The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/)
-   -   Trunk accent stripe (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/trunk-accent-stripe-448634/)

bztz4m 3/7/07 11:25 AM

Trunk accent stripe

2 Attachment(s)
I member of the californiaspecial.com site shared this with me, she is having a vinyl stripe maded for her GT/CS. I am asking her how much it will be. I just wanted to share this and see what everyone thinks about this.

07gtcs 3/7/07 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by bztz4m (Post 859560)
I member of the californiaspecial.com site shared this with me, she is having a vinyl stripe maded for her GT/CS. I am asking her how much it will be. I just wanted to share this and see what everyone thinks about this.

Are you talking about the facny California Special on the quarter panel? IMO, looks terrible.:bad: It reminds me of this really nice brand new Mercedes Benz I saw once where the owner had stenciled in fancy letters "A Touch of Class". He ruined any class the Merc had by putting that on.:screwy:

bztz4m 3/7/07 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by 07gtcs (Post 859584)
Are you talking about the facny California Special on the quarter panel? IMO, looks terrible.:bad: It reminds me of this really nice brand new Mercedes Benz I saw once where the owner had stenciled in fancy letters "A Touch of Class". He ruined any class the Merc had by putting that on.:screwy:

NO I was talking about the vinyl stripe along the trunk of the car. I think the logo is alittle big for the car.

LEO_06GT 3/7/07 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by bztz4m (Post 859560)

Can't remember which one or if both make it but I know for sure either graphics-express or Baltimore street mods have that design.

bztz4m 3/7/07 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT (Post 859604)
Can't remember which one or if both make it but I know for sure either graphics-express or Baltimore street mods have that design.

I believe she is having graphic-express make the stripe. They have a similar stripe but not this one.

LEO_06GT 3/7/07 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by bztz4m (Post 859607)
I believe she is having graphic-express make the stripe. They have a similar stripe but not this one.

Really?? I called those C-suckers yesterday about making a custom stripe and I got cut off with a "NO we don't make custom stripes." before finishing my sentence.

bztz4m 3/7/07 12:44 PM

Interesting....I keep you up to dated on this to see what she finds out. He seems a bit high priced on the stripe his was 38.00 the one I saw on Baltimorestreetmods had one alittle better for 15.00.

LEO_06GT 3/7/07 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by bztz4m (Post 859631)
Interesting....I keep you up to dated on this to see what she finds out. He seems a bit high priced on the stripe his was 38.00 the one I saw on Baltimorestreetmods had one alittle better for 15.00.

Yeah I think his prices are high because he has Ford approval and has to give them a cut.

07gtcs 3/7/07 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by bztz4m (Post 859595)
NO I was talking about the vinyl stripe along the trunk of the car. I think the logo is alittle big for the car.

Sorry, I see which one you mean. Again IMO, doesn't belong there...looks odd.

bztz4m 3/7/07 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT (Post 859640)
Yeah I think his prices are high because he has Ford approval and has to give them a cut.

That figures....Ford has its hands in the pot..

bztz4m 3/7/07 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by 07gtcs (Post 859644)
Sorry, I see which one you mean. Again IMO, doesn't belong there...looks odd.

The trunk area needs something there it is a little plain to me. I think if the made the car with the correct spoiler then the stripe could go along the edge of the spoiler like the old GT/CS stripe does.

07gtcs 3/7/07 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by bztz4m (Post 859661)
The trunk area needs something there it is a little plain to me. I think if the made the car with the correct spoiler then the stripe could go along the edge of the spoiler like the old GT/CS stripe does.

I agree with you on the little plain part, but not a stripe. The stock spoiler doesn't go with the CS. That is the only part I didn't like about the CS. It should have had a spoiler like the GT500 or similar.

bztz4m 3/7/07 01:27 PM

It would have been nice to have the GT500 wing but I am sure that is an exclusive GT500 factory item....It pains but to have to shell out 400 - 500 for a new wing plus paint.

GottaHaveIt 3/7/07 01:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well I got an antenna for the Sirius sat on mine but not quite was I was hoping for lol

ljzippy 3/7/07 03:26 PM

Just my opinion, looks like s h i t. Sorry

GottaHaveIt 3/7/07 05:45 PM

the anntenna ? yup I had no choice it came like that ? sorry not the clearest

tuco 3/7/07 06:05 PM

The original stripe in post #1 - don't like it.

tapd117 3/7/07 07:51 PM

Rear Stripe

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT (Post 859604)

Leo,

Turn my car around and show them how the rear aviator looks. It's got the same Mach 1 type stripe with the MUSTANG on the left side in all caps or you can have it plain.

Also remember to make sure you wash my car before you return it, last time it was low on gas and dirty.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

GottaHaveIt 3/7/07 08:07 PM

the stripe I think if maybe a bit gray'r likr the side stripe it may be more to a liking ?

LEO_06GT 3/7/07 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by tapd117 (Post 860099)
Leo,

Turn my car around and show them how the rear aviator looks. It's got the same Mach 1 type stripe with the MUSTANG on the left side in all caps or you can have it plain.

Also remember to make sure you wash my car before you return it, last time it was low on gas and dirty.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No striping or Mustang lettering on my rear. Also no rear window louver. I'd perfer to call my car the hot younger sister of yours. :poke: :jester:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...l/ducktail.jpg