fix it to a level that is presentable for resale, removing those mods that you wish, and sell it. Let the car become someone else's dream. Take the money, and start all over. My experience tells me that you will be better to cut your loss now, not later. Sorry to see this happen. Regards, Joe
Old 4/25/07, 08:49 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 07gtcs
I agree, it'll be like letting someone ride your wife...no freagin' way.

It's like letting someone ride your wife??? What if that someone is a hot chick??? I'd pay a buck to watch her ride my wife, I mean car!!!
Old 4/25/07, 12:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Route 66
It's like letting someone ride your wife??? What if that someone is a hot chick??? I'd pay a buck to what her ride my wife, I mean car!!!
Me too, me too
Old 5/1/07, 11:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Man...That looks bad... I would do what semperfi65 said and take all your mods off and sell it.... I know you probably put a lot of sweat and tears into it, but I don't know if it will ride & drive like it used to. What ever you choose to do good luck with the Lawers (they all suck). Hopefully whatever happens it works out best for you....ohh yea...props to you for not killing him!
Old 5/1/07, 12:22 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd sue the club for the damages (incompetent employee).
Old 6/29/07, 07:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Any news on this yet??? I'm surprised the lawyer hasn't tried to go for a gross negligence suit of some sort against the business as opposed to it being more or less a traffic incident.
Old 7/1/07, 09:05 AM
Cobra R Member

Ordered a Cervinis 68 style hood, it was delivered to the body shop last week, with the 4th holiday they won't get much work done but will hit it hard next week and should be done the week of the 16th.
We had to fight the ins. co. for payment of the rental car and got that settled. We are now working for diminished value. It will be in the system as a wrecked car now, not 100% original like my 70 Torino is. I know I have mods, but I've saved all the factory parts to put it back to original if I want to, except for the hood.
Old 7/1/07, 11:08 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So do you intend to keep the car Doug? I would suspect not but the waiting game is not fun, been there done that. Best of luck in the end here.
Old 7/1/07, 12:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Obviously there is a lot of frivolous lawsuits, but I would think this guy operating a business like this should not get off so easily. Thats a lot of inconvenience for you, a tainted car that would still be perfectly fine if not for his employee, etc etc.... I can't believe he's only going to get stuck with the repair bills for the vehicles involved, someone could of been killed.
Old 7/1/07, 01:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by ShowGT
So do you intend to keep the car Doug? I would suspect not but the waiting game is not fun, been there done that. Best of luck in the end here.

Yeah, I'll keep it . The damage was to body panels, hood, grill etc. Took out the radiator and trans cooler. Only frame damage was to the frame extensions where the bumper and Radiator connects to the frame, did not do any damage where the suspension or drive train is concerned. Body shop put it up on a lift and shot it with a lazer and everything was in good shape, no bent frame.
The frame extentions are made to crumple in an accident.
The guys at the body shop like my car and are taking a bit better care compared to someone who has a neon or something like that. They are the same shop that painted the stripes on it.

I have a box of mods I have been collecting in the mean time , can't wait to get them put on.

I had thought of trading it in for an 08 but I would take too big of a hit and can't afford that.
Old 7/1/07, 01:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by kevinb120
Obviously there is a lot of frivolous lawsuits, but I would think this guy operating a business like this should not get off so easily. Thats a lot of inconvenience for you, a tainted car that would still be perfectly fine if not for his employee, etc etc.... I can't believe he's only going to get stuck with the repair bills for the vehicles involved, someone could of been killed.
That is where the "Diminished Value" comes in. What is the difference between two cars on a lot for sale, one un wrecked and the other wrecked and repaired? both with same features etc. This will be in a cash settlement.
Old 7/1/07, 10:44 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Once you get it back, let me know and we can get together somewhere for a photo shoot! 1 coupe and 1 drop top!
Old 7/3/07, 07:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by ShowGT
Once you get it back, let me know and we can get together somewhere for a photo shoot! 1 coupe and 1 drop top!
Hey I'am game!
Old 7/6/07, 11:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Wow, we are almost home! Don't forget to post pix of your Six Million Dollar Man when you get him home!
Old 7/6/07, 03:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
This statement worries me should they not treat everyones with the same sort of respect unless its a cost factor ?

The guys at the body shop like my car and are taking a bit better care compared to someone who has a neon or something like that. They are the same shop that painted the stripes on it.
And I do hope you are compensated because comethat day you sell or trade in , has it been in an accident ?

That is where the "Diminished Value" comes in. What is the difference between two cars on a lot for sale, one un wrecked and the other wrecked and repaired? both with same features etc. This will be in a cash settlement.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Old 7/6/07, 05:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
This statement worries me should they not treat everyones with the same sort of respect unless its a cost factor ?
I am not sure what kind of business you are in, but I own mine. I treat every customer with attention and respect, but I have those customers who are repeat and those whose spend a lot of money with me. I tend to take care of them a bit better than the general public, not to say I disregard the general public but the service I give to my regulars is a bit more personal.
As the case with the dealer body shop, there I have spent a lot of money too. First a fully loaded GT/CS, the painted stripes, not just white but a pearl finish that is a three coat process. Then I've had the dealer add a few other mods where I have spent even more money with them. Then add in the $12,000+ in repairs for the damage.
So is it now special treatment or taking care of a customer who spends a lot of money with them????
Like I said in the begining I don't know what type of business you are in, but do you give a bit more personal service to those who deal with you a lot or act like a robot and treat everyone the same.
Old 7/6/07, 06:09 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I agree with Doug, regular clients of mine no longer have to prepay. I bill them every 29 days.

Quick Reply: Valet trashes my GT/CS tonight