2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Valet trashes my GT/CS tonight

Search this Thread

Old 3/7/07, 01:30 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is unacceptible already making youwait for their mistake. You should request compensation for everyday you have to live without a stang. I got $100 a day when someone from the state nailed my dd, and it took the body shop like a month to reapir. I didn't need a rental either since I had the stang and it was nice weather out, and I really had nowhere to be other than work
Old 3/7/07, 11:04 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude I am SO bummed........ sorry you are having to deal with this - and YES there is no excuse for you to be without a vehicle right now. Valet cos insurance should cover that for you.

PLEASE tell me that human a**hat lost his job..............

Old 3/7/07, 02:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
There should be a pain & Suffering in the Insurance for those that truley love thier cars
Old 3/12/07, 12:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
DON'T wait around for the other company! If you have a lawyer send out demands NOW!

The other company will do their best to DENY you!

For example, the moron that had an epileptic seizure and trashed my car IMHO is "at fault" because he is a sihthead that didn't take his meds and lost control of his car.

His insurance company just sent me a letter saying it wasn't his fault and they won't pay!!! How the F**k did they arrive at THAT conclusion?

Take the bull by the horns and DO something before you take it in the a**.
Old 3/16/07, 10:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Oh man that sucks!
I feel for you.
Old 3/16/07, 03:20 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
DON'T wait around for the other company! If you have a lawyer send out demands NOW!

For example, the moron that had an epileptic seizure and trashed my car IMHO is "at fault" because he is a sihthead that didn't take his meds and lost control of his car.

Take the bull by the horns and DO something before you take it in the a**.
agreed forget waiting, go all out, and the seizure thing depends on whose fault the cop said it was. If it truely was his fault then you will win no matter what.
Old 3/16/07, 03:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Spoke with my atty. today, letter going out monday.
Old 3/18/07, 02:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
OMG, extremely sorry to see this thread and for your loss.

As far as I'm concerned no valet ever touches my baby. I've been to a few occasions where they've had valets and as soon as they get to the door I lower my window and say,"Where should I park?" Usually they say something like,"Oh sir you're not allowed to park it we have to." To which I reply, "You're not gettin' in my car, now where do I park!"
Old 3/18/07, 05:39 PM
V6 Member

Angry

Originally Posted by Dougxox
Man I am terribly sorry for the loss of your car. Anything less than a new car would be a travesty of justice! Best of luck.

Old 3/22/07, 11:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Mas35NYR
As far as I'm concerned no valet ever touches my baby. I've been to a few occasions where they've had valets and as soon as they get to the door I lower my window and say,"Where should I park?" Usually they say something like,"Oh sir you're not allowed to park it we have to." To which I reply, "You're not gettin' in my car, now where do I park!"
Man, and then you will be wondering (and posting here) why you have keyed paint and flat tires when you get back to your Pony...
Old 3/23/07, 12:05 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Burke0011
Dude I am SO bummed........ sorry you are having to deal with this - and YES there is no excuse for you to be without a vehicle right now. Valet cos insurance should cover that for you.

PLEASE tell me that human a**hat lost his job..............

yea, I have a striped out V6 pony . No offence to you pony owners but if you had what I had this is a step down . Ironic thing is it is also a VB only in a coupe, people keep asking what I am doing with Florida plates
Old 3/23/07, 09:07 AM
Cobra Member

Doug - first off let me say I am truly sorry to see that happen to your Stang...you have been one of the more active members here on TMS and have done many mods to your stang....it's quite obvious how much you like your Mustang and that makes it 10 times worse than if it were just a grocery getter. I too went through this with my '00 GT Convertible - some idiot with no insurance, citizenship, or $$ came flying out of a parking lot am smashed up my (7 month old) GT. Was the 1st brand spanking new car I'd ever purchased and was my pride and joy. It was never quite the same after that - just knowing it had been wrecked/repainted, etc. ruined the ownership pleasure for me and I ended up trading it for a Lincoln LS.

IMHO it doesn't look like a total (which is too bad) so you are going to have to go the body shop repair route. Check around and select a reputable shop - meet the shop manager and see if that person is someone you can deal with. Be sure he/she understands how important your Mustang is and that you will be actively participating in the process. My '00 GT took 7 weeks in the body shop and I was calling or stopping by at least 3 times a week. One week I was traveling on business and came back and no progress had been made...they told me it was at the Ford dealer getting a new airbag module installed and when I called the
Ford dealer - they had no idea what I was talking about. Seems one of the bodyshop grunts had parked my Stang on the dealers back lot and left....didn't mention a word to anyone so it just sat there (with the windows down as well). As you can imagine I was pretty upset with this incompentence......moral is that you need to take an active role in the repair of your Stang and be sure you review the repair estimate in DETAIL and understand/agree with everything that's included. For instance, they were planning on using a "remanufactured" front clip on my 7 month old GT and I insisted that it be new from Ford...even called my insurance company so we were all on the same page. Another thing is that it had been hit in the front driver's wheel area and it really messed up the front end. R&P, etc. Once I got it back the steering had a bunch of play in it and when I went back to the Ford dealer who had repaired the front end I was advised QUOTE "We had one of our 30 year experienced front end experts drive your car and there is nothing wrong - the play you feel in the front end is the way it comes from the factory"....well that was BS and I ended up tracing the play to the steering column "tilt" coupling that had been streched during the accident. Another Ford dealer agreed with me, ordered the part and it was fixed - they were amazed at how incompetent my local Ford dealer had been about the obvious play in the steering system. It ended up being another $600.00 repair charge that my insurance company covered. Had to send them pics though.

Good luck - and stay with it.....by the way, this post is long enough...I won't even get started on the insurance preimum increase I received after the accident - even though it was no fault of my own - but the illegal that hit me had no insurance, papers, license, and tried to flee the scene....
Old 3/25/07, 04:09 PM

First off let me say that I am also very sorry about your car. I know how you feel. I was in this spot 18 months ago, just purchased a 05 GT, had it 60 days had a woman hit me head on at 45 mph, on a two lane highway.

First off, let me tell you from the start, you will never, repeat never feel the same about the car. I don't care how good the work is, you just wont. Don't kid yourself. I know I tried to mod it even more etc, but your always thinking, is this because of the wreck, is that because of the wreck, whats that noise? It will drive you crazy.

IMHO, you have a lawyer, so if I were you I would be working the approach of them simply getting you a new Mustang, as close to the one you had as possible. Here's why, your damage is over 25 % value of the car. That means that no dealership would even sell it. I don't know what state your in, but depending on the state your in determines your legal requirements on what you have to do when selling your car, or trading it in. Dude, you have a car with 25% damage. not good

Tell them, here, buy your car, they can sell it, and between the diff of cost to fix yours, and sell yours unrepaired, they would be at the same cost. You just go a get new Mustang. Plus no injuries due to the fact driver boy wrecked it not you. Plus I would get the restaurant to fess up some green to make this work for you as well, those guys have insurance.

You need to get your butt out of that car, and you need to hit the place that hired the butt that wrecked your car, and make the mothers pay. If not you will be eating the problem.

Feel free to call me, etc at 919-219-9631.

I know your pain first hand, I was sick for 3 months over my car, and dude, listen, the insurance companies are pretty slick, so watch out. They are not repeat your friends. also are you upside down in your car? Do you have gap insurance?

If I were you I would demand that they put you back to where you were 1 minute before that butt wrecked your car.

I traded my 05 GT in last December 06 for an 07 Mustang GT C/S and I love it. You want to keep the magic that you had before the accident

Remember, you are where the rubber meets the road. Make them pay and put you back where you were before this happened. Plus I would sue for time and mental anguish. No kidding dude.

I normally don't sit on my computer typing long replies like this, but as you can kinda tell, I feel strongly about this, and your situation

Good luck

Mike Clow
Old 3/30/07, 02:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Ugh that churned my stomach. I had to valet the other day too, and the dumb girl thought she was a stunt driver or something cuz she gunned it and parked it in reverse almost hitting my friends Accord. After some dirty looks, I picked it up myself from valet with NO tip.
Old 3/30/07, 05:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

So the lesson learned here is: Never use Valet parking. I remember back when I had my Miata (that little sucker will out 5.0s in a heart beat) I took a trip to New Orleans and had to valet park in a hotel where they put the car in an elevator and parke it somewhere up in the building. When I went to pick it up I could hear screech, screech! and shorlty after I saw my car coming out of the lift...there was a ding on the quarter panel and got into a serious fight with the valet dude. The Hotel denied anything, of course, but I did end up getting my stay there for free...well, at the cost of a ding. Never again!
Old 3/31/07, 07:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Finally had time to read this... oh man, I would hang the valet for sure. What's going on now with this? Is your car under repair? I'm ****ed too and it't not my car...
Old 4/11/07, 08:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any updates on your car?
Old 4/12/07, 05:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Dougxox
Doug, what's the latest on your car? Any word from the attorney?
Old 4/12/07, 08:59 PM
V6 Member

Almost 2 months down the road.......any idea where it may end up ?

Your experience, although really sucky may help others if you felt like sharing.
Old 4/12/07, 09:25 PM
Cobra R Member

Atty and Ins. co are "negotiating" ie: another term for arguing...LOL.
We have agreed to have the car repaired, after that we are looking for the dealer to take it on trade for a new car and a cash settlement from the Ins. co to make up the difference to get me there. The problem arises as to how much the dealer will give me and what the Ins. co will kick in, along with determining what is " Diminished value". How much the car has lost due to being damaged. Dealer and Atty are working with each other to come up with that figure.........IE. still waiting... but starting to enjoy the use of the striped out V6 pony rental car.........not.

Quick Reply: Valet trashes my GT/CS tonight