The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/)
-   -   Some New Mods (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/some-new-mods-443265/)

dly 11/11/06 06:37 AM

Some New Mods

6 Attachment(s)
Here is what I've been going lately. Wanted to get these mods installed before Winter storage. A-pillar gauges and a DIY Struct Brace.
Attachment 13627 Attachment 13628
Attachment 13629

dly 11/12/06 01:27 PM

WOW 45 views and no comments good or bad?????

Comox 11/12/06 08:09 PM

About the guages

What guages did you have mounted? My Mustang has all the regular guages and I thought that all our GT/CSs had the same. I think it is a very proffessional looking install but I am curious about your guages. Also I have heard a lot of you folks talk about the strut brace and I have seen a few mounted in pictures but what is the purpose of the brace?

All smiles all the time with a GT/CS

Chilliwack 42 11/13/06 12:25 AM

Theyre ford racing guages, looks like a volt meter, oil pressure or temp, cant tell what the last one is, maybe water temp. The strut brace helps prevent body flex in the front end. I thought I read somewhere that when you add on guages like that you have to disconnect the factory guages, can anyone confirm this?

Chilliwack 42 11/13/06 12:26 AM

by the way looks good! nice job with the strut tower brace.

dly 11/13/06 06:05 AM

Yes they are Ford Racing gauges made by Autometer. They are volts, oil pressure and Water Temp. I like to know where the pressure and temp. are not just between High and Low like the stock gauges. I kept the stock gauges connected so the computer could still read them. For the oil pressure I just use a 90 degree elbow to a tee and than connected the stock sender to one side and the mech gauge to the other. For the water temp. there is a plug on the driver's side of the engine block that works great.
The homemade Struct brace is just a 1/2" square bar I had left over from a old project and a 1/8" steel plate. Made the plates fit the shock tower and just kept heating up the bar and made the bends at the right place. Pulled out the Mig welder and than painted the whole thing black. I don't know if the struct tower does a whole lot but it only cost me a Saturday afternoon.
Since the Mustang is in the garge now the next project will be to remove the valve covers and paint them black. And also start looking for the Chrome Bullit rims that will match the orginal ones that are 10" wide for some bigger rear tires. Also the black corner lights are installed.

ljzippy 11/13/06 08:28 PM

Like the new gauges, just not a big fan of them on the A post. Like that you could keep the old gauges operational. Nice car

Burke0011 11/13/06 09:00 PM

DUDE looks good!

I am thinking about that A piller gauge stack myself.... where did you get yours?

dly 11/14/06 08:49 AM

Summit racing catalog. If you want the Mech. Water Temp. gauge you will need the metric adaptor part number 2275 to go into the side of the block.