The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/)
-   -   Stripe Suggestions for GT/CS's... (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/stripe-suggestions-gt-css-467452/)

Starfire 4/28/08 01:47 PM

Stripe Suggestions for GT/CS's...

So as you know I have a white GT/CS but I'd like to add stripes to it but really don't want black but also don't want to remove the side stripes, so any suggestions? I like the superstripe not that it makes much difference. I though about a silver or gray stripe to stay in the monotone them of the white and black but just not sure if it will look good.

I just don't like the back as it's just to much contrast for my liking, so please give me your suggestions! and if you have a pic post it!!

Thanks!!

Rebel73 4/28/08 01:54 PM

Silver looks nice on white...and more subtle, but I think you'd have to lose the side stripe. However, BSM now sells Gt/CS style side stripes to match.

Actually, just about anything will work on white, blue and red look good, too. Just depends what you like...

Starfire 4/28/08 02:14 PM

BSM has fading stripes? I know I saw a type that had like hash marks at the end, but it didn't fade.

Though I'd still like to keep the stock ones, it's such a hard idea to come up with.

Rebel73 4/28/08 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Starfire (Post 5557935)
BSM has fading stripes? I know I saw a type that had like hash marks at the end, but it didn't fade.

Though I'd still like to keep the stock ones, it's such a hard idea to come up with.

you may be right. Go on there and take a look. Just another option, though.

Yah, they are the hash style. Just checked. I just don't think it would flow right with black stripes on the side and a different color down the middle. I could be wrong, though.

n4agoodtyme 4/28/08 03:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I had a custom stripe just on the hood and painted the spoiler black...

Kind of like the Parnelli Jones version...just with THIN pinstripes down the side

Starfire 4/28/08 08:32 PM

Is that stripe painted or vinyl?

n4agoodtyme 4/29/08 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by Starfire (Post 5558211)
Is that stripe painted or vinyl?

Mine is painted...

But you can get the Parnelli Jones sticker for about $100 and add your own pinstripe and it would look very close to this...

Starfire 4/29/08 06:47 AM

Yeah BSM has a superstripe for the hood only

NJJOE 4/29/08 11:56 AM

autotrim design makes a the same exact fade stripe for the side. They have Silver. I have them installed on my vista blue care and they look really nice. They also sell the other stripes as well. May be worth checking them out.

DANNY 4/29/08 03:51 PM

Stripes on white

5 Attachment(s)
Not for everyone, but i like it.

adrenalin 4/30/08 05:49 AM

Since you don't want to remove the side stripes I would suggest that whatever you do, you at least use the same colour. I think it would look too much like an after thought if you used a different colour.

Rebel73 4/30/08 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by adrenalin (Post 5558979)
Since you don't want to remove the side stripes I would suggest that whatever you do, you at least use the same colour. I think it would look too much like an after thought if you used a different colour.

Yep, that's what I'm saying, too.

WaltM 4/30/08 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by adrenalin (Post 5558979)

Exactly. You want things to match. Mismatched stripe colors and finishes (gloss, satin etc) tend to look added on and not well designed.

Starfire 4/30/08 11:50 AM

Yeah I'm thinking the hood only stripe as a stripe from bumper to bumper seems to much to me on a white car with black stripes.

WaltM 4/30/08 11:55 AM

:nice:

Water_Junky 5/2/08 05:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have the 1970 Mach1 style stripe on mine and really like it.

Terry

denlem 5/2/08 09:29 AM

I like that stripe too. I just wish it was wider to so I could get one and cover my rock chip with it!

WaltM 5/2/08 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Water_Junky (Post 5560178)
I have the 1970 Mach1 style stripe on mine and really like it.

Terry

And the look works!

Starfire 5/12/08 09:56 PM

OK so I got my stripe...

http://home.comcast.net/~starfire1010/stripe1.jpg

I like it hope the small air bubbles though will cook out in the sun.

Superfly SN95 5/13/08 01:09 AM

Looks great :nice: